Cheerio Hecky

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

One of my biggest criticisms of Heckingbottom was that his substitutions are basically shit.
I struggle too remember any positive substitutions he has made in all the time he's been here.
In fact the only thing that surprised me last night was he did not bring Fleck on.

I’m not sure I trust the board to bring the right manager in. That’s the only reason I’m swaying towards Wilder

One of my biggest criticisms of Heckingbottom was that his substitutions are basically shit.
I struggle too remember any positive substitutions he has made in all the time he's been here.
In fact the only thing that surprised me last night was he did not bring Fleck on.
Think Fleck injured himself squeezing a drinks bottle or he deffo would have come on.

Honestly, it might be worth sacking him/his staff just to see if it has any effect on fitness/injuries. It's got to be something more than bad luck at this point.

Honestly, it might be worth sacking him/his staff just to see if it has any effect on fitness/injuries. It's got to be something more than bad luck at this point.

The apparent inability to pass to our own players even remotely successfully appears to be due to the desire to get rid upfield ASAP.

Not an ecumenical matter but even Bishop Brennan could see it’s not working. Hecky needs a kick up the arse to be frank.

Question: As a fanbase, are we too levelheaded, too reasonable, too loyal to our club hierarchy and too accepting of our fate to sustain a modestly successful team in the Premier league. Professional football can be a stupidly crazy environment, where owners and fans expect and demand their teams to be much better than they realistically are…But the Prem clubs with the most loyal revered fanbases can also be the most toxic and if they want a regime change or simply want to replace the manager, they vent their frustrations.
I’m just fed up of the Blades being the Premier leagues “happy tourists” and the novelty act that comes to visit every so often, but doesn’t really belong there. It’s also very galling to see many clubs our size and smaller attract the necessary investment and make a good fist of it in the top flight.
I know we joke about car park protests, but do we need to be more demanding and more critical of our club’s decisions to try and drive it forward?

We all know Hecky is not the answer, but what is the point of bringing someone else in now? The problem is the squad.
The club should wait until the end of the season,bring in someone who would have no loyalties to the present personnel and have a good clear out.
Remember we should be in a good financial position compared to others in the Championship and the likes of Leicester ,Leeds and Southampton would be out.

Im swaying more to hecky out. Yesterday even against man utd was a good chance for points under the lights. We arent winning no games unfortunately

We all know Hecky is not the answer, but what is the point of bringing someone else in now? The problem is the squad.

I think the majority of us thought we would go down this season, particularly after the sale of Ndiaye. I don't think most of us think we would be this shit. That's the difference. I can agree with your viewpoint that you can't pin the quality of the squad on Hecky - player comings and going should have very little to do with him. What he gets out of the squad is on him, and he's not doing it, either through bizarre tactical decisions or questionable conditioning leaving us with weaker options to play with than you would otherwise hope.

I disagree. Thought we were good first half but no team can keep that tempo up. We were playing Man U for fucks sake. They might not be galacticos but we’d probably take their worst player and think he’s our best one. Their budget is ridiculous. Their squad is a different planet to anything we could ever hope to have if we stayed in the prem for ten years. We are what we are. Let’s not pretend we should be turning them over. We’ve beaten them before in my lifetime but the difference then even though we were paupers was a lot different to today.

Basically I’m a couple of pages in and cannot fathom how we think somehow your (not you personally but that seems to be the theme) day has been ruined by losing to an odd goal v Man fucking United. One of the biggest teams in world football.
I said before kick off that everyone on their bench would be a week in week out starter for us and vying for best player in our team. This is the reality of last night and even if we didn’t have all the injuries we do and had a full strength bench it would still have been true. Newcastle was an aberration and I think has coloured the outlook for many of us. I know we’re bottom with one point but if you take out that game we’ve been close to results against some of the biggest teams in this league. I don’t know who would come in and make us better. Wilder was fantastic for us but can he make this team better? I’m not sure really. At what point does Hecky’s position become untenable? Only the Prince can answer that.

You may be right but surely wilder has more respect for Hecky to watch from the stands if he knew he had a genuine chance of the job, that's a bit crappy to me and aren't hecky and wilder supposed to be mates?!
Last season, Rangers FC [2012] were going thru' a sticky patch under their Manager,
Gio van Bronckhurst.... sitting in the stands at what was GvB's final match in charge was
Michael Beale, who was 'just visiting' Ibrox.... GvB was sacked and who took his place?

The apparent inability to pass to our own players even remotely successfully appears to be due to the desire to get rid upfield ASAP.

Not an ecumenical matter but even Bishop Brennan could see it’s not working. Hecky needs a kick up the arse to be frank.
Exactly. All the excuses being rolled out, if retreating 25 yards for the last hour and not looking to keep possession wasn’t directly coming from the management, we should have seen him losing his shit on the sidelines. I don’t doubt we are bridging a heavy quality gap, but to suggest that the way we are playing and set up, isn’t the fault of the manager, is some impressive mental gymnastics.

Exactly. All the excuses being rolled out, if retreating 25 yards for the last hour and not looking to keep possession wasn’t directly coming from the management, we should have seen him losing his shit on the sidelines. I don’t doubt we are bridging a heavy quality gap, but to suggest that the way we are playing and set up, isn’t the fault of the manager, is some impressive mental gymnastics.
👏 👏 👏 👏

Sacking him isn't the answer for me.
We showed some good bits last night. Yeah Man Utd aren't what they once were, but they're still the biggest club in the world.

An already inferior squad to at least 18 teams in the division also has the following out/been out...

Egan
Anel
Basham
Lowe
Baldock
(That's pretty much the entire 1st choice back line)
RND
Osborn*
Fleck*
Davies
Jebbison
Brewster*

Any team with that number of first team players out injured would struggle. When you are already one of the worst squads in the division, your second string aren't going to be pulling up many trees.

Let's not forget some of the teams we've played...

Man City (champions)
Newcastle (CL team)
Man Utd (top 6)
Spurs (top of the league)

Of the games we have played, you could say we expected points against Palace, Everton and Forest.

We have Wolves, Bournemouth and Burnley coming up soon - we NEED points from them
More than that! We have 13 out injured as it stands.

Question: As a fanbase, are we too levelheaded, too reasonable, too loyal to our club hierarchy and too accepting of our fate to sustain a modestly successful team in the Premier league. Professional football can be a stupidly crazy environment, where owners and fans expect and demand their teams to be much better than they realistically are…But the Prem clubs with the most loyal revered fanbases can also be the most toxic and if they want a regime change or simply want to replace the manager, they vent their frustrations.
I’m just fed up of the Blades being the Premier leagues “happy tourists” and the novelty act that comes to visit every so often, but doesn’t really belong there. It’s also very galling to see many clubs our size and smaller attract the necessary investment and make a good fist of it in the top flight.
I know we joke about car park protests, but do we need to be more demanding and more critical of our club’s decisions to try and drive it forward?
When the owner is absent it would have zero effect apart from making it even harder for him to sell.

When the owner is absent it would have zero effect apart from making it even harder for him to sell.
To be fair he doesn’t need to be sat in the boardroom at BL in case someone calls round with suitcase full of cash.

Back
Top Bottom