CONFIRMED Che Adams

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I remember reading that Liverpool line up that particular time - mostly youth team players - hope we can return them the favour one day

Are we forgetting that Manc' United did the same thing against the spammers when we were relegated from the Prem' - and Ferguson apologised to Warnock for fielding a weakened team (allegedly).

None of this is helping, I feel confused and unhappy, say it ain't so Joe.....

Huddersfield completely different to us 10 yrs. Because they had a dead rubber & want to rest the players for as i put somewhere else physically & mentally gruelling 3 games & blackburn should look at themselves took them til 24th sept to get a proper victory by then they were only few pts above rotherham. Any of fans of those 3 clubs are deluded if roles reversed they wouldnt do exactly the same

Feel sorry for che because they were 5th before the clueless owners self destructed on december & for reasons nobody knows replaced rowett who was doing 1 of best jobs in football league for Zola who im kind to when i say he was absoulte disaster as rotherham fan on RS said say they were shocked & outplayed you know they are bad. Slid into relegation battle

Just seen Kev looking at a brand new Phaeton.

He was eating a swan stuffed with foie gras, wearing one of those baseball caps with plastic straws and two bottles if Louis Roederer strapped to it. Told the accounts department on the phone to put the expense down to a new fax machine and started laughing......

Are the same people that laughed at me for saying we should've held out for £5m for him now surprised that Birmingham are rejecting £5m bids?

We've too many fans stuck in the past

Are the same people that laughed at me for saying we should've held out for £5m for him now surprised that Birmingham are rejecting £5m bids?

He was a young league 1 player when we sold him, he's a young championship player now with a good season in the Championship behind him, I don't entirely disagree but I think it is likely to have an impact on his price tag.

No one would have paid five million then. No one even topped their bid by a hundred grand. If you are saying he'd have developed at the same rate with us to be worth that then that's a different matter really. However the manager didn't want him.....

This should clearly show how the value of a young player or established player instantly rockets when you are a Championship club.

Every player at our club from 1st year Pros to established first team players have seen their value increase with the success of the first team. This is how football is.

Che kind of showed what he's about.
We bought his from a non league club and game him a decent but modest wage.
He quickly impressed and there were rumours that PL clubs were sniffing around.
Many Blades said we have no ambition and would sell him for 1 million
We resisted selling him and gave him a massive pay rise to show our ambition.
However as soon as he'd earnt a big contract his desire and form went downhill
And eventually he was so poor that he couldnt get a place in our team and was mainly sub.
There were rumours that he was more interested in fame and fortune than playing football.
United surprisingly received a big bid from Birmimgham and at the time seemed a no brainer sell.

If we'd have kept him where would he be now?
He may have gone down hill and had a similar career to De Gerolamo.
With Che in the side would we have been promoted last season? Possibly not because he's not a Wilder type
Also we wouldn't have had the funds to bring in better players.

So if we'd have kept Che we could easily still be in league 1 and I reckon if we sold him now we'd get 1 million for him. It's rare anybody would ever offer 5 million for a league 1 player.

I guess they still would be? If we'd had not sold for £1m we'd have ended up with a lot less as time went on.

This should clearly show how the value of a young player or established player instantly rockets when you are a Championship club.

Every player at our club from 1st year Pros to established first team players have seen their value increase with the success of the first team. This is how football is.

True, player valuations have gone to pot in recent months and there's no longer a true valuation.
The valuation changes dependant on the divisions the selling club and buying club are in.

If Che was at the standard he's playing at now, but playing in league 2, he's worth £500K
If Che plays for a league 1 club he's worth £1 million
If he's played OK and had games in the Championship he's worth £5 million and
If Che moved to a PL and managed to cope his valuation would quickly increase to £15 million.

If Paris St Germain wanted Che and offered £20 million Birmingham would likely turn it down.
So then PSG offer £50 million and the bid is accepted. It would be one of the biggest transfers in English history but it doesn't mean Che is one of the best players in England.

Last edited:
No one would have paid five million then. No one even topped their bid by a hundred grand. If you are saying he'd have developed at the same rate with us to be worth that then that's a different matter really. However the manager didn't want him.....
I understand that the valuations are not linear and that he was a young league one player at the time. The manager chose to sell him and reinvested the funds well. My argument as I said at the time is that he would be worth a lot more. However some were happy to sell him to the lowest bidder because he has big ears and they didn't like that he hung around with Harrison McGahey and rode a Segway.

I understand that the valuations are not linear and that he was a young league one player at the time. The manager chose to sell him and reinvested the funds well. My argument as I said at the time is that he would be worth a lot more. However some were happy to sell him to the lowest bidder because he has big ears and they didn't like that he hung around with Harrison McGahey and rode a Segway.

That last bit certainly has a ring of truth about it Luke, but it wasn't the lowest bidder. It was the only bid.

That last bit certainly has a ring of truth about it Luke, but it wasn't the lowest bidder. It was the only bid.
Fair enough. Just seems a shame we didn't get as much as other clubs for players with similar (or even less) potential. At least we got Moore and co with the funds though. That made a nice change

Back
Top Bottom