Match Thread Chelsea v. Sheffield United - 31st Aug 19

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

CHE
CHE
CHE

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1566894837005.png v. 1566894845464.png

EPL Week 4 - Saturday 31st August 2019 - Stamford Bridge

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/chelsea-vs-sheffield-united.468/

Officials:

Referee:
Stuart Attwell
Assistant Referee: Stuart Burt
Assistant Referee: Nick Hopton
Fourth Official: Dean Whitestone
Video Assistant Referee: Tim Robinson
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Adam Nunn

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2019-08-29 at 18.32.48.png

Visitors Guide:

Attachments

• Visiting Supporters Advice 31.08.19 (1).pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 67
Last edited:

Going to be sat in the home end at an away game for the first time ever. Any tips?
Lambeth Walk and cockney slang won't help you here, I don't fancy your chances.

" Going to be sat in the home end at an away game for the first time ever. Any tips? "

You will die if you celebrate a goal for us in the Chelsea end !!

But I don't think will have to worry about that tomorrow :rolleyes:

So after the wholesale changes employed for the midweek EFL match, a lineup more resembling last Saturday's game seems likely. Chelsea under Frank Lampard don't feel the threat that you would normally associate with them, however in fairness they have a number of injuries and of course the transfer ban to contend with....

But anyway...

Any team news? :)

The Mousse a possible starter?

I think Mcburnie surely has to start a game like this?

Otherwise same as v Leicester? :)

Since the fixtures were announced I've always had a funny feeling about this game, as in, every chance of a positive result. However Chelsea have some fantastic players and all things being equal they would win 70% of the time at least. Let's hope today this is one that goes our way. However I'm not sure my confidence stretches quite as far as a Blades victory... So I'm going for a 1-1 with Freeman scoring if he plays :) I also have a weird feeling Bash is gonna get sent off...

Safe journey all and be loud and proud.

UTB

So after the wholesale changes employed for the midweek EFL match, a lineup more resembling last Saturday's game seems likely. Chelsea under Frank Lampard don't feel the threat that you would normally associate with them, however in fairness they have a number of injuries and of course the transfer ban to contend with....

But anyway...

Any team news? :)

The Mousse a possible starter?

I think Mcburnie surely has to start a game like this?

Otherwise same as v Leicester? :)

Since the fixtures were announced I've always had a funny feeling about this game, as in, every chance of a positive result. However Chelsea have some fantastic players and all things being equal they would win 70% of the time at least. Let's hope today this is one that goes our way. However I'm not sure my confidence stretches quite as far as a Blades victory... So I'm going for a 1-1 with Freeman scoring if he plays :) I also have a weird feeling Bash is gonna get sent off...

Safe journey all and be loud and proud.

UTB

Loyse ☹

Let's fuckin av it Blades!
Hoping we go all out to win this today, Chelski's defence aren't brilliant right now, and we should look to exploit that with the attacking football we all enjoyed last season.
COYRAWW!!!!

Norwich put goals past these lot I don’t see why we can’t do the same. Stay solid and play our normal game. Frank Lampard’s Chelsea are one of the ‘big 6’ I’d be confident of getting a result against.

Darren bent on talkSPORT- “Mcburnie isn’t a goal scorer” “Sharp is their only goal threat”
Well to be fair it was a very lucky deflection of his head last Saturday. Continuation of how fortunate he was all last season for Swansea.

Darren fuckin Bent, goalscorer extraoirdinaire. FFS. :D

Maddison made a goal for Vardy in a game that we lost, not really sure we can claim that one.

Both anonymous otherwise, not exactly disappointing but 'run o' the mill' - apart from that excellent goal which was handed on a plate but needed 'devouring'.

I hope we have a go at them their weakness is at the back, the question I think is belief. Do the players think they are good enough to go there and get a result?

Looking at the expected line up I think we are going in slightly over cautious.

Tight game and probably a narrow defeat 2-1.

I wonder when teams and fans will stop underestimating us.

So far, we've limited 3 very good attacking teams to a handful of chances.

I wonder when teams and fans will stop underestimating us.

So far, we've limited 3 very good attacking teams to a handful of chances.
When we start beating teams.

I woke up dreading this game, its probally the 1st match since wolves away where I know we are most likely going to lose, its a case of how bad is it going to be, as I put on view from they aren't the Europa league champions & in champions league for nothing. has some great attacking players

Going to be very tough to generate a result. We'll need to watch we don't get caught with our CBS too far up or we'll get picked off.

Need to take any chances we can get and be hard to break down.

No Morrison.
McBurnie for McGoldrick.
1-3 Blades.

McBurnie off at half-time as he's a plane to catch, Glasgow bound.

Can someone explain what Sharp has done to deserve being demoted to the bench? It was the same last season, Wilder always seemed more keen to drop Sharp and Duffy more than any other player.

Take celery, you'll be fine.
Don't speak (northern). Jump up and clap if Chelsea score. Sit and laugh inside if United score. If asked say you are neutral and love the P.L. and from Bergen in Norway. Your own team is Rosenberg in Trondeim ( I think). Talk like a Scandinavian actor. Watch out, Chelsea's crowd are aggressive.
when the Blades score bury your head in your hands as if gutted but you will be secretly smiling, they seem to know who are from the north, I got jumped on leaving the ground & I wasn't even wearing colours, take care

Back
Top Bottom