Match Thread Chelsea v. Sheffield United - 31st Aug 19

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

CHE
CHE
CHE

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1566894837005.png v. 1566894845464.png

EPL Week 4 - Saturday 31st August 2019 - Stamford Bridge

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/chelsea-vs-sheffield-united.468/

Officials:

Referee:
Stuart Attwell
Assistant Referee: Stuart Burt
Assistant Referee: Nick Hopton
Fourth Official: Dean Whitestone
Video Assistant Referee: Tim Robinson
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Adam Nunn

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2019-08-29 at 18.32.48.png

Visitors Guide:

Attachments

• Visiting Supporters Advice 31.08.19 (1).pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 67
Last edited:

Surprised that Robinson got the nod ahead of McGoldrick given Goldie's ability to drop deep and link play. I guess Robbo's pace must have swayed it.

Happy with that line up,Robbo still finding his feet,hopefully he'll find them today...McB and Robbo is the pairing I've been wanting to see from day one to be honest.

Can someone explain what Sharp has done to deserve being demoted to the bench? It was the same last season, Wilder always seemed more keen to drop Sharp and Duffy more than any other player.

Demoted the bench?

He started the last league game on the bench. How is that a demotion?

United look shit scared! The forwards not playing together, too far apparent? Robinson out of his depth?

Last edited:
Another goal another suspect foul on our keeper and no mention of VAR !!

Perhaps a stop for Peroni is required after this one.......

.......can someone pop out at half time?

Second week running first goal conceded to a basic error. Can't afford that in this league.

Wilder needs to drop this flat midfield three and go back to our natural game. Our midfield are dire in possession this season and we'll never score more than 2 goals in a month of Sundays, the way we've given it away cheaply these last two games.

I hate to say it, but we miss Duffy. We need Freeman or Morrison to play that free role behind the front two to support the front two.

Granted this is Chelsea away, a game no one expects us to win or get a result from. But passing the ball to each other shouldn't look this difficult, the worst part being that most of these players were our starting eleven last season.

I won't be deflated by the result today, but individual performances matter as much.

This isn't a good Chelsea team.
They're in transition.
Better teams will take them apart.

Garth Crooks
BBC Sport football expert on Final Score
On Sheffield United's survival hopes: "They're going to struggle. They lack potency at the front and their style of football is quite basic for the Premier League. They're going to work hard and really frustrate teams and have a go but I can't see them surviving with this quality of football."

They are simlpy better than us and are frustrating us with their possession. Looking like 2 or 3 nil. McGoldrick knitting the midfield and forward play together is being badly missed.

I don't like admitting it, but I agree with the twat. We look toothless in possession and I can't see where any goals are coming from.

General possession play. Poor.
Crossing. Poor.
Free kicks. Poor.
Corners. Poor.

Two of our three goals weren't chances created in open play, but scrappy knock ins.

Wilder needs this international break to regroup and come up with some new ideas or we're up shit creek!

I'll remain positive overall, as I didn't expect a result today. I expected defeat.

Everton at the Lane will be a huge game now.

You have got to take ur chances at this level kin hell should have scored there

FUCK CROOKES U CUNT

Robbo should of buried the diving header. But must say Robbo and Mcburnie look much more natural partnership than Robbo and Didsy

Back
Top Bottom