Cheerio Hecky

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Hecky is shit, get rid. Awful tactics, awful style of play (probably the worst the prem has ever seen) and no results. The team has no fight, can’t hold possession, can’t attack and can’t defend. He’s assembled this team and coaches them.

he’s dire and blind to how shit we are.

Hi Stegosaurus here

Just a reminder that if the board had listened to my advice months ago and sacked Hecky when I suggested, we wouldn't be in this mess and would likely have some points under our belt.

Im not saying we'd be flying high, but we'd be on par with Luton or Everton.

Still waiting for somehwere here to say, "you were right again, Steggo, me old chum, let me buy you a pint next time you're in The Shakey. And I'd love to hear your thoughts on how we can turn this season around."

You're no doubt on record, multiple times, with who you think would be a better option, but just for the sake of clarity, who'd be your top three candidates to take us on? And l mean that, given all the off field shenanigans, financial implications, timing, available players etc?

Genuine question. I've thought long and hard about it, and l can't shake the feeling we're between a rock and a hard place.

Hecky is shit, get rid. Awful tactics, awful style of play (probably the worst the prem has ever seen) and no results. The team has no fight, can’t hold possession, can’t attack and can’t defend. He’s assembled this team and coaches them.

he’s dire and blind to how shit we are.

I'm pretty sure there's more voices, opinions and wallets shaping the team than just his...

Also, I'm 100% certain he knows how shit we are, he just can't do enough about it to get meaningful change.

None of this season is on Hecky for me.
In terms of players i agree. In terms of players' fitness conditioning that is down to Hecky and his team.( look at how many late goals we concede).
Not making subs esrly emough is down to Hecky(McAtee and Archer were clearly knackered after 60 mins and should have been replaced easier). The reluctance to use 5 subs to freshen things is baffling at times .
I don't mind us playing more direct when McBurnie is playing as it suits us but he goes off, we don't appear to change our approach. McBurnie goes off, we have no threat. That's down to Hecky

In terms of players i agree. In terms of players' fitness conditioning that is down to Hecky and his team.( look at how many late goals we concede).
Not making subs esrly emough is down to Hecky(McAtee and Archer were clearly knackered after 60 mins and should have been replaced easier). The reluctance to use 5 subs to freshen things is baffling at times .
I don't mind us playing more direct when McBurnie is playing as it suits us but he goes off, we don't appear to change our approach. McBurnie goes off, we have no threat. That's down to Hecky

Agree, but we had One on the bench yesterday. We're scraping the bottom of the barrel, in ways l can't remember being as bad, to even turn up with a full compliment. There's only so much that can be done with the players we have at our disposal.

Sending our best youngsters out on loan is coming back to bite, but it was the right thing to do at the time, so here we are. Fucked.

I change my mind on a daily basis about Hecky. I wake one the morning…I want him sacked, what if someone could come in a give the players a lift and identify where they’re going wrong? Better positioning, better press, better defending, etc etc. The next morning…I wake up thinking we couldn’t find anybody capable of improving what is a Championship squad, put together on the cheap, and that Hecky has been dealt a poor hand by an owner who wants out.
Next morning…repeat.

I think opinions are split down the middle on Hecky. For various reasons, I would never call for our manager to be sacked…But I wouldn’t cry if he was.

So, you’re basically saying a manager makes no odds then? Doesn’t matter who’s in charge? You truly believe if, in some alternate universe, Jurgen Klopp became our manager, he would continue to churn the abject performances we’re seeing? Someone should tell the top clubs to stop wasting millions on world class managers, might as well put Gary from the local in charge.

Of course a better manager would ‘get a tune out of these players’. We’re far better than we’re seeing. I find this current line ridiculous, that we might as well keep him because, of the thousands of professional football managers around the world, nobody could possibly do any better.
In a nutshell yes Jan comes too late to add additional quality i personally don't see how any new manager gets a tune out of what we have let alone the injuries mounting to key players. I want to be more optimistic however it's pretty much the same week in week out

Sacking Hecky is not the answer, we should be setting up to play to our strengths but fir some reason we are not.

And the reason we play that way is?

Hecky has done really well in getting us back up here. But we look absolutely done and out of ideas ATM.

FWIW If we were going to make a change I would have got someone in during the recent international break. In order to try and work with the players as much as possible before Man U.

If we are toying with the idea of CW then get it done quickly and let's move on.

I'm pretty sure there's more voices, opinions and wallets shaping the team than just his...

Also, I'm 100% certain he knows how shit we are, he just can't do enough about it to get meaningful change.
In his post game interviews he seems to think we were always close and unlucky.

He needs to go

He's had a good run but he isn't turning this around - as in getting us anywhere near 20 points

Who comes in? Totally shot team. Injuries that could fill a decent championship squad. An owner who wont spend. Its not exactly making us attractable
All rumours and logical conclusions suggest that the man would be Chris Wilder. I understand the reservations. But he has recent experience of taking a Sheffield United team, made up of players with no premiership experience, and keeping us up. In his own words, getting a pint out of a half pint pot.

He also turned perennial losers into a wining machine when he joined.

We know how it ended up, but right now that seems like incredibly close to the job spec.

Sacking him isn't the answer for me.
We showed some good bits last night. Yeah Man Utd aren't what they once were, but they're still the biggest club in the world.

An already inferior squad to at least 18 teams in the division also has the following out/been out...

Egan
Anel
Basham
Lowe
Baldock
(That's pretty much the entire 1st choice back line)
RND
Osborn*
Fleck*
Davies
Jebbison
Brewster*

Any team with that number of first team players out injured would struggle. When you are already one of the worst squads in the division, your second string aren't going to be pulling up many trees.

Let's not forget some of the teams we've played...

Man City (champions)
Newcastle (CL team)
Man Utd (top 6)
Spurs (top of the league)

Of the games we have played, you could say we expected points against Palace, Everton and Forest.

We have Wolves, Bournemouth and Burnley coming up soon - we NEED points from them

Who would?
I think we do need to make a change just to try something new, we’re coming up to the point of no return like we did under wilder and need to act fast.

As you say, there’s no guarantee that a change will work but it’s worth a try imo. If we make no change we will go down with a record low total at this rate

All rumours and logical conclusions suggest that the man would be Chris Wilder. I understand the reservations. But he has recent experience of taking a Sheffield United team, made up of players with no premiership experience, and keeping us up. In his own words, getting a pint out of a half pint pot.

He also turned perennial losers into a wining machine when he joined.

We know how it ended up, but right now that seems like incredibly close to the job spec.

If for no other reason than we'd also get Matt Prestridge in as part of the deal, CW coming back sounds more palatable.

Hi Stegosaurus here

Graham Potter would be my number 1 choice

Not sure the other twoo--I'd have to think on it.
Yeah, you've swerved the other part of my question - given the financial, timing, injury factors, then who? Potter ain't coming to this shit show*.

*I'll die on a hill defending United but it's clear as day we're a basket case right now.

Yeah, you've swerved the other part of my question - given the financial, timing, injury factors, then who? Potter ain't coming to this shit show*.

*I'll die on a hill defending United but it's clear as day we're a basket case right now.
Hi Stegosaurus here

Which is why we should have sacked Hecky when I said, months ago. Before the first international break.

It was clear then that he wasn't up to it. And at that point, we werent so far gone to be an unattractive choice for managers.

Sack Hecky then, like I said, and Potter or someone else would have been glad to join.

So you have basically admitted I am right. We should have sacked Hecky long ago.

Hi Stegosaurus here

Which is why we should have sacked Hecky when I said, months ago. Before the first international break.

It was clear then that he wasn't up to it. And at that point, we werent so far gone to be an unattractive choice for managers.

Sack Hecky then, like I said, and Potter or someone else would have been glad to join.

So you have basically admitted I am right. We should have sacked Hecky long ago.

Yes, hindsight is 20/20. I'm not taking revisionism. I'm taking here and now. Who?

I just can't believe we couldn't get better than fleck / Osborne or traore, we paid a few million for the last two.

That's on him.
I think he wanted the number of players we got in to be higher than it was. I couldn’t tell you where he genuinely thinks those three players are in terms of where he thinks their impact would be on the season but doubt he thinks any of them were going to be serious threats to first team starting positions.

Hi Stegosaurus here

Months ago? You mean September this year? You were pretty much in favour of him April to August.

But Trolls gotta troll to keep the lid on their tragic existence l suppose.

1. Has Hecky Been Sacked Yet?

Hi Stegosaurus here Hecky giving Wilder a lesson in how to manage a team. Always said Wilder was a fraud who fluked onto a decent tactic

I don't believe sacking the manager is going to make any difference. I think we might as well stick with him even if it's just for continuity at the moment. Make no mistake, we're going down, no matter who is the manager. The club had basically 'planned' for it in the summer. What kind of ambition does it show to wait until you've sold your two best players before bringing anyone in? That's not Hecky's fault. He said we were miles off where he wanted us to be just before the first game. As Roygbiv and Beans have said now many times in Bladespod, you can't try to build a team of new players and expect them to gel while you're playing against some of the best teams in the world in probably the hardest league in the world. No manager in the world can change that. Ok, he might not make subs we agree with or his tactics might not be to your liking, but fundamentally, nothing is going to change the fact we are going down.

So Stegosaurus would have changed the manager before the season started? Brilliant, let's dispense with the guy who got us here, not forgetting he couldn't bring anyone in, in January because the club was in an embargo, was that his fault too? Bearing in mind the points about selling our best players and not replacing them soon enough, which brilliant manager do you think could have done any better?

I don't believe sacking the manager is going to make any difference. I think we might as well stick with him even if it's just for continuity at the moment. Make no mistake, we're going down, no matter who is the manager. The club had basically 'planned' for it in the summer. What kind of ambition does it show to wait until you've sold your two best players before bringing anyone in? That's not Hecky's fault. He said we were miles off where he wanted us to be just before the first game. As Roygbiv and Beans have said now many times in Bladespod, you can't try to build a team of new players and expect them to gel while you're playing against some of the best teams in the world in probably the hardest league in the world. No manager in the world can change that. Ok, he might not make subs we agree with or his tactics might not be to your liking, but fundamentally, nothing is going to change the fact we are going down.

So Stegosaurus would have changed the manager before the season started? Brilliant, let's dispense with the guy who got us here, not forgetting he couldn't bring anyone in, in January because the club was in an embargo, was that his fault too? Bearing in mind the points about selling our best players and not replacing them soon enough, which brilliant manager do you think could have done any better?
StegoPig says a lot of things, that claim, like most of its posts are bs.

Back
Top Bottom