Match Thread Brighton & Hove Albion v. Sheffield United - 12th November 2023

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BRI
BRI
BRI

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1699561995081.png vs. 1699562000385.png

Premier League Matchweek 12 - Sunday 12th November 2023 - 14:00 - Amex Stadium

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Player Ratings:

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/brighton-hove-albion-vs-sheffield-united.668/

Officials:

Referee: John Brooks
Assistants: Simon Bennett, Lee Betts
Fourth Official: Andy Madley
VAR: Chris Kavanagh
Assistant VAR: Marc Perry

🚗Matchday Parking:

Stuck for somewhere to park near the stadium? CLICK HERE for Just Park spaces in the area

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su
Threads: https://www.threads.net/@s24su
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/s24su/

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

VPNAd.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2023-11-09 at 20.32.53.png

VAR checked the late foul given outside the area, and ruled it as not being a penalty,
It wasn't even a free kick, as Thomas got the ball from the side,
So why can't VAR tell the ref he got it wrong , and they shouldn't have had the free kick
I'd have been Pissed Off if they had scored from the free kick.

Off the bottom now, The only way is up ( hopefully )

VAR checked the late foul given outside the area, and ruled it as not being a penalty,
So why can't VAR tell the ref he got it wrong , and they shouldn't have had the free kick

Because if they used the terrible Var for free kicks we would still be playing the crystal palace game!

We started today terribly got back into it before the break and for a spell looked like we could win it. A real shame Bournemouth won yesterday but a little unbeaten run before two season defining games...

My question is, why can’t we have this attacking intent from minute one? We’re not great defensively, the best defence is attack? Used to really annoy me with Warnock away from home in his Premier League Autograph hunting season, Hecky is even worse. For gods sake Hecky use today as an example.
We had a go second half against Newcastle, went to a back 4 and pressed high.

If it had been I side the box, would it have been overturned as Thomas clearly won the ball. He didn't raise his studs, collided with player in a 50 50 challenge. A penalty would, or could have been over turned but a dangerous free kick would not have. The many faults of VAR.

Because if they used the terrible Var for free kicks we would still be playing the crystal palace game!

We started today terribly got back into it before the break and for a spell looked like we could win it. A real shame Bournemouth won yesterday but a little unbeaten run before two season defining games...
Munksyb’s point still stands though. There are such inconsistencies as to what can be checked. If that tackle was originally given as a pen they WOULD have a) checked it was inside and b) whether it was a foul.

I was right next to the, er, singing section, but I still can't work out the words for that second half Fleetwood Mac cover version.

I think they tried the first few minutes, but Brighton just took control of the game and there isn't a lot you can do against their possession game. Defending the 0-1 until half time was the best thing to do, imo.
I don’t want them to go all out but don’t sit back
We had a go second half against Newcastle, went to a back 4 and pressed high.
I’m not saying we need suicide tactics, just being on the front foot more from the start.

Munksyb’s point still stands though. There are such inconsistencies as to what can be checked. If that tackle was originally given as a pen they WOULD have a) checked it was inside and b) whether it was a foul.
I'd have a review system like cricket so that could potentially be reviewed ( although how you restart of overturned I dunno) would limit checks to just obvious mistakes or close calls rather than EVERY goal

I don’t want them to go all out but don’t sit back

I’m not saying we need suicide tactics, just being on the front foot more from the start.
Completely disagree with all respect. BHA are a team with "crack" tactics that rely on being pressed high. Pressing them high is walking into trouble.

Was just chatting to a very eloquent and ardant BHA fan in the Evening Star, near the station. Which i forgot to recommend in whatever the pub thread was, because someone told me it had closed.

Anyway, very nice chat, he thought our tactics were good, describing it as doing 15 minutes on and 15 minutes off.... Not sure I quite agreed, but overall it's hard to argue about the tactics... Think it was the players fault that Brighton got a few very good chances first half.

Great point, but really thought we might win it! Was the a Bogle (drag wide) chance at 1-1?

Good point away there, we could have been dead and buried 1st half but did much better 2nd.

Disappointing to not have more than 1 shot on target with them down to 10 men for 20 mins or so but Bogle should have buried that 2nd chance.

Wes MoM first half and then Hamer, Bogle and McAtee seemed to wake up 2nd half.

An encouraging view from a neutral.....

Michael Beardmore, BBC Sport

"No one of a Sheffield United persuasion is under any illusions about the difficulty of the Blades' task of maintaining their Premier League status.

But if they are to achieve that mission, it won't be enough simply to pick up points against their fellow strugglers - you need surprise results elsewhere too.

Bournemouth's win over Newcastle and Luton's draw with Liverpool were recent cases in point.

And while the Blades' point at Brighton might not steal as many headlines as those aforementioned two results, it was nevertheless impressive.

They could have been blown away by the Seagulls' storming start but Paul Heckingbottom's side are clearly warming to their top-flight task.

Four points from six is a huge boost before what cannot be dressed up as anything other than a massive fortnight after the international break - Bournemouth's visit to Bramall Lane followed by a trip to Burnley."

if you want people to say nice things about you in this league you have to get results

"The only way is up!"
I said this after the game, to my Seagulls supporting brother-in law, on the drive back to London, and realised that, as we are now off the bottom, its not actually true!?!

Back
Top Bottom