Car Park Protest - Saturday 4.30pm

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

For fucks sake man up, fucking car park protest. How's about grow a fucking backbone and stop crying or seriously, fuck off to Meadowhall. Nobody's forcing anybody to go, there's plenty of other things to do that won't make you cry so rather than getting all pissy because we're a bit shit at the minute, do something else.

"Bit shit at the minute?" We've literally got no future with this clown in charge, a guy who says he wants to sell year after year but somehow doesn't ever manage to, because he keeps trying to sell us to charlatans and the EFL have to intervene and no-one else will match his pie in the sky price.

Why just lap it up? Are you not embarrassed that we were placed under transfer embargo last season?
Are you not humiliated by the fact that we got promoted to the Prem, the so called dream of every football fan outside the Prem, and made no attempt to stay up?
We sold one of our two best players to our relegation rivals FFS!

We started the season with a far weaker team than the team that got promoted... how is this in any way acceptable? We're an absolute laughing stock on the pitch, we're an absolute laughing stock in the boardoroom, and the apathy from our so called "fans" makes us a laughing stock in the eyes of the fans of every other football club in England, and quite possibly the world.

Imagine telling the people who actually give a shit to "fuck off to Meadowhall." 🤦‍♂️

Oh stop being a fucking drama queen. I'd love us to be successful, so would the supporters of about 85 other clubs in the league but I don't see 85 car park cryathons all over the country every weekend. As to us being embarrassed and a laughing stock, if you're going to whine like a fucking bitch because things aren't going your way then yes, I'm embarrassed for you and you deserve to get laughed at.

'The whole world's laughing at us'. Oh fucking dear 😭😭😭

Oh stop being a fucking drama queen. I'd love us to be successful, so would the supporters of about 85 other clubs in the league but I don't see 85 car park cryathons all over the country every weekend. As to us being embarrassed and a laughing stock, if you're going to whine like a fucking bitch because things aren't going your way then yes, I'm embarrassed for you and you deserve to get laughed at.

'The whole world's laughing at us'. Oh fucking dear 😭😭😭
You don't see the "cryathons" everywhere because some of the clubs are actually "having a go".. they might not be succesful in their attempts but they're genuinely trying. The Prince got extremely flukey with our last promotion, we got it despite him, not because of him.

You don't see the "cryathons" everywhere because some of the clubs are actually "having a go".. they might not be succesful in their attempts but they're genuinely trying. The Prince got extremely flukey with our last promotion, we got it despite him, not because of him.

Yeah, kinda nice when you fluke a 46 game season, it's almost as if you're talking bollocks. What do you mean 'they're genuinely trying'? Who is, and what are they trying? Is everyone trying apart from us? And what are they 'having a go' at? Drugs? A career in music? Winning an egg and spoon race? What are they trying and what are they having a go at? I need to know now.

Just stop it, you started off with a bad idea, then you tried to justify it with a tantrum and now the whole world's laughing at us. Fucking hell, why don't you get on the blower to McCabe, he'll stop us getting laughed at.

Princes strategy this season has been gash and we are having a stinker of a season, but then a stinker of a season is a possibility when you go up as we have done. We are financially stable, have moved on as a club significantly in the last 6-7 years and arguably the most consistent time on the pitch since I started watching in the 70s. I am no fan of the prince, he should be called out, but this is not what you protest about...

It's become obvious that the Prince has no real desire to sell at a reasonable or fair price, and whilever he remains at the club its clear things will go from bad to worse.

It seems appropriate now that as fans we make a stand and peacefully protest against his continued ownership. We will demand that he drops his price and goes ASAP.

Ideally being on TV that brings our plight into the limelight and alerts some potential new owners of our situation

If nothing else is achieved it will cause the Prince huge embarrassment which he thoroughly deserves.

We've given him an incredibly easy ride so far, this easy ride can't continue any longer.

Hopefully see some of you in the car park Saturday 4.30pm.
(Shoes optional)
It's only football bro. You (and others here) take it far too seriously. Grown adult men should not be reacting in just an over-emotional way to 22 blokes kicking a bit of plastic on some grass.

You are a fucking idiot!
Well done Silent takes a lot to wind you up ! these so called fans just talk shit .We all want the Prince to bring in some money !
The club is in better shape than when the Prince came in and talking down the achievement of 2 promotions to prem is just stupid we are in better shape to bounce back if we do go down.

It's become obvious that the Prince has no real desire to sell at a reasonable or fair price, and whilever he remains at the club its clear things will go from bad to worse.

It seems appropriate now that as fans we make a stand and peacefully protest against his continued ownership. We will demand that he drops his price and goes ASAP.

Ideally being on TV that brings our plight into the limelight and alerts some potential new owners of our situation

If nothing else is achieved it will cause the Prince huge embarrassment which he thoroughly deserves.

We've given him an incredibly easy ride so far, this easy ride can't continue any longer.

Hopefully see some of you in the car park Saturday 4.30pm.
(Shoes optional)

Hopefully no-one turns up so you have plenty of room to run around pretending to be an aeroplane.

I'm just sick of the Prince getting such an incredibly easy ride off our fans. I want him to understand how unhappy we are.

Currently as fans we act like a person in an abusive relationship who doesn't dare speak out and invites more abuse year after year. It doesn't sit well with me.

I can't see any happy future while ever he remains at the club.
Wasn't the prince who sat on his hands all Summer was it. Wasn't the Prince who started the PL campaign with Osborn, Basham and Norwood in Midfield. And after seeing some of the utter shite Heckinbottom bought, i can fully understand why he was reticent about handing him more money.

Wilder comes in and his first action is to buy Robin Olsen MKII...

I actually have sympathy for the Prince here!

Yep, we all want Jeff Bezos to buy us, but until then let's look at Luton and see what can be achieved with the right people scouting and buying players...

I'm just sick of the Prince getting such an incredibly easy ride off our fans. I want him to understand how unhappy we are.

Currently as fans we act like a person in an abusive relationship who doesn't dare speak out and invites more abuse year after year. It doesn't sit well with me.

I can't see any happy future while ever he remains at the club.
What do you genuinely expect him to do? He’s got no money, he wants to sell and he’s not trying to spend us into admin or FFP deductions.

He’s made bad decisions but every owner will do that

What do you genuinely expect him to do? He’s got no money, he wants to sell and he’s not trying to spend us into admin or FFP deductions.

He’s made bad decisions but every owner will do that
He should be spending millions, whilst maintaining FFP and selling us to a billionaire.

Makes it sound like there are queues of buyers waiting and the prince won't sell

I’ll be walking bare foot from 2/3rds on Abbeydale Road in protest.

Shoes firmly off.

Welcome to join. Bring your nanans as well.

4.30’s a bit early for me, but I’ve got a bag of tennis balls, I can bring them and lob them on the pitch at some point.

Here’s hoping a few others join my indignant protest and the Premier League spotlight shines on us.
I’ve got loads of golf balls I collect whilst walking the dog round Sitwell on a Sunday morning. Will they do? Might catch a bit keen if our dopey lot don’t see them coming but 11 castrate players live on Sky will certainly bring some attention

"Bit shit at the minute?" We've literally got no future with this clown in charge, a guy who says he wants to sell year after year but somehow doesn't ever manage to, because he keeps trying to sell us to charlatans and the EFL have to intervene and no-one else will match his pie in the sky price.

Why just lap it up? Are you not embarrassed that we were placed under transfer embargo last season?
Are you not humiliated by the fact that we got promoted to the Prem, the so called dream of every football fan outside the Prem, and made no attempt to stay up?
We sold one of our two best players to our relegation rivals FFS!

We started the season with a far weaker team than the team that got promoted... how is this in any way acceptable? We're an absolute laughing stock on the pitch, we're an absolute laughing stock in the boardoroom, and the apathy from our so called "fans" makes us a laughing stock in the eyes of the fans of every other football club in England, and quite possibly the world.

Imagine telling the people who actually give a shit to "fuck off to Meadowhall." 🤦‍♂️
Go n have a chat wi Chris n Alan and see if they think the club has no future.
I imagine they might think not and it could be argued you're letting your emotions get the better of you.
If all our fanbase followed your rationale then we would be truly phooked.
It's disappointing to see us getting beaten regularly but it's no surprise given the quality of the prem.
We're on a steep learning curve and need to suck it up,it's part and parcel of the baby steps forward.
We can't reasonably be blaming the Prince.
Infact when you stop looking for scapegoats and focus instead on the positives,you might be less inclined to frequent the car park and remember instead all the joy we've felt,(some of us anyway) since those gloomy more recent league one days and beyond when our club really was poorly managed, with an almost palpable bleak outlook.
We're heading in the right direction but it takes time and patience.
Try enjoying the ride mate, tis only football after all.🙏👍

People have stated he's done well not running us into the ground like some other clubs.

No one knows just how bad it might have been had we failed at gaining promotion last year.

Some blame has to lie at the recruitment teams for the past 4/5 years. We have acquired possibly one player that has increased in value (Anel) which is outrageous when our business model seems to attempt to be 'Buy > Improve > Profit'

No fan of the prince really, but if our "plight" is he isn't a billionaire, I doubt anybody would give a monkeys. There's definitely worse chairmen out there.

The contract situations we've not managed to sort previously over a number of seasons are the major negative for me.

We are performing exactly how SUFC have been set up to perform - challenging in the Championship, struggle in the Premier League. This is just what we are - an in-between yo-yo club.

To kick on and become something more (ie established PL team, challenging on the next level for cups and europa) you have to have something extraordinary these days. First season under Wilder we had extraordinary tactics, but that only goes so far before it is worked out.

We need extraordinary investment (ie Wolves, Villa) or extraordinary recruitment (ie Brighton, Brentford) - until we have one of these factors we are what we are.

The reaction to somebody suggesting a protest is embarrassing. If he was claiming something ridiculous, like "Abdullah is hoarding all the PL money" or "he's leading to club to non-league/liquidation" I'd expect it, but for this?

The OP has only claimed that he thinks Abdullah is holding out for too much money, so wants to protest to pressure him into a sale. Whether it would have any effect or not, it isn't illogical.

The people who always get the most stick are those that care about the club and can be bothered to take action, rather than merely shit posting on a forum, bullying those that try anything.

I know people are unhappy that our owner isn’t that wealthy, and hasn’t sold us at a price below his valuation, but is that really some sort of despicable action by a business man?

We haven’t had a points deduction.
We haven’t seen asset stripping.
We haven’t seen the club plunged into unmanageable debt.
We haven’t seen matchday prices go through the roof trying to fleece fans at every opportunity.

We have had success on the field, reaching highest premier league position for decades, staying in premier league for 1st time in decades, returning to premier league faster than we ever have before, getting to Wembley.

Admittedly, we began the season with a squad that was weaker than the one that gained promotion, but that wasn’t by design; we really thought we had got Ndiaye signed up (which was clearly the aim), and a lot of us thought Hamer was as good as Berge. He could have gone for high risk, big debt, spend massively strategy; instead he chose not to do that, presumably putting the club in a lower risk position that might be more appropriate for a forthcoming sale. Was that really somehow screwing us over?

The reason I’m not really up for a protest isn’t so much apathy as I don’t think it’s that been that disgusting.

Without Dozy's deposit for his proposed purchase of the club last season we'd have been in big, big trouble.

Think about that for a minute. We had to rely on a cash injection from a guy who's currently being pursued by the FBI for a huge and elaborate fraud to get us out of a big hole.

Back
Top Bottom