CONFIRMED Che Adams

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Agree. Think we're close to getting a good mix. Keeping the current options and adding a target man and maybe a quick wide man on loan from the Premiership would make us look very strong.

I would really like us to try and get Keshi Anderson on loan from Crystal Palace

Ah the easily replaceable Che Adams. He'll go down in history alongside easily replaceable, inconsistent Jamie Murphy and easily replaceable, slow Harry Maguire.

Blades fans.

They never learn.

He's on nowhere near Murphy or Maguire's level. Don't tell me you think he is?

Just because we've fucked up selling players in the past doesn't mean selling players is never the right thing to do. Failing to replace players in the past doesn't even mean we'll fail to replace the next one we sell. Especially as we've now got a manager the board can justifiably trust.

Don't agree, Adams is the one player we have who could really make it. If Wilder gets him to knuckle down he could get 20 goals this season. I can see him moving on and being worth a fortune in 12 months time just like Andre Gray and Dwight Gayle who both went from non league to £10m players in a few years.

I'd much rather sell DCL who has a lot to prove and wasn't even a regular for Wilder in a division lower last season.

If I had a choice then I think it would be better to keep Adams imo. I just think he has a little more to offer than DCL at this moment in time, although we know that may change in due course

I also think with a clear run in the side and Wilder behind him, Che is capable of beating last seasons tally. He missed a few games last season through injury and disciplinary issues, so hoping for a clear run next season.

Alas tho, I fear he's on his bike sooner rather than later

If I had a choice then I think it would be better to keep Adams imo. I just think he has a little more to offer than DCL at this moment in time, although we know that may change in due course

I also think with a clear run in the side and Wilder behind him, Che is capable of beating last seasons tally. He missed a few games last season through injury and disciplinary issues, so hoping for a clear run next season.

Alas tho, I fear he's on his bike sooner rather than later

Do you think Adams is worthy or and/or will get a clear run in the side B58 with the signing of a target man (& naturally better fit with Sharp) looming. Adams certainly isn't a left sided midfielder (the only other clear gap in the side unless he can play CB ir in goal!) so realistically I think the best he can hope initially for is a role as an impact sub.

That said, I too would prefer DCL to be sacrificed ahead of him if the club needs to raise funds as I would imagine that he'll be even further down the pecking order than Adams and the focus for this season unfortunately has to be promotion over the long term development of youngsters. If either's sale allows some/all of a LM, another CB, a LM and, in my opinion the most important gap of all, GK to be recruited then I'd be in favour of it.

Simple thing is, no one knows if Che will be decent or not. He could go either way.

CW will want his team to play to a very tight system. Press high and everyone switched on and knowing their jobs like we’ve not seen since Bassett and Warnock days. Seeing training already would tell you that Che’s mind ‘wonders’ and he gives the ball away a lot. Will he ever fully ‘get it’? Ask most who know him best and they say ‘not sure’. Will he start the first game even if he’s here? I think he’ll be on the bench if Clarke comes.

To get us out of this league I’d go with Clarke and Billy up front. Che would be great to have in the squad if we decide to keep him. Not sure CW will.

Not surprised Newcastle are interested after his mom performance in Morgan's testimonial. It'd be just the sort of thing the Blades do to sell our most promising player for peanuts, and then sign an ageing journeyman on big wages to replace him. That being said, If we got five million and a 20% sell on clause he'd go with my blessing.

Not surprised Newcastle are interested after his mom performance in Morgan's testimonial. It'd be just the sort of thing the Blades do to sell our most promising player for peanuts, and then sign an ageing journeyman on big wages to replace him. That being said, If we got five million and a 20% sell on clause he'd go with my blessing.

But that ageing journeyman is a better striker than him and a better partner for Sharp, so would be a short term improvement - and we just need to get out of this league ASAP. I don't think Clarke's wages would be that big either. And £5m is absurd for Adams, even in this market.

It probably wouldn't be a case of only signing one player to replace him either, yes one would be the most direct replacement (the striker) but we could also sign a left winger or a different, quicker type of forward who can play out wide like Adams could before he put weight on. We need a quick winger anyway but two new signings in those positions could both be seen as his replacement.
We could also improve other areas of the team, possibly picking up another one or two longer term assets.

But that ageing journeyman is a better striker than him and a better partner for Sharp, so would be a short term improvement - and we just need to get out of this league ASAP. I don't think Clarke's wages would be that big either. And £5m is absurd for Adams, even in this market.

It probably wouldn't be a case of only signing one player to replace him either, yes one would be the most direct replacement (the striker) but we could also sign a left winger or a different, quicker type of forward who can play out wide like Adams could before he put weight on. We need a quick winger anyway but two new signings in those positions could both be seen as his replacement.
We could also improve other areas of the team, possibly picking up another one or two longer term assets.
we could and if we were run properly we would. but we never do. we'll spend the money on a bunch of old crocks looking for a payday

we could and if we were run properly we would. but we never do. we'll spend the money on a bunch of old crocks looking for a payday

Not under the new management.

Every chance we'll spend nothing at all though. But hopefully that's less likely than previously.

I wouldn't complain too much about him going. Scored 12 (?) goals last season. McNulty has proven he can score that many and was used mainly as a sub under Clough.

But McNulty offers very little that Sharp doesn't. They don't compliement each other at all. Che has more pace and power about him which is something we lack massively as it is without reducing it further.

if Newcastle , or anyone offers 2m we'd be mental to turn it down
plus it shows we can bring on players at this club still
despite it being as some say good for nothing

We have too many similar players in our forward pool of players, need a big bustling lump and a proven finisher
Playing Done in his proper position helps a load too

So we play 4 up front? Done, Sharp, a new proven finisher and the big lump?

I would really like us to try and get Keshi Anderson on loan from Crystal Palace

Is he fit and firing again now? Remember him suffering a bad injury last season. Sulley Kaikai would be an interesting one for me but agree Anderson looked good for Donny at the lane.

You can't compare Murphy and Maguire to Adams for me. Adams hasn't yet achieved the consistency that those two did, but I'm not saying he won't this season. I think if Adams stays, this will be the season where he really comes of age and performs and scores 15 - 20 goals.

So with the current market, next season he'll be worth £4-5m

He's on nowhere near Murphy or Maguire's level. Don't tell me you think he is?

Just because we've fucked up selling players in the past doesn't mean selling players is never the right thing to do. Failing to replace players in the past doesn't even mean we'll fail to replace the next one we sell. Especially as we've now got a manager the board can justifiably trust.

I would say he's just below Murphy's level, only just. Younger aswell.

if Newcastle , or anyone offers 2m we'd be mental to turn it down

To be honest btl I think £2m is way low based on a few of factors.
1. If we could command £8m ish for Kyle Walker we should do better for Che. Same age same potential.
2. £2m is peanuts now with the money sloshing around pl clubs and those with parachute payments.
3. Much bigger fees for potential youngsters have set the bar higher eg Dele Ali.

But as I've said many times what do I know about football, I support the Blades

I don't see how you can think that, Murphy could take his man on most of the time, Adams can't do that anymore. Murphy has agility and acceleration, Adams doesn't. Murphy scored 13 goals from wide with plenty of assists, Adams scored 12 playing up front.

1. If we could command £8m ish for Kyle Walker we should do better for Che. Same age same potential.

You're joking? Might've agreed with you if Che carried on as he did playing against Walker at Bramall Lane, but he hasn't come close to doing that. We didn't get near £8m for Walker either, more like £3m. Although the modern version of £3m probably is £8m...

Not for me, I think Adams underachieved last season. but as I say I think under Wilder this will be his season. Moving to Newcastle, or any other Championship club, would be a mistake on his part in my view.

In the current market I wouldn't even contemplate selling him for under £4m. Prem and parachute clubs have crazy money and as far as I'm concerned that's what a young English striker with potential is worth nowadays. Suggestions that we should snatch hands of at £2m are ludicrous.

I would be pushing for a minimum of £4m plus Ivan Toney on loan for the season if we are genuinely interested.

In the current market I wouldn't even contemplate selling him for under £4m. Prem and parachute clubs have crazy money and as far as I'm concerned that's what a young English striker with potential is worth nowadays. Suggestions that we should snatch hands of at £2m are ludicrous.

I would be pushing for a minimum of £4m plus Ivan Toney on loan for the season if we are genuinely interested.
Craziness

Are you sure it wasn't Weir who signed him but they delayed the announcement for five months to get a "Double Swoop from Ilkeston!" headline?
Well, I heard Weir once booked a holiday with Ilkeston Co-op Travel so it certainly adds up.

we should not be selling under 4 million, if they see something in him they will know in a few years they could treble that figure when selling on, the preferred would be that we keep out talent get the best out of them and sell at the top of the game and make big money, but that really is not the blades way.

To be honest btl I think £2m is way low based on a few of factors.
2. £2m is peanuts now with the money sloshing around pl clubs and those with parachute payments.
3. Much bigger fees for potential youngsters have set the bar higher eg Dele Ali.

But as I've said many times what do I know about football, I support the Blades
deli ali had looked far more advanced and achieved more at MK Dons
and the Kyles performed well forus in the championship

they were talking 2m for bradley dack and no ones bit as yet and hegot double the amount of goals

I don't see how you can think that, Murphy could take his man on most of the time, Adams can't do that anymore. Murphy has agility and acceleration, Adams doesn't. Murphy scored 13 goals from wide with plenty of assists, Adams scored 12 playing up front.

You're joking? Might've agreed with you if Che carried on as he did playing against Walker at Bramall Lane, but he hasn't come close to doing that. We didn't get near £8m for Walker either, more like £3m. Although the modern version of £3m probably is £8m...
I think it was generally accepted that we got £10m for the two kyles. My understanding was it was heavily loaded in walkers favour. No way can I see it being £3m for walker and the remainder for naughton

Is he fit and firing again now? Remember him suffering a bad injury last season. Sulley Kaikai would be an interesting one for me but agree Anderson looked good for Donny at the lane.

I believe so because Radio Sheffield sports bulletins keep mentioning the possibility of him going back to Donny. Yes he looked a real talent in that game at the Lane last season

You can't compare Murphy and Maguire to Adams for me. Adams hasn't yet achieved the consistency that those two did, but I'm not saying he won't this season. I think if Adams stays, this will be the season where he really comes of age and performs and scores 15 - 20 goals.
No I can't compare them. And in turn I can't compare Maguire and Murphy to the likes of Walker and Jags. Why? Because our transfer policy is wank and people that defend it are wank and Che's "replacement" will be another step down

Back
Top Bottom