Ched Evans

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
Why the hell have we wasted 3 million on this useless chuff? He's lazy, wins sod all in the air and doesn't make any runs. An absolute masterstroke from Blackwell.

People round me were slating Henderson. Yet the bloke has scored 2 despite having to do the work of 2 as the useless taff alongside him couldn't be arsed.

Henderson was excellent tonight and Evans poor.

But 'useless taff'? Christ almighty.

Why the hell have we wasted 3 million on this useless chuff? He's lazy, wins sod all in the air and doesn't make any runs. An absolute masterstroke from Blackwell.

People round me were slating Henderson. Yet the bloke has scored 2 despite having to do the work of 2 as the useless taff alongside him couldn't be arsed.

Wasn't it Evans challenging Wright that set up the first goal? I'm pretty sure he won that in the air for Henderson. And also set up Quinn for a good shot in the first half with a nice run and flick on with the head.

welsh and useless. simples.

could also label cotterill with the same tag

Wasn't it Evans challenging Wright that set up the first goal? I'm pretty sure he won that in the air for Henderson. And also set up Quinn for a good shot in the first half with a nice run and flick on with the head.

and what else has he done to contribute towards his 3 million tag?

The problem is, he cost money.

This means he's instantly a waste of money and a leech on the club.

Unless he reaches a strike rate of 2 goals per game, he'll always been seen as such.

Whilst he's pulled up no trees and looks like he needs to put more effort in, like Mousey points out, he has contributed.

James Beattie got exactly the same if he wasn't scoring every few minutes, he was instantly "lazy"... despite the fact in Beatties case he did actually put work in all over the pitch.

He's a young lad, new to the club, who naturally looks and sounds lethargic.... It's far to early to bomb him out of the club.

Unless he reaches a strike rate of 2 goals per game, he'll always been seen as such.

Whilst he's pulled up no trees and looks like he needs to put more effort in, like Mousey points out, he has contributed.

James Beattie got exactly the same if he wasn't scoring every few minutes, he was instantly "lazy"... despite the fact in Beatties case he did actually put work in all over the pitch.

He's a young lad, new to the club, who naturally looks and sounds lethargic.... It's far to early to bomb him out of the club.

Sadly he'll be virtually impossible to get out of the club, bombing or otherwise.
Who on earth is going to take him?

WOW!!

If you're happy with his contribution then you are very easily pleased.

Well he's doing better than Thierry Henry did when he joined Arsenal and that worked out pretty well.

Yes I would like him to score more but he has only just joined us.

And as for calling him a 'useless Taff', I really would like to see yourself do any better. Or even be worthy of licking his boots.

i appreciate he is new and has a price tag on his head. but watch him during the game, he tosses it off on the halfway line and just watches the game going on around him. henderson works his nuts off and then people wonder why he looks slow in the last 20!

WOW!!

If you're happy with his contribution then you are very easily pleased.

And if you're writing him off as a 'useless taff' after the same contribution, then you're ridiculously hard to please.

No?

Well he's doing better than Thierry Henry did when he joined Arsenal and that worked out pretty well.

Yes I would like him to score more but he has only just joined us.

And as for calling him a 'useless Taff', I really would like to see yourself do any better. Or even be worthy of licking his boots.

i'd quite happily lick his boots, he hasn't got them dirty yet.

and comparing thierry henry with evans is like comparing skol with a fine champagne

And if you're writing him off as a 'useless taff' after the same contribution, then you're ridiculously hard to please.

No?

is it too much to ask to expect a player to put in a hrad working performance? no it isn't

is it too much to ask to expect a player to put in a hrad working performance? no it isn't

Maybe not, but you still called him a 'useless taff'. Which he clearly isn't.

Say he's lazy, fair enough.... but lord, I can't get over the phrase 'useless taff'. And I'm not even friggin Welsh.

i'd quite happily lick his boots, he hasn't got them dirty yet.

and comparing thierry henry with evans is like comparing skol with a fine champagne

I was hardly comparing them, more showing an example of how strikers can come good.

Evans shows signs of having a good touch, an eye for goal and has a good shot on him. How about giving him chance to get fully settled in and reach his potential?

I was hardly comparing them, more showing an example of how strikers can come good.

Evans shows signs of having a good touch, an eye for goal and has a good shot on him. How about giving him chance to get fully settled in and reach his potential?

how about whilst trying to settle in he also puts himself about a bit too? not too much to ask

how about whilst trying to settle in he also puts himself about a bit too? not too much to ask

So jumping into a 'keeper (who jumps with his knee at face height) to win the ball for us to score from is not putting himself about in your eyes?

It's encouraging to see that we've already managed to write off Ched Evans barely two months into the season, a player that has come here with a load of pressure on him to succeed, who has shown promise at Premiership, Championship, and International level (both for the U21s and senior side for Wales), and is still 20 years of age.

He hasn't had a pre-season, hasn't had a consistent run as a result of the 4-5-1 formation we seem to use (rightly or wrongly) every other game, and already we've given up. To compare him to Beattie, a player that had about 10 years worth of experience by the time he came here, is a bit ridiculous. Yes, we've paid a lot of money for him, but he is at an age where he will improve (given the chance) - that £3 million (or more accurately, £1.5 million currently) we've invested in him is just that, an investment. Give the guy a chance, and I've every confidence he'll deliver.

So jumping into a 'keeper (who jumps with his knee at face height) to win the ball for us to score from is not putting himself about in your eyes?

1 challenge in 90 minutes then? it also looked like a blatant foul from where i was sat.

1 challenge in 90 minutes then? it also looked like a blatant foul from where i was sat.

I was using one example for you. I would like to see the ProZone stats on him tonight.

Watching it back now it was Evans' shot that set up Hendo (who jumped fairly with Wright).

no i'm not. Yes it didn't work out for Sharp but at least he always gave 100% The majority of fans will accept a player if he is giving his all.

He gave 100% but didn't score so you are happy with that... But Evans is a 'useless Taff' for not working hard but scoring 2 and setting 3 up in 6 starts and you aren't happy with that??

"JCB for Stafford"

He gave 100% but didn't score so you are happy with that... But Evans is a 'useless Taff' for not working hard but scoring 2 and setting 3 up in 6 starts and you aren't happy with that??

"JCB for Stafford"

sharp has still scored more than evans :thumbup:

in many games last year sharp did most of beattie's donkey work and henderson is doing the same for evans.

i agree with stafford on this.. sharp only played his proper position once against qpr and responded with a hat trick.. and was promptly dropped for the undroppable beattie (performance money)

2 goals and 3 assists in 6 starts.

To be fair, one of those assists was a mi-hit shot :D

Whilst I haven't written him off I must admit Evans has been poor so far. At least when Henderson has a bad game he still worries defenders and causes mischief, Evans just goes missing. And that chance he fluffed just before Ipswich got their third, dear me! "Eye for goal" isn't a phrase than springs readily to mind when talking about Evans tbh.

Back
Top Bottom