Car Park Protest - Saturday 4.30pm

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

More like a spoilt young attention seeker.

For us in our 50’s I don’t think people realise we’ve never had it as good and been as ambitious as we are now.

Everything is better.
The stadium, training ground, fan base/ average crowds, our ambition, our status as a club.

Don’t think we’ll ever be taken over by an ambitious owner because our fan lack ambition. Shefifieders in general, prefer cheapness over quality and we want things for nothing, hence no outsider will invest.
This is not a dig as i agree in also in my 50s and 3 seasons from the last 5 in the prem is by our standards success the issue is we never kick on Brighton Palace Bournemouth all established premier league clubs why can't we compete? We just turn up spend a season get relegated and go again. I don't want us in the Premier league as we don't belong there based on the clubs lack of ambition.

If you want to protest to the Prince better get on a plane and fly out to either the States or to Saudi, he’ll be in one or the other.. one place I can absolutely guarantee he won’t be on Saturday evening is Bramall Lane.
Unless he confuses a league game with a cup semi final or Bramall Lane with Wembley

It's become obvious that the Prince has no real desire to sell at a reasonable or fair price, and whilever he remains at the club its clear things will go from bad to worse.

It seems appropriate now that as fans we make a stand and peacefully protest against his continued ownership. We will demand that he drops his price and goes ASAP.

Ideally being on TV that brings our plight into the limelight and alerts some potential new owners of our situation

If nothing else is achieved it will cause the Prince huge embarrassment which he thoroughly deserves.

We've given him an incredibly easy ride so far, this easy ride can't continue any longer.

Hopefully see some of you in the car park Saturday 4.30pm.
(Shoes optional)
Feel your pain

But …. The Prince doesn’t communicate his vision for the club and he has faults … but he didn’t recruit the dross players that have made almost no impact whatsoever, he couldn’t force IN and SB to resign , he made some funds available but as above they were invested appallingly- imo .

I want him to go and whilst ever he is here then we won’t be any kind of force in the prem (next season is also looking pretty grim ) but the real issue is that he doesn’t have the money needed and has gone about selling us in an amateur way .

So - all said and done

See you in the car park

I'm just sick of the Prince getting such an incredibly easy ride off our fans. I want him to understand how unhappy we are.

Currently as fans we act like a person in an abusive relationship who doesn't dare speak out and invites more abuse year after year. It doesn't sit well with me.

I can't see any happy future while ever he remains at the club.
Putting aside all the great times he’s delivered, what exactly do you want him to do? Sign it over for free?

He’s perfectly willing to sell, but no one wants to buy it.

Probably because people like you will watch 3 promotions from a possible 5 and still not be happy.

It's become obvious that the Prince has no real desire to sell at a reasonable or fair price, and whilever he remains at the club its clear things will go from bad to worse.

It seems appropriate now that as fans we make a stand and peacefully protest against his continued ownership. We will demand that he drops his price and goes ASAP.

Ideally being on TV that brings our plight into the limelight and alerts some potential new owners of our situation

If nothing else is achieved it will cause the Prince huge embarrassment which he thoroughly deserves.

We've given him an incredibly easy ride so far, this easy ride can't continue any longer.

(Shoes optional)
Where the fans of Reading tread, you follow ?

(Shoes optional)
I've been watching since 1971 and believe me he's the best owner we have had in that time, name me a better one?

Without Dozy's deposit for his proposed purchase of the club last season we'd have been in big, big trouble.

Think about that for a minute. We had to rely on a cash injection from a guy who's currently being pursued by the FBI for a huge and elaborate fraud to get us out of a big hole.
Sounds like the Prince did a fine bit of business to me there. He is the master of scammers

Dozy and the other dozy, McCabe are mere students in the art of scamming

Not one for protests only leads to more negativity and we have a lot already.

This wouldn’t be the place either to start anything of the such. Too many people on here protect him at all costs.

The reaction to somebody suggesting a protest is embarrassing. If he was claiming something ridiculous, like "Abdullah is hoarding all the PL money" or "he's leading to club to non-league/liquidation" I'd expect it, but for this?

The OP has only claimed that he thinks Abdullah is holding out for too much money, so wants to protest to pressure him into a sale. Whether it would have any effect or not, it isn't illogical.

The people who always get the most stick are those that care about the club and can be bothered to take action, rather than merely shit posting on a forum, bullying those that try anything.
Taking the right and sensible action is surely what should be done, if anything.
I am satisfied with what I have seen over the last 5/6 years, so don’t consider fans need to be doing anything.

Taking the right and sensible action is surely what should be done, if anything.
I am satisfied with what I have seen over the last 5/6 years, so don’t consider fans need to be doing anything.
I agree with you more than the OP if anything. Just don't like the disrespectful, dismissive attitude towards what was a genuine post. It's not like they're a WUM.

I know people are unhappy that our owner isn’t that wealthy, and hasn’t sold us at a price below his valuation, but is that really some sort of despicable action by a business man?

We haven’t had a points deduction.
We haven’t seen asset stripping.
We haven’t seen the club plunged into unmanageable debt.
We haven’t seen matchday prices go through the roof trying to fleece fans at every opportunity.

We have had success on the field, reaching highest premier league position for decades, staying in premier league for 1st time in decades, returning to premier league faster than we ever have before, getting to Wembley.

Admittedly, we began the season with a squad that was weaker than the one that gained promotion, but that wasn’t by design; we really thought we had got Ndiaye signed up (which was clearly the aim), and a lot of us thought Hamer was as good as Berge. He could have gone for high risk, big debt, spend massively strategy; instead he chose not to do that, presumably putting the club in a lower risk position that might be more appropriate for a forthcoming sale. Was that really somehow screwing us over?

The reason I’m not really up for a protest isn’t so much apathy as I don’t think it’s that been that disgusting.
Transfer embargo.
Substandard training facilities.
Not having money to turn on the under soil heating.
Winning promotion then selling our best 2 players.
No succession planning (sack a manager - let's go back to the old one who I sacked before).
3 years of PL money and nothing to show for it - no new training ground or substantial improvements to the current one. No improvements to Bramall Lane (save for the improvements required of all PL clubs)
11 senior players contracted to us after this season (that 11 includes Brewster, Davies, Slimane as well)

If Ndiaye hadn't played out of his skin for most of last season we'd be in serious trouble right now. So I don't think the list of things are anything we should be praising him for, they are the least I'd expect from a vaguely responsible owner of a football club. But the support he gave to his manager at the beginning of this season is one of the worst any manager has been given when promoted to the Premier League. The state the squad is in now with so few players under contract next season is entirely down to him which we know after his ridiculous comments on SUW about liking players in the last year of this contract.

Oh, and he's holding out for way more than we are worth and he knows it. He values us as a Premier League club - we are in name only. The squad, backroom staff and training ground are nothing like Premier League level.

(Shoes optional)
Reminded me of a joke when you and one other turns up on Saturday...

A man, tired of busy life in the city, moves to a house at the countryside, middle of nowhere. After living there for few months, his nearest neighbor, a big, hairy guy living few miles away, comes to visit him for the first time.

"There will be a party tonight at my place, are you interested?", asks the neighbor. The guy, already a bit bored of his quiet living, says "Okay, why not."

"There will be some dancing and singing there", informs the neighbor.

"It's okay, I can sing", he answers.

"And know that there will be heavy drinking too."

"That's not a problem either, I haven't had a drink since I moved here."

"There will be fighting too", says the neighbor.

"Uh, okay, I think I can live with that", he says.

"And after all that's been done, there will be some wild sex."

"Now that's good, I haven't got laid in ages!", he says, getting all excited about it.

"So I can count you in?", asks the neighbor.

"You bet you can", he says enthusiasticly.

"Okay, so it's a deal. Tonight at my place", says the neigbor and turns to go away.

"Wait, one last thing!", he yells after the neighbor. "How should I dress?"

"Oh, doesn't matter, just gonna be the two of us."

The reaction to somebody suggesting a protest is embarrassing. If he was claiming something ridiculous, like "Abdullah is hoarding all the PL money" or "he's leading to club to non-league/liquidation" I'd expect it, but for this?

The OP has only claimed that he thinks Abdullah is holding out for too much money, so wants to protest to pressure him into a sale. Whether it would have any effect or not, it isn't illogical.

The people who always get the most stick are those that care about the club and can be bothered to take action, rather than merely shit posting on a forum, bullying those that try anything.
Not sure about anyone else but if I owned a business, and the people who purchased products from that business held a protest to try to force me to sell my business for less money than I wanted, I don't think there is a number small enough that has been discovered to express how little of a fuck I would give about that protest.

Not sure about anyone else but if I owned a business, and the people who purchased products from that business held a protest to try to force me to sell my business for less money than I wanted, I don't think there is a number small enough that has been discovered to express how little of a fuck I would give about that protest.
Fans of a football club are different to customers of your average business though.

Pare of the reason people buy football clubs is the adulation of fans, the glory of victory, the excitement of potentially making history. They bring their millionaire friends to sit in the stands, they let them meet the players after the game or at a training session.

Having the fans hate your guts harm's that aspect of ownership. For some owners they may not care in the slightest, it's a fair point.

Without Dozy's deposit for his proposed purchase of the club last season we'd have been in big, big trouble.

Think about that for a minute. We had to rely on a cash injection from a guy who's currently being pursued by the FBI for a huge and elaborate fraud to get us out of a big hole.

Dozy didn’t put a penny into the club.

I'm just sick of the Prince getting such an incredibly easy ride off our fans. I want him to understand how unhappy we are.

Currently as fans we act like a person in an abusive relationship who doesn't dare speak out and invites more abuse year after year. It doesn't sit well with me.

I can't see any happy future while ever he remains at the club.
What makes you think that I'm unhappy?

Being fairly realistic about things, and not being one to worry about things that I can't influence, I'm pretty happy most of the time.

At the moment we are about where I expected us to be when the season started last August.

I just hope that management/owner have used the financial boost of promotion to help secure our future for years to come so that we don't find ourselves subject to transfer embargoes again, as we were last season.

If that makes me a clapper, that's fine, I'll wear the badge with pride and get on with enjoying my life.

Where did the deposit go then?

You know full well.

Any deal for ownership was between Dozy and the Prince. The deposit would have gone to the Prince, who invested the money into the club.

I know the reality isn’t as exciting for anti Prince mob as your flawed take on it but it’s not rocket science to understand how things work.

What makes you think that I'm unhappy?

Being fairly realistic about things, and not being one to worry about things that I can't influence, I'm pretty happy most of the time.

At the moment we are about where I expected us to be when the season started last August.

I just hope that management/owner have used the financial boost of promotion to help secure our future for years to come so that we don't find ourselves subject to transfer embargoes again, as we were last season.

If that makes me a clapper, that's fine, I'll wear the badge with pride and get on with enjoying my life.
If you have watched this all season and enjoyed it then I do very much envy you.
For me its felt like having acid poured into my eyes on a weekly basis.

It sounds to me that there are a lot of fans here that would prefer it if the Prince didn't sell at all?

If you have watched this all season and enjoyed it then I do very much envy you.
For me its felt like having acid poured into my eyes on a weekly basis.

It sounds to me that there are a lot of fans here that would prefer it if the Prince didn't sell at all?

Bit dramatic again but we’re used to that.

Based on what?

This is your second call for a protest. If anything it’s gone worse.

Playing the Bladey Blade card now. Having been going to The Lane since 1966, I will say that the last 6 years with the Prince (including this one) have been more enjoyable than probably 50 of the previous 58. Maybe this just proves I'm an old cunt, but maybe it proves that now is really a pretty good time to be a Blade?

Bit dramatic again but we’re used to that.

Based on what?

This is your second call for a protest. If anything it’s gone worse.
See first time I floated the idea was without any organisational specifics. This time I figured give a time, date and (obvious) location. Help it become a bit more concrete.
All I want is for the Prince to be aware how much we want him to fuck off. To have the records show that we fans actually voiced our dissatisfaction at both how the club has been run in recent years (he's so flukey with Ndiyae taking us up almost single handed.... it's given some fans a skewed view of reality) AND how incredibly long it is taking him to sell on account of him wanting to sell for a fee that is clearly unrealistic.

If I said to you, "I really want to sell my season ticket, I want 2 grand for it" would you believe that I REALLY wanted to sell?
Thats my issue, he talks like he wants to sell, but then has put together totally unrealistic conditions for the sale to actually take place.. which makes him full of shit.
It seems I'm in a minority that gives a shit about the way he's carrying on with his pretence that he's keen as mustard to sell, so be it.

Back
Top Bottom