Car Park Protest - Saturday 4.30pm

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Wasn't the prince who sat on his hands all Summer was it. Wasn't the Prince who started the PL campaign with Osborn, Basham and Norwood in Midfield. And after seeing some of the utter shite Heckinbottom bought, i can fully understand why he was reticent about handing him more money.

Wilder comes in and his first action is to buy Robin Olsen MKII...

I actually have sympathy for the Prince here!

Yep, we all want Jeff Bezos to buy us, but until then let's look at Luton and see what can be achieved with the right people scouting and buying players...
Isn’t 1 of there stats man - recruiting - scouts not sure which one a Blade as well , Luton’s not ours

Last edited:
See first time I floated the idea was without any organisational specifics. This time I figured give a time, date and (obvious) location. Help it become a bit more concrete.
All I want is for the Prince to be aware how much we want him to fuck off. To have the records show that we fans actually voiced our dissatisfaction at both how the club has been run in recent years (he's so flukey with Ndiyae taking us up almost single handed.... it's given some fans a skewed view of reality) AND how incredibly long it is taking him to sell on account of him wanting to sell for a fee that is clearly unrealistic.

If I said to you, "I really want to sell my season ticket, I want 2 grand for it" would you believe that I REALLY wanted to sell?
Thats my issue, he talks like he wants to sell, but then has put together totally unrealistic conditions for the sale to actually take place.. which makes him full of shit.
It seems I'm in a minority that gives a shit about the way he's carrying on with his pretence that he's keen as mustard to sell, so be it.
It’s no more knee jerk now as then. You talk of we whilst ignoring how many would be against it. Yes the likes of Simple Syphon Sid and his ilk will love it but most recognise that where we are stems from poor spending in the past causing on going cash flow issues rather than the oft quoted and barely understood ongoing “financial mismanagement”. His fault? He left the cheque book out for Wilder to do a Viv Nicholson but let’s accept the starting point for the situation we find - and have found - ourselves in rather than pretending it’s an ongoing season by season shit show of his making. Anyone not recognizing that needs to have a good think.

Did you countenance this in L1 under McCabe? When he said no more money? When the property assets belonged to Scarborough?

I have no idea of the asking price? What is it?

The ST analogy doesn’t work. If l buy it that would be the end of it. I wouldn’t have to fund anything afterwards. Not a similar scenario at all. And of course the ST has a finite value, games left etc.

You know full well.

Any deal for ownership was between Dozy and the Prince. The deposit would have gone to the Prince, who invested the money into the club.

I know the reality isn’t as exciting for anti Prince mob as your flawed take on it but it’s not rocket science to understand how things work.

So the money went into the club! Which is exactly what I said!

See first time I floated the idea was without any organisational specifics. This time I figured give a time, date and (obvious) location. Help it become a bit more concrete.
All I want is for the Prince to be aware how much we want him to fuck off. To have the records show that we fans actually voiced our dissatisfaction at both how the club has been run in recent years (he's so flukey with Ndiyae taking us up almost single handed.... it's given some fans a skewed view of reality) AND how incredibly long it is taking him to sell on account of him wanting to sell for a fee that is clearly unrealistic.

If I said to you, "I really want to sell my season ticket, I want 2 grand for it" would you believe that I REALLY wanted to sell?
Thats my issue, he talks like he wants to sell, but then has put together totally unrealistic conditions for the sale to actually take place.. which makes him full of shit.
It seems I'm in a minority that gives a shit about the way he's carrying on with his pretence that he's keen as mustard to sell, so be it.

Yep, as painful as you may find it, I suspect you are in the minority. Most supporters, while accepting we're out of our depth this season will see the wood for the trees and acknowledge that we're in the good times. It's incredibly naïve to think running a big club is easy and that the owner must be some how deliberately making the 'wrong' choices. As many have said in this and other threads, HRH has presided over the greatest period in my time - I saw Colin Morris' hair in the flesh. To talk of HRH not caring and him being full of shit is blinkered thinking IMO. I'm sure 100% of the Club, staff, board, fans and players want success but that will always be a relative term and it helps to remind yourself of that every now and again.

I was thinking something like this...

Attachments

• 42483742965_911306461c_b.jpg
    42483742965_911306461c_b.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 9

No worries mate, without knowing the other one you are probably right about both ha ha

Sorry brownblade if you happen to be a male model ha ha
I'm absolutely gorgeous.

Didn't shave and wore a crappy coat last night, to try and avoid people's missus' chucking themselves at me during the match (after the match is fine btw).

So the money went into the club! Which is exactly what I said!

No.

Without Dozy's deposit for his proposed purchase of the club last season we'd have been in big, big trouble.

Think about that for a minute. We had to rely on a cash injection from a guy who's currently being pursued by the FBI for a huge and elaborate fraud to get us out of a big hole.

Not “exactly” at all.

I'm just sick of the Prince getting such an incredibly easy ride off our fans. I want him to understand how unhappy we are.

Currently as fans we act like a person in an abusive relationship who doesn't dare speak out and invites more abuse year after year. It doesn't sit well with me.

I can't see any happy future while ever he remains at the club.
I think it's more like an imperfect marriage. I'm far from a perfect husband - lazy, demotivated, not got much money - but I'm not abusive, unkind or uncaring.

Prince hasn't got money and can't magic a buyer.
He's not perfect, but we have had two Premier League promotions and spent a lot of money in transfer market.

No.

Without Dozy's deposit for his proposed purchase of the club last season we'd have been in big, big trouble.

Think about that for a minute. We had to rely on a cash injection from a guy who's currently being pursued by the FBI for a huge and elaborate fraud to get us out of a big hole.

Not “exactly” at all.

I think we can all agree that I was right.

Fans of a football club are different to customers of your average business though.

Pare of the reason people buy football clubs is the adulation of fans, the glory of victory, the excitement of potentially making history. They bring their millionaire friends to sit in the stands, they let them meet the players after the game or at a training session.

Having the fans hate your guts harm's that aspect of ownership. For some owners they may not care in the slightest, it's a fair point.
What you said is true but doesn't really matter when you are looking to sell. He's on his way out anyway, so why would any businessman at that point decide to lose out on millions of pounds because people are unhappy?

I'm absolutely gorgeous.

Didn't shave and wore a crappy coat last night, to try and avoid people's missus' chucking themselves at me during the match (after the match is fine btw).
Totally understandable if you have got it lol, sometimes you just want a quiet one eh

FWIW, if there are any prospective buyers waiting in the wings, they'll be keeping their powder dry for a few months yet. In about 12 weeks anyone buying the club is potentially, going to save themselves 10's of millions. Championship teams are much cheaper than PL ones. Just sayin'....

What you said is true but doesn't really matter when you are looking to sell. He's on his way out anyway, so why would any businessman at that point decide to lose out on millions of pounds because people are unhappy?
Can't think of owt tbh without grasping at straws. Which for me is why it's shit to be owned by someone with no roots in our country. At least McCabe has something to lose via protest and the tarring of his name. Your right, what does a Saudi Prince care what some people in Sheffield think of him?

We've literally got no future with this clown in charge

So we are going out of business, I think not.

When you talk of clowns, look no further than S6 where spending more than their income, resulted in near bankruptcy and 24 years (so far) of meandering the second/third divisions.

Take a balanced philosophical view, rather than your 'my club should be top six and in Europe' view.

While you are thinking of it as your club, why not shell out £2/3 hundred million and take us where you think we 'belong'.

Thought not, someone else should provide that funding ( it's investment though !!!! is it bollocks).

FWIW, if there are any prospective buyers waiting in the wings, they'll be keeping their powder dry for a few months yet. In about 12 weeks anyone buying the club is potentially, going to save themselves 10's of millions. Championship teams are much cheaper than PL ones. Just sayin'....

Trouble is Championship teams tend to lose money.

Back
Top Bottom