CONFIRMED Che Adams

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

By this way of thinking Steve Bruce would be a Blades hero. When in fact he jumped ship to further his career with an cushier job.

Managers are just employees and managers are often required to sell players. I doubt Wilder was forced to sell in this instance but if that was the instruction and money needed raising so be it. It doesn't have to be an underhand conspiracy by the board.

We have been lied to and misled by our Board for years and they have presided over a policy of selling our best talent ( often for cut-price fees ) and replacing with poorer quality, whilst at the same time making diabolical decisions regarding managerial appointments.

We have witnessed many opportunities where a little extra investment in (true) quality and consistency on the pitch would have allowed us to escape our self-imposed exile in this Division and because of this naïve and incompetent running of the Club we are condemned to a sixth season in the lower league wilderness.

All this, despite the fact that we have enjoyed crowds that some Premiership Clubs would love to have.

I'm not suggesting an "underhand conspiracy" at all ......... simply stupidity, incompetence and a massive ( sorry guys!! ) lack of ambition from the Board.

Put simply, for the majority of the time I believe that our Board haven't got a clue what they're doing !! :(

UTB & FTP

His massive club comments are daft. They averaged several thousand less than us last season despite being a division higher. But I suppose it's the sort of comment many new signings make.

We sound more and more like them when we wank on about attendances. Birmingham have done far more than we have in recent years. As a stepping stone Che has moved forward to a club that has more going for it than we an give him.

We need to stop looking at attendances and start looking at league tables.

Not a go at you directly Deano because you're ultimately right, he would say massive club wouldn't he? Wants his new employer inside.

some things baffle me
earlier Gary Rowett utterly denied Che Evans was anywhere near Birmingham
it was all lies ,,then
http://www.bcfc.com/news/article/2016-17/official-che-adams-joins-blues-3234399.aspx
heres a picture of him signing in St Andrews

so we had burys manager calling us a joke bidder then selling him to us
now brums manager calling us liars , then hey presto hes actually there

whatever happened to integrity

some things baffle me
it was all lies ,,then
http://www.bcfc.com/news/article/2016-17/official-che-adams-joins-blues-3234399.aspx

Che Evans? He's been genetically engineered to send forums into meltdown...

Personally I’m not overly bothered about Adams leaving. As with anyone, if they don’t want to stay & are not being forced out the door then their heart’s not in it for me.
I know it’s a different era but we’ve had players in the past turn down moves to stay here (& not just so as they can toss it off for a fat wage either).
Adams has potential, but that’s all it is at the moment. He obviously doesn’t want to or think that he can realise it here & I’m sure he’ll not starve anytime soon on what Birmingham are going to pay him.
As for a replacement, I can’t name any names as I’m pretty useless with knowing who’s who outside of our own squad. Only Wilder & the board know what agreement has been set between them regarding the raising & spending of funds whatever we all speculate on here. I just hope Wilder has the balls to drive a hard bargain with them & they understand that he knows better than they do what we need, that is the whole point of having a team manager after all.
As has been said on here many times, how we miss a Dooley type figure (sorry Dad) as a buffer between board & team manager.

A good measure of Che Adams 'potential' can be gauged by the fact that Birmingham were the only real suitor.I think our deliberation to conclude the deal more quickly was in the hope that at around £2m there would be a lot more interest,the fact that there wasn't speaks volumes.To be honest to get this sort of fee with only one club chasing him is staggering !!

You could have the answer there you know ;)

And I believe that Tufty may have the balls to do it ........

If the board do their usual trick and offer him about £200k to spend ...... it would be great if Tufty went toe-to-toe with them and said; "either I get all the transfer proceeds or I resign, and I will tell the supporters the truth why ".

That would put the cat among the pigeons, so to speak and would make a refreshing change from that bloody bottle-less scouser Adams with the bullshit all last season .......... o_O

UTB & FTP

And we'd be looking for yet another manager.

we're playing hardball with the bastards now and they don't like it up 'em Captain Mainwaring ;)

some things baffle me
it was all lies ,,then

Extraordinary news! Evans now signs for Birmingham!

Could be that Rowett was economical with the truth, or simply playing games for reasons he didn't care to share. Does it really matter? The deal is done, we've pocketed money that, hopefully, will be reinvested to strengthen the team. We move forward. UTB

Anybody know the size of the sell-on clause that Wilder has alluded to in this deal? Anything below 20% would be poor business.

If I was a Birmingham fan I'd be gutted that we'd spent just about our entire budget on a player who was average in L1 last season.

I'd also be concerned that we only had to pay about £1.7m in today's market for a young English player there's plenty of hype around... it suggests he's not actually that good.
If we were Birmingham fans, we'd be throwing shit around our cages.

There had better be a decent sell on fee. It's bad enough to sell your good young players, but it's a crime to not ensure they make you money down the line, if they make it big. Look at Stones/Barnsley.

Our moranic board has not done this enough in the past.

They also had better use this money - the squad is clearly lacking - and if we dont use it, then it essentially makes the sale pointless at this moment in time (bar going on "running the club" which may yet be peddled by the board).

As for Che - I am sad he has gone - he is a match winner - and we have....er ...none of them now (bar maybe Sharp - but he needs somebody to pass him the ball). And it's just more of the same - sell your best player each summer, dont get promoted the following season...and the cycle goes on.

Anybody know the size of the sell-on clause that Wilder has alluded to in this deal? Anything below 20% would be poor business.

Nothing like the one Barnsley added to the John Stones to Everton deal.

After his sale to MCFC today, they're due something between £7m + £9m.

Barnsley to challenge for a top two?

Nothing like the one Barnsley added to the John Stones to Everton deal.

After his sale to MCFC today, they're due something between £7m + £9m.

Barnsley to challenge for a top two?
Didn't even know that. I spend one bloody day doing proper work instead of sitting on my arse with a computer listening to TalkShite and miss all the earth shattering occurrences.
Compared to the parachute payments it's still fuck all but if they spend it wisely it should guarantee safety and give them a shot at the upper third of the table. Hopefully they'll finish above their near neighbours.

Birmingham getting relegated would be one of the biggest self inflicted wounds ever seen.

The Zola appointment was like just. Wow!

Looks like Birmingham play better without buggalugs ( Adams ).
They are leading 1 - 0 with ten men.

Doesn't help that Hudders have made 10 changes.

Back
Top Bottom