Outgoing? Carruthers

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I would be surprised if he left us now but wouldn't be heartbroken either to be honest. He has looked very good at times but a few tricks aside doesn't really have anything that Coutts, Fleck or Duffy don't. We should command a very decent fee though as well as seeing if Ricky Holmes fancies coming the other way.

Last edited:
He'd be mad to swap us for Charlton at this time. He's not going to turn down Championship football when he's likely to be playing regularly.

Given a rigorous pre-season (& a bit of drilling in making him more productive with his prodigious talents, rather than just showboating in unthreatening areas), there's a real star there waiting to break out.

Really hope this isn't true.

Do people actually believe this shit. As if Charlton could afford him for one. It's alright nicking a player for sod all with 6 months left on his contract but actually paying full market value in league one with no money. Can't see it, move along.

Very very doubtful as Karl Robinson apparently has an interview with Wigan this week as his Mrs wants to relocate back up north.

I would be surprised if he left us now but wouldn't be heartbroken either to be honest. He has looked very good at times but a few tricks aside doesn't really have anything that Coutts, Fleck or Duffy don't. We should command a very decent fee though as well as seeing if Ricky Holmes fancies coming the other way.

He's looked good when he's come on and the key part for me is his age. Duffy is 31 and Holmes is 29, Carruthers at 24 is the future!

He's looked good when he's come on and the key part for me is his age. Duffy is 31 and Holmes is 29, Carruthers at 24 is the future!

I agree that he is a real prospect but our main midfield trio has played so well this season that his opportunities have been limited. Would be happy to see him start for us next season, think he could do well but if he goes then we need to ensure we get a decent fee. I do think Wilder will go in for Holmes regardless. Lots of speculation he was coming here last summer but Charlton offerered him a bigger wage than we would, that should change now. He may be 29 but he doesn't look it when he plays.

I can't see it happening, but who knows. I'd like to see him stay and develop.

Cannot see it being true, he wanted to come to a team heading to the championship he took his risk and it paid off.

He will play a big part next season I believe.

Doubt it's true, but he would be guaranteed full games with a manager that would happily get on his knees for him, London club too.

I wouldn't be surprised if he is unsettled. I was surprised he hasn't featured more towards the end of the season.

its from blades mad trying to stir up nonsense again wilder has already said he will be a big player for us next season

Bollocks apparently he loves Moor Market.
That`s true, I saw him yesterday, he`d bought a dozen breadcakes, a 6 pack of Frazzles, some nuts from the nut bar, and was having his nails done by a chinese lass.

Said once he`d got a new watch battery he was off home.
Nice fellow.

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Carruthers move on....he has looked good in patches but has also looked disinterested at times. He started the Northampton game and apart from hitting the bar in the first 5 minutes he was woeful...he looked overweight, unfit and totally knackered without actually appearing to do much............which ultimately lead to his half-time substitution. His cameo sub appearances have gone from outstanding, (Bolton) to dreadful, (Millwall) and I suspect he has got Wilder scratching his head and a tad frustrated!

A good pre-season could make all the difference but IF he is unsettled then it may be best to part company now and invest time and money elsewhere.

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Carruthers move on....he has looked good in patches but has also looked disinterested at times. He started the Northampton game and apart from hitting the bar in the first 5 minutes he was woeful...he looked overweight, unfit and totally knackered without actually appearing to do much............which ultimately lead to his half-time substitution. His cameo sub appearances have gone from outstanding, (Bolton) to dreadful, (Millwall) and I suspect he has got Wilder scratching his head and a tad frustrated!

A good pre-season could make all the difference but IF he is unsettled then it may be best to part company now and invest time and money elsewhere.
He`s either world beater or panel beater for me.

Looked very average at times, then way above the level at others.

Be interesting if Wilder can bring the best out of him after a pre season together.

Back
Top Bottom