Match Thread Brighton & Hove Albion v. Sheffield United - 20th December 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BRI
BRI
BRI

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1608326000868.png v. 1608326005605.png
EPL Week 14 - Sunday 20th December 2020 - Amex Stadium

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/brighton-hove-albion-vs-sheffield-united.522/

Officials:

Referee:
Peter Bankes
Assistant Referee: Neil Davies
Assistant Referee: James Mainwaring
Fourth Official: Keith Stroud
Video Assistant Referee: Michael Oliver
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Peter Kirkup

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

1608326112125.png

I feel like they've a good chance here. A chance to get their first win and with Wilder having his hand forced to choose replacements for McBurnie or Berge, we could see something decent!

Strangely optimistic that the 3-2 loss will have given them some confidence that they can actually knock a goal or two in

Looks like Berge is out, which leaves us light in midfield.

I've watched Brighton a couple of times recently and they look extremely jumpy at the back when pressed. If we start off like we did against Man U then we have a very good chance. Their defenders try and play out of danger and they aren't that good at it. They have pace upfront, which is a worry but play like we did for the first 20 minutes against Man U then no problem. We really need to keep that press up for 50-60 minutes though.

Looks like Berge is out, which leaves us light in midfield.

I've watched Brighton a couple of times recently and they look extremely jumpy at the back when pressed. If we start off like we did against Man U then we have a very good chance. Their defenders try and play out of danger and they aren't that good at it. They have pace upfront, which is a worry but play like we did for the first 20 minutes against Man U then no problem. We really need to keep that press up for 50-60 minutes though.
Who would you bring in for berge?

For me I would keep rest of starting 11 from Man Utd game and bring in Osborn.

Bring in Osborn and move Ampadu to the right. I'd be shocked if Bruke and Didzy are both fit enough to start. He might rest them for Everton.

1-1 is my optimistic best case for this game. My realistic prediction is 2-0 with Maupay getting at least one.

If Mousset starts he’ll be blowing after 15 mins. We don’t have enough subs as it is.

Given the news today wondering if this will still be on? Can't see them being allowed fans in anyway now they're in tier 4.

I'm hoping it is on, feeling very cautiously optimist we might have a tiny bit of momentum after the improvements of thursday.

Given the news today wondering if this will still be on? Can't see them being allowed fans in anyway now they're in tier 4.

I'm hoping it is on, feeling very cautiously optimist we might have a tiny bit of momentum after the improvements of thursday.
Don't think it affects the matches,.players are all tested etc.
No fans though

Hoping so, was wondering about travel restrictions into/out of a tier 4 area. I imagine they'll already be down there though and stopping over.
Hadn't thought about travel.
Hopefully we are except from restrictions due to being going into a controlled environment??

Twas the week before Christmas and all through the house not a creature was stirring not even a Mouss...et.

This Match Preview video includes:
  • Man United de-brief
  • Team News for Brighton
  • Score Predictions
  • Memorable Matches
  • Player Connections

WATCH:

Twas the week before Christmas and all through the house not a creature was stirring not even a Mouss...et.

This Match Preview video includes:
  • Man United de-brief
  • Team News for Brighton
  • Score Predictions
  • Memorable Matches
  • Player Connections

WATCH:

9 on the bench tomorrow. We might actually see Bogle

Well despite a decent last 10 minutes (and decent first 15) the result on Thursday was as expected. At least we managed a couple of goals and maybe a little confidence can be taken from how we finished the game. Very important game today for those that want to still believe in the possibility of survival, and anything IS POSSIBLE.

But anyway...

Any team news?

Berge would seem to be out?

McBurnie still injured?

Personally, if Berge is not fit, I'd start with the team that finished against Manure. Whether that makes sense I dunno, but there seems little to lose now. I do like Burke though, and I think if he gets a goal he could perhaps go on a little run... Based on nothing lol. Anyway, Blades win. 1 nil. Burke scores

UTB

A draw seems a real possibility here but we desperately need more. We need to treat today like a cup final and give everything. We have an actual week off after this.

If we set up like we did against Southampton we’ll get nothing.
Nothing to lose now 3 up front, think everyone would like to see a didzy, Brewster, Burke combination.
Who knows with Wilder though, Burke starts a game then he’ll not be in the squad for a couple of weeks.
Realistically if Berge is out I imagine Norwood will replace him and it will be Didzy and Burke up top if fit.

If we set up like we did against Southampton we’ll get nothing.
Nothing to lose now 3 up front, think everyone would like to see a didzy, Brewster, Burke combination.
Who knows with Wilder though, Burke starts a game then he’ll not be in the squad for a couple of weeks.
Realistically if Berge is out I imagine Norwood will replace him and it will be Didzy and Burke up top if fit.
I've seen Currie in the stands last few matches and with Wilders team selections lately, I'd be surprised if he doesn't ask him to put his boots on.

We'll have barely any possession. Again. This is a side that isn't frightened of keeping the ball.

Brighton have runners for the simple ball over the top; the tactic that for some reason we simply can't fathom.

They also have some giants at the back that our short defenders won't be able to compete with when they are forward for set-pieces.

And, it's away from home where we have lately taken to surrendering meekly.

Usual result, and further ignominy, regrettably.

I just hope we go for it. Attack, attack, attack and if we get beat on the counter then so be it. What I hate is seeing us sitting deep, defending like nervous rabbits and always looking likely to concede at any given moment. It's torture, you watch it knowing exactly what is going to happen at some point. Fuck it, be brave, be bold and go for it. If we lose, we lose. At least we will have gone down with a fight.

We'll have barely any possession. Again. This is a side that isn't frightened of keeping the ball.

Brighton have runners for the simple ball over the top; the tactic that for some reason we simply can't fathom.

They also have some giants at the back that our short defenders won't be able to compete with when they are forward for set-pieces.

And, it's away from home where we have lately taken to surrendering meekly.

Usual result, and further ignominy, regrettably.
Yes I think they could really hurt us at set pieces

EprPpfEWMAAhtDl

Burke is very unlucky to not keep his place. Wtf is happening with lunny? If he's playing today why wasn't he on the bench against man u? Then we wouldn't have brought jags on.

Back
Top Bottom