Cheerio Hecky

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We havnt tried to compete this year, net spend is something like 5 million if you take into account Archer is basically a loan. Could have any manager and nothing will change. The prince didn't want to compete, take the money and rebuild next year that's the plan. Hecky stays. I know it's depressing that we all have to write off a whole season..but it's reality.

Rebuild for what? Promotion tilt and then throw the towel in again?

So, no manager in the world could do any better than Hecky? No manager would see we were dropping too deep? No manager would see we needed fresh legs and a tactical 10 minutes before they scored? No manager would work on us keeping possession?
Have you seen our bench? That’s not his fault. There’s no chance most of them would ever be put on unless five players dropped dead.

December is the big month need to get to next international break still in touch of 4th bottom.

ManU, Arsenal, Brighton & Wolves is a nightmare run of games for any club let alone a newly promoted, injury ravaged club stranded at the bottom. Hecky gets at least until Xmas for me.
We are down plain and simple Klopp or Pep couldn't get a tune out of this lot. It's painful and it's not getting any better anytime soon. It's like having a pet your really don't want to put down. We are poor and are down not a cat in hells chance we stay up

The pot less prince doesn’t have the bollocks to sack him. I’ve said for weeks he should’ve been sacked and replaced by Clement who’s now at Rangers. Pathetic that we’ve accepted relegation before the season. Fuck me even Luton have 5 points

100%.

This is on Hecky. Our players do not look fit enough to do more than 60 minutes at this level.

No more excuses.
I disagree. Thought we were good first half but no team can keep that tempo up. We were playing Man U for fucks sake. They might not be galacticos but we’d probably take their worst player and think he’s our best one. Their budget is ridiculous. Their squad is a different planet to anything we could ever hope to have if we stayed in the prem for ten years. We are what we are. Let’s not pretend we should be turning them over. We’ve beaten them before in my lifetime but the difference then even though we were paupers was a lot different to today.

Basically I’m a couple of pages in and cannot fathom how we think somehow your (not you personally but that seems to be the theme) day has been ruined by losing to an odd goal v Man fucking United. One of the biggest teams in world football.

I keep reading about how well he did last season. He took a team with the 4th biggest budget up from a league where 3 teams get promoted. So he out performed his budget just.
Hmmm maybe true but he didn’t get to choose how that budget was distributed. He didn’t create a team with a blank cheque that was the fourth biggest in the league. There were probably people he didn’t fancy or thought were okay that took up most of that budget, or who didn’t directly contribute (Brewster) but got a tune out of low cost players (Illie) and we weren’t exactly dominating championship transfer windows were we?

The only time we’ve ever done that was probably under Kendall and Robson.

I disagree. Thought we were good first half but no team can keep that tempo up. We were playing Man U for fucks sake. They might not be galacticos but we’d probably take their worst player and think he’s our best one. Their budget is ridiculous. Their squad is a different planet to anything we could ever hope to have if we stayed in the prem for ten years. We are what we are. Let’s not pretend we should be turning them over. We’ve beaten them before in my lifetime but the difference then even though we were paupers was a lot different to today.

Basically I’m a couple of pages in and cannot fathom how we think somehow your (not you personally but that seems to be the theme) day has been ruined by losing to an odd goal v Man fucking United. One of the biggest teams in world football.
They are one of the biggest teams in world football but they weren't very good tonight. Their keeper and defence looks nervy, they don't have a left back, their midfield is pedestrian and they don't have an experienced clinical central striker. Their captain is a true nobshank.
Mid table side for me with flashes of occasional individual quality.
We could and should have taken points off them tonight at home. They won't win many away games this season.
I agree with your points though. No divine right given how little our owner has invested in the team, but a very good opportunity to turn them over was missed.

Have you seen our bench? That’s not his fault. There’s no chance most of them would ever be put on unless five players dropped dead.
Whose fault is it then? Nearly 2 years of the injury list being double figures. Even the biggest Hecky supporter must concede he has fundamentally failed to address it, even if you believe his methods aren’t causing it. Remember when he was pushing the narrative that it was down to the training pitches? One year later, now what’s the excuse? Our conditioning also seems to be appalling, players are blowing after 60 minutes, although that could be down to us chasing the ball, because we treat possession like a de-pinned hand grenade.

And even with all that said, Would Slimane for Norwood (who was having a shocker) not worked? Why bring off our 2 goal scoring threats? Why continue with target man hoof when McBurnie went off? Why bring Osborn on when we conceded? We played cowards football AGAIN in that second half. We stopped pressing and retreated into own half and let Manure play walking football. If that instruction didn’t come from the manager then he should he been screaming for us to push up all half. He wasn’t.

We are down plain and simple Klopp or Pep couldn't get a tune out of this lot. It's painful and it's not getting any better anytime soon. It's like having a pet your really don't want to put down. We are poor and are down not a cat in hells chance we stay up
So, you’re basically saying a manager makes no odds then? Doesn’t matter who’s in charge? You truly believe if, in some alternate universe, Jurgen Klopp became our manager, he would continue to churn the abject performances we’re seeing? Someone should tell the top clubs to stop wasting millions on world class managers, might as well put Gary from the local in charge.

Of course a better manager would ‘get a tune out of these players’. We’re far better than we’re seeing. I find this current line ridiculous, that we might as well keep him because, of the thousands of professional football managers around the world, nobody could possibly do any better.

Respectfully disagree, of course these players can pass, they did under Wilder.
Hamer had great composure on the ball at Coventry, Archer was comfortable on the ball at Boro.

It's the instructions, they aren't being coached to stay calm and make short passes to feet, it was the same last season in the Championship
so keeping possession isn't something that's worked on in training. Think to be honest Hecky saw how Slav's possession game wasn't working
so he changed the style to being more direct with long passing from Norwood. In fairness it wasn't pretty but the pragmatic approach worked.

They might not be good enough for the PL but they are all supposedly top end Championship players, where players are comfortable on the ball.
When we get a new manager....you'll see the players are more confident and suddenly look much better players.
But these are pro footballers. I know there is a desire to blame someone when we are losing but he isn't teaching senior pros how to inaccurately pass and control the ball. Some of the crap that Bogle churned out was unacceptable because he's often so lacsidaisical in his approach. So blame the manager for picking the wrong team, being too direct etc but the players don't get a free pass for turning attack into defence so readily.

Whilst I feel your pain, the other options were a 10% fit fleck or one of the unknown children on the bench. Who would you have brought on?

I just can't believe we couldn't get better than fleck / Osborne or traore, we paid a few million for the last two.

That's on him.

I’d get rid after Arsenal so a new manager can have a fair crack at his first game. We could take Pep from City & still get battered next week

Historically I've always stuck up for our fans as a collective but I'm actually starting to question myself.

The comments in the toilet at half time, the idiot who stated on the way out that Wes is the main weak link, and more notably the numerous views on here and other social media tonight suggesting we should have done better, just beggars belief.

The only fans being annoyed tonight should be those entitled cunts we played who needed a full back to score a late winner from outside the box to save their multi billion pound club from drawing with a team some of their fans have labelled the worst PL team of all time.

The players available tonight for us shouldn't be on the same pitch in truth yet we matched them for 60 minutes and put a right shift in.

We did what many have (rightly) complained about not doing recently, competed.

If you really believe we under-achieved tonight and should have done better with what we have available, then just maybe you should have been in the BL Lower.
Just pin this to the top of every thread for a week. All that needs saying said brilliantly.

Can’t agree Tommo, thought we actually had the fight tonight. Didn’t think we did against West Ham and Fulham but tonight I thought we gave a good account of ourselves.
I agree last night, we did show fight, my comment was more a general comment at this season. The best 3 games I’ve seen us play this season are city, Man U and spurs when we up our game and show some fight. But for some reason he can’t get them to show the same level of fight in other games where we should be getting something.

Fulham, forest and potentially West Ham we should be looking for at least a point in each but we just roll over and give up

Reactions: RWE
You have evidence of this or is it just conjecture on your part?
The injury list is probably evidence enough, no? In all seriousness, "something" must have changed in the method of training. These are not impact injuries, there's a recurring theme. We went from a side who consistently put out the same team week in, week out, to being completely decimated.

I keep reading about how well he did last season. He took a team with the 4th biggest budget up from a league where 3 teams get promoted. So he out performed his budget just.
Hecky also had an exceptional get out of jail card (Ndiaye) which he can no longer rely on.

Hecky - Ndiaye = Mid table championship level.

Last edited:
The injury list is probably evidence enough, no? In all seriousness, "something" must have changed in the method of training. These are not impact injuries, there's a recurring theme. We went from a side who consistently put out the same team week in, week out, to being completely decimated.
That first year in the Prem, under Wilder, was a freak re: our injury record. We did remarkably well to not get anything too serious. (l forget, was JOC that season, is so, barring that ...)

This year it's the other extreme. Historically, we've been just as plagued as the next club, but as far as l can remember, this and that pre-covid season are the outliers.

Last edited:
I’d get rid tbh. His comments are delusional. Man Utd were there for the taking, but took the foot off the gas in the second half and let them have it.

Historically I've always stuck up for our fans as a collective but I'm actually starting to question myself.

The comments in the toilet at half time, the idiot who stated on the way out that Wes is the main weak link, and more notably the numerous views on here and other social media tonight suggesting we should have done better, just beggars belief.

The only fans being annoyed tonight should be those entitled cunts we played who needed a full back to score a late winner from outside the box to save their multi billion pound club from drawing with a team some of their fans have labelled the worst PL team of all time.

The players available tonight for us shouldn't be on the same pitch in truth yet we matched them for 60 minutes and put a right shift in.

We did what many have (rightly) complained about not doing recently, competed.

If you really believe we under-achieved tonight and should have done better with what we have available, then just maybe you should have been in the BL Lower.
Nailed

Hi Stegosaurus here

Just a reminder that if the board had listened to my advice months ago and sacked Hecky when I suggested, we wouldn't be in this mess and would likely have some points under our belt.

Im not saying we'd be flying high, but we'd be on par with Luton or Everton.

Still waiting for somehwere here to say, "you were right again, Steggo, me old chum, let me buy you a pint next time you're in The Shakey. And I'd love to hear your thoughts on how we can turn this season around."

That first year in the Prem, under Wilder, was a freak re: our injury record. We did remarkably well to not get anything too serious.

This year it's the other extreme. Historically, we've been just as plagued as the next club, but as far as l can remember, this and that pre-covid season are the outliers.

It's been a long long injury list for a lot longer than 'this year'. Basically it's been a major Achilles Heel of ours since PH took over. It seems to be a recurring theme for PH at all the club's he's managed. Clearly, it's not just coincidence.

Agree....however there is an alternative and that is to persuade someone to accept a contract until the end of the season.
Also that man would need to work with McCall and Lester. Obviously it's very unlikely anyone would work in those conditions.

However Wilder's stock has decreased and he'll never get an offer of a PL job anytime soon.
So he might just accept a low paid short term contract....obviously the Prince would offer a massive bonus if he keeps us up.

The idea would be when we acquire new owners. The situation would be more attractive as they could start afresh and bring in their own man.

I've mentioned it before, with Hecky we're 100% relegated and will finish on about 15 points.
With Wilder I'd say we're 80% relegated but will play with much more effort, desire to win and will finish on low 30's points
which probably won't be enough but at least we'll give it a go and go down fighting the Blades way.
Well said , totally agree 👍

Back
Top Bottom