Ched Evans

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

My least favourite Blade. I know it's all about opinions, but what does he actually do apart from run into blind alleys and deliver the infreqnent decent corner kick?

Set up quite a lot of goals actually! He has some very poor games though.

I was using one example for you. I would like to see the ProZone stats on him tonight.

Me too. I think they would show Evans had a positive impact on the game last night. He won a number of headers and his ball retention was good.

Still not convinced him and Henderson will ever work brilliantly as a pairing but I do think that Evans will prove his worth.

Why the hell have we wasted 3 million on this useless chuff? He's lazy, wins sod all in the air and doesn't make any runs. An absolute masterstroke from Blackwell.

People round me were slating Henderson. Yet the bloke has scored 2 despite having to do the work of 2 as the useless taff alongside him couldn't be arsed.

Yet more constructive posting!:thumbdown:

Have been hugely disappointed with Evans to date - appears a bit of a 'show pony' without the tricks
Possibly the pairing with Henderson is the problem However Blackwell has nailed his 'Tactics Colours' to the mast with his latest signing Cresswell- Not impressed at all!

Having initially been pleased when we signed Evans I have been very disappointed with his contribution so far. He rarely gets involved and last night I thought he was shocking - his work rate was poor and he gave the ball away on the few occasions he did get involved.

Personally dont think its Evans' fault, but rather the person who decides that the way to get the best out of our strikers is to make nearly every ball up to them a 50/50.

Another poster commented on Thierry Henry's record when he came to Arsenal, Im sorry but If Blackwell had signed him from Juve and played him with our tactics Im sure he wouldnt have blossomed into the player he did/has. Wonder what would happen if Evans was playing for Arsenal??

Some other posters were saying he's young with potential and will improve, I agree with all of that but Im not convinced he will at United, Blackwell doesnt have the skills to improve players, apart from in fitness and how far they can punt the ball.

Given that we are struggling with numbers and apparently the board dont appear to be giving Blackwell any more money to improve the squad, then Evans is unfortunately a luxury that we cant afford, but thats not his fault. Surely you either buy players that will work best in the system you want to play or you play a system to get the best out of the players you have??

Loughboro Blades sums this up really well. Evans has been a little disappointing but he should not be written off. As mentioned he has scored twice and set up 3 goals. He has not been given a decent run in the side due to KB playing 4-5-1 away from Home. Don't get me wrong I'm a little disappointed in him so far. Many were saying against Watford he looked great: good touch, eye for goal, strong (young Alan Shearer). Writing him off 10 games into the season (of which he has started 6) is just outright silly.

People are just looking for scape goats at the moment. One week it's Monty, the next it's Quinn, then it's Taylor, another week Bunn, the week after that Cotterill. Now it's Evans' turn.

Let me propose something to you all. If we hadn't given away so many silly goals then not many people would be complaining. Yes Evans form has been disappointing. But if individuals had done their jobs and we'd not conceded goals then no one would actually given a fuck. If Monty and Taylor hadn't have made a mistake for Covenrty's second and Walker/Taylor defended badly for the 3rd then we'd have probably won the game. Same as for Bunn letting in a poor effor against Swansea (and Monty giving away a pen). Ipswich on Tuesday night if Quinn hadn't dove in the game might have been different.

My point is that (as I have stated time and time again on many different posts) that we would have taken much more than 4 points form the last 4 games if we had not made stupid, stupid mistakes. We could easily have been sitting up there with Newcastle and West Brom. If we had would anyone be calling Evans a useless taff? Of course not. But we are not up there with the relegated teams. We've conceded a bucket full of goals and looked poor. Hence people get frustrated and start venting their anger. So Evans get's it in the neck. I'm not saying fans shouldn't be angry, I am, just merley putting things into perspective.

I personally think he'll come good. And then what will happen when he scores but we lose. It will be Hendersons fault. Big donkey couldn't hit a barn door!? :rolleyes:

Loughboro Blades sums this up really well. Evans has been a little disappointing but he should not be written off. As mentioned he has scored twice and set up 3 goals. He has not been given a decent run in the side due to KB playing 4-5-1 away from Home. Don't get me wrong I'm a little disappointed in him so far. Many were saying against Watford he looked great: good touch, eye for goal, strong (young Alan Shearer). Writing him off 10 games into the season (of which he has started 6) is just outright silly.

People are just looking for scape goats at the moment. One week it's Monty, the next it's Quinn, then it's Taylor, another week Bunn, the week after that Cotterill. Now it's Evans' turn.

Let me propose something to you all. If we hadn't given away so many silly goals then not many people would be complaining. Yes Evans form has been disappointing. But if individuals had done their jobs and we'd not conceded goals then no one would actually given a fuck. If Monty and Stewart hadn't have made a mistake for Covenrty's second and Walker/Taylor defended badly for the 3rd then we'd have probably won the game. Same as for Bunn letting in a poor effor against Swansea (and Monty giving away a pen). Ipswich on Tuesday night if Quinn hadn't dove in the game might have been different.

My point is that (as I have stated time and time again on many different posts) that we would have taken much more than 4 points form the last 4 games if we had not made stupid, stupid mistakes. We could easily have been sitting up there with Newcastle and West Brom. If we had would anyone be calling Evans a useless taff? Of course not. But we are not up there with the relegated teams. We've conceded a bucket full of goals and looked poor. Hence people get frustrated and start venting their anger. So Evans get's it in the neck. I'm not saying fans shouldn't be angry, I am, just merley putting things into perspective.

I personally think he'll come good. And then what will happen when he scores but we lose. It will be Hendersons fault. Big donkey couldn't hit a barn door!? :rolleyes:

Stewart wasn't on the pitch until late substitute on in the 2nd half I think you maybe mistaking him for Ryan France (IMHO worthy of the being called crap)

You're right Gandi, it was supposed to say Taylor. I've edited it now.

Let me propose something to you all. If we hadn't given away so many silly goals then not many people would be complaining. Yes Evans form has been disappointing. But if individuals had done their jobs and we'd not conceded goals then no one would actually given a fuck. If Monty and Taylor hadn't have made a mistake for Covenrty's second and Walker/Taylor defended badly for the 3rd then we'd have probably won the game. Same as for Bunn letting in a poor effor against Swansea (and Monty giving away a pen). Ipswich on Tuesday night if Quinn hadn't dove in the game might have been different.

A fair post, but 3 players week in week out are consistantly shit. One still the fans favourite....

Ched isn't what I thought he would be, I'm disappointed.

rather have carl veart!!!!!! the lads poor, mite come good-bleeding hope so for 3mill!!

did sod all again today. so little that lumpwell took his star signing off

Said it before and I'll say it again...he's another Neil Mellor/Lee Martin...vastly over rated as he was at a big club. Daylight robbery if he really cost £3m as he's just an average championship player...no more no less

Ched isn't what I thought he would be, I'm disappointed.

I agree.

He plays far too deep to be effective. He isn't getting the service but then often, he isn't in the position to get service.

I could almost accept his lack of effort if he was clinical in front of goal. he had a chance early on that left the corner flag in danger. also scuffed a chance wide in the 2nd half when getting a shot on target should have been his 1st thought

He plays far too deep to be effective. He isn't getting the service but then often, he isn't in the position to get service.

Spy'd Blackwell a number of times shouting at Ched to get forward, encouraging him to play off Hendo/the wingers rather than dropping deep.

He just seems to amble about too deep at the moment.

We need to work on him being cleverer in and around Hendo, so many times Hendo wins the ball or takes a defender out of the game creating a potential chance and there is no one to take advantage.

Spy'd Blackwell a number of times shouting at Ched to get forward, encouraging him to play off Hendo/the wingers rather than dropping deep.

Yeah... meant to say that.

KB was gobbing at him a lot to get forward and stay there. Evans was ignoring him.

I think that about sums up all that's wrong with United at the minute.

i cant blame him one bit for playing so deep, ok perhaps he shouldnt be where he is but if he never gets the ball then he wants the ball, and then once hes got the ball and played it off then hes out off position to make the forward runs. But i do agree he has been one hell of a disapointment, and concidering our front line at the moment cost us £5 million and they arent making a contribution to every game is a joke!!!

UTB

Why the hell have we wasted 3 million on this useless chuff? He's lazy, wins sod all in the air and doesn't make any runs. An absolute masterstroke from Blackwell.

People round me were slating Henderson. Yet the bloke has scored 2 despite having to do the work of 2 as the useless taff alongside him couldn't be arsed.
He's not useless, just the latest in a line line of proper footballers at the lane that have a bit of skill and can play the game but will end up leaving without us seeing the best of them due to the way we play. Evans will follow Hendrie, Carney and soon to be Harper too.

Blackwell - either get them playing like they did in the play-off semi against Preston or go, I'm not bothered which.

TB.

He's not useless, just the latest in a line line of proper footballers at the lane that have a bit of skill and can play the game but will end up leaving without us seeing the best of them due to the way we play. Evans will follow Hendrie, Carney and soon to be Harper too.

Blackwell - either get them playing like they did in the play-off semi against Preston or go, I'm not bothered which.

TB.

you may have a point, but the first box any player should tick is work rate. For me, Evans's is piss poor. He isn't pacey enough to pick up the scraps from Henderson so should at least be getting into the mix. So far, he's showed nothing. For £5M (or whatever), we've got an awful strike partnership right now.

Let's not let Carney get away with the tactics as an excuse. Far too lightweight for the championship, as evidenced by the distinct lack of English clubs in the queue for him. And on that note, Hendrie was responsible for fucking up every chance he had.

UTB

i cant blame him one bit for playing so deep, ok perhaps he shouldnt be where he is....

If Blackwell is yelling at him to get forward and he isn't then yes, he should get grief for playing deep. The players should be playing where the manager wants them to play, not where they fancy.

As I said earlier in the week Blackwell has lost the dressing room they are doing as they please!

He is playing more like a block of cheese at the moment.

Dennis Berkamp didn't score in his opening 7 premiership games for Arsenal. He went on to become one of the best players to grace the premiership. So there is still hope for Ched to come good yet!!?? :)

Back
Top Bottom