Match Thread Brighton & Hove Albion v. Sheffield United - 20th December 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BRI
BRI
BRI

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1608326000868.png v. 1608326005605.png
EPL Week 14 - Sunday 20th December 2020 - Amex Stadium

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/brighton-hove-albion-vs-sheffield-united.522/

Officials:

Referee:
Peter Bankes
Assistant Referee: Neil Davies
Assistant Referee: James Mainwaring
Fourth Official: Keith Stroud
Video Assistant Referee: Michael Oliver
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Peter Kirkup

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

1608326112125.png

Great to see some of the young new signings being blooded on the bench, in and around the first team.

Feel good about today - but i always say that!

UTB

We're all going to be sat here on the forum in 2 hours time dumbfounded at the teams performance. Brewster wont get a touch. Stevens and Robinson will have a shocker and give away a penalty and Midfield will be chasing shadows as fleck gives the ball away multiple times, then we will have to sit and watch wilder with his same scripted media trained interview explain how the 'formation works' and how much we should feel sorry for him
May aswell just pack in now ey ? ;) all joking aside I get there plenty of reason to be pessimistic but I’ll save being upset for after the game not before takes too much energy to be upset all the time.

May aswell just pack in now ey ? ;) all joking aside I get there plenty of reason to be pessimistic but I’ll save being upset for after the game not before takes too much energy to be upset all the time.
After the game? Sod that, I'm in after 3 minutes.

Happy as could be with the lineup- we were never going to change formation, so knew we wouldn’t see the “no 10” role.
However, Didzy will naturally drop deeper to bridge the gap between midfield and attack and also holds the ball to allow the full backs to get forward. Hopefully this will bring Brewster into the game and allow us to have a proper look at him as in his previous starts (against tough opposition) he has been left isolated with no service.
Moose and Burke as impact subs as well (considering each of them only have 30mins in their legs)
Can see us doubling our points tally today. 😉

We're all going to be sat here on the forum in 2 hours time dumbfounded at the teams performance. Brewster wont get a touch. Stevens and Robinson will have a shocker and give away a penalty and Midfield will be chasing shadows as fleck gives the ball away multiple times, then we will have to sit and watch wilder with his same scripted media trained interview explain how the 'formation works' and how much we should feel sorry for him

fantastic - getting your disappointment in early?

I despair at times

UTB

It's just annoying how we arguably played our best against man utd in the second half for the last 20 because the team, tactics and personnel switched from our usual 3-5-2

Dunno why people get thier hopes up about pkaying a front 3, Wilder has said we won't so many times.

In Didzy's post match interview he was asked about playing as a 10 from the start. He said it wouldn't work in this league and that he wants to play as a striker.

Can’t get my head round we refuse to play Burke left side instead of Lunny. He is a winger and would offer real threat. Right now I will reserve judgement as we simony have to win by any means but why we can’t play a settled formation up top is beyond me.

I hope i'm wrong

It's just annoying how we arguably played our best against man utd in the second half for the last 20 because the team, tactics and personnel switched from our usual 3-5-2
I get it I really do we all wanted to see didsy in the hole. I just wonder if as has been said elsewhere Burke can’t do that kind of shift twice in a week and I think we all know Mousset can’t do a 90 right now maybe didsy and Brewster were the only fully fit in form 2? Also would be pretty harsh to sack our top scorer off into midfield as others have said maybe we’ll see it later on.

Happy with that line up. I presume Brewster for Burke is a fitness choice Burke put a hell of a shift in V Man U and 3 days isn't a lot of recovery time. Lundstram the obvious replacement for Berge. I can't begin to think what subs Wilder will use with 9 to pick from. Jags in the squad ........................ Rodwell must be really shit.

Please to god just fucking win blades... I don't care if they batter us all game and the winner goes in off egans nob it the last minute of injury time let's just win a sodding game
I'd be delighted with a draw

I still can't fathom how jagielka is on the bench ahead of Rodwell.

What was Rodwell even given a contract for? He can't be any worse than jags on right side of defence.
Seems to be an excellent waste of at least half a million to me. I don't see nay pathway to the team at all.

Really harsh on Burke but the potential for end product is with Brewster. Guess it’s all about the mentality and approach now. Take the game to Brighton, try to dominate the possession, play through the lines, get Goldy linking the play and the wing backs up the pitch as much as possible.

Another poster joined when it started going sour and is all over every post slating the team and manager. It’s getting a bit boring now.
Isn’t it just... disappointment may come after the game. But this constant moaning at everything is tedious! No matter what’s happened I always get the excited butterflies before kick off. And I genuinely think we have every chance today! UTB

I think it was that easy that man u took their foot off the gas to a certain extent too... They were thinking about their Christmas dinners when our 2nd went in

Would probably have kept Burke in the line up fitness dependant. But hopefully some pace from the wouldn’t be a bad thing.

Though I did see he holds the record of 23 PL games played without a victory (via us and wba).

interested to see how Brewster does.

lundstram was going to play - gives us a box to box player. Possible goal threat too - time he earned his next PL contract

Happy with that line up. I presume Brewster for Burke is a fitness choice Burke put a hell of a shift in V Man U and 3 days isn't a lot of recovery time. Lundstram the obvious replacement for Berge. I can't begin to think what subs Wilder will use with 9 to pick from. Jags in the squad ........................ Rodwell must be really shit.
Burke did 70 minutes on Thursday and has had 2 days rest. Surely that's enough for a professional athlete, I think people give them too much of an easy ride these days

Can’t pretend I’m not disappointed not having Didz as the ‘10’. I just can’t see us getting enough points trying to keep it tight, the time to go for it was now.
Agree.

If 9 points from safety after 13 games isn't the time to take the handbreak off then I don't know when is.

I was so looking forward today with the hope we'd be playing Goldie behind a front 2.... my hopes have been dashed - one day we'll learn.
Our issue is we don't have a centre half with any pace so he can partner Egan in a back 4 formation

You'd think they'd sort it so that any Blades living in Brighton could go and sit inthe away end

Slightly off topic but it feels really surreal to me given the events and announcements of the last 24hrs that there’s fans here.

I still can't fathom how jagielka is on the bench ahead of Rodwell.

What was Rodwell even given a contract for? He can't be any worse than jags on right side of defence.
Jagielka is in the squad due to the unseen things he does

Back
Top Bottom