Ched Evans [Confirmed]

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Yeah, agreed, much better. Unfortunately there are a significant number of men incorrectly accused of rape every single weekend around the UK.

Seems Nesh Blade would like to see them all convicted on that basis alone 🤷🏻‍♂️
Have a read of this article and the links attached and you'll see that false accusations of rape are low and on par with instances of other crimes: https://theconversation.com/heres-the-truth-about-false-accusations-of-sexual-violence-88049
Misrepresenting and making leaps from what I've said shows exactly why threads like this become unproductive very fast.

Have a read of this article and the links attached and you'll see that false accusations of rape are low and on par with instances of other crimes: https://theconversation.com/heres-the-truth-about-false-accusations-of-sexual-violence-88049
Misrepresenting and making leaps from what I've said shows exactly why threads like this become unproductive very fast.

That article is based purely on crime figures, many Saturday and Sunday morning allegations are never recorded or classified in a way that can be immediately researched.

It was your ‘Rape is rape’ statement that I take exception to.

Ched Evans served his time, suffered the condemnation of many and had his whole life scrutinised by all aspects of the media and still argued his innocence. Three appeal court judges agreed his conviction should be revisited. He was subsequently cleared of rape in a second Crown Court trial.

So in this case ‘Rape is consensual sexual intercourse’

We’ve now got to go to MK Dons tomorrow without ched and will that affect our performance ?

Sorry blades but I’m predicting a 1 0 defeat now and it would really piss me off if that smug Alan smith scored the goal. A late pig winner could turn the promotion race on its head.

Don’t want to be all doom and gloom but I fear the worst now

What we need is a thread that links Ched, BLM, covid19 and Brexit.

It's what this forum has been missing all along
No, what we need is for Ched to sign for Wednesday then we can all take the opposite view to the one we’ve held since the start and have the same arguments but in reverse.

The year is 2037: Chris Wilder has announced his retirement after winning his fifth champions League in a row, with a 48 year old Chris Basham getting the winner.

The next generation of blades, who have never even seen Ched Evans play for Sheffield United, continue to argue on online forums about his court case, and whether he could still do a job for the United. With a full pre season, of course.

But didn't Keir Starmer say when he worked for the crown there wasn't enough evidence to take Jimmy Saville to court? This is the leader of the opposition, a man who lives in Knightsbridge but is a commie? What is easy is when you got money...……………………...wanker!

Careful, careful, careful. Who is to decide what is acceptable and what isn't? My mother was ashamed of me because I was 'living in sin'. I'm not pointing the finger but a bet a few others on here do too :)
A professional footballer, involved in this situation, has a moral obligation to avoid getting involved. They are role models for aspiring young athletes, so they should behave accordingly.
Your situation is quite different.

My point is, 'who is qualified to say what is and what isn't acceptable?'
My opening gambit is, if it isn't illegal it's acceptable, I may not approve but I'm not in a position to say other people shouldn't participate. And the case in question if it hadn't been for a missing handbag this scenario wouldn't have come to light so is nobody allowed to do things which are legal and mutually satisfying in case it becomes public knowledge?

A professional footballer, involved in this situation, has a moral obligation to avoid getting involved. They are role models for aspiring young athletes, so they should behave accordingly.
Your situation is quite different.

He’s a footballer, not the Bishop of Durham.

Sounds like another strong performance:

That’s just closing down and work rate. Shows his attitude and fitness must be good. Suspect he‘s still more than a decent player at league 1 level.

It seems weird that 3 big Lane favourites (Ched, Coutts and Duffy) are all playing together for another team.
If we ever drew Fleetwood in the cup....if fans were allowed back I’d expect a weird situation where our fans give the opposition a great reception.

That’s just closing down and work rate. He’s still obviously a decent player at league 1 level.

It seems weird that 3 big Lane favourites (Ched, Coutts and Duffy) are all playing for another team.
If we ever drew Fleetwood in the cup if fans were allowed back I’d expect a weird situation where our fans give the opposition a great reception.

After giving Everton a lesson tonight there will be plenty who think Ched could be the answer to a few questions.

oh for f***s sake not another resurrected Ched thread.

how very 2020

Even though it's at Fletwood, it's good to see Ched playing regular football again without getting abuse. He's getting on a bit, but a bigger club may feel encouraged to take a punt. His name isn't toxic any more.

oh for f***s sake not another resurrected Ched thread.

how very 2020

If anything it reminds us that things used to be even more toxic and that we have moved onto something else :)

Back
Top Bottom