Match Thread Brighton & Hove Albion v. Sheffield United - 12th November 2023

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BRI
BRI
BRI

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1699561995081.png vs. 1699562000385.png

Premier League Matchweek 12 - Sunday 12th November 2023 - 14:00 - Amex Stadium

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Player Ratings:

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/brighton-hove-albion-vs-sheffield-united.668/

Officials:

Referee: John Brooks
Assistants: Simon Bennett, Lee Betts
Fourth Official: Andy Madley
VAR: Chris Kavanagh
Assistant VAR: Marc Perry

🚗Matchday Parking:

Stuck for somewhere to park near the stadium? CLICK HERE for Just Park spaces in the area

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su
Threads: https://www.threads.net/@s24su
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/s24su/

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

VPNAd.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2023-11-09 at 20.32.53.png

A point and I would be over the moon. This game is about keeping the confidence high for Bournemouth and Burnley.

Brighton were the only team who played us in both seasons in our last PL stint and did not beat us: we won 1-0 twice and there were 2 1-1 draws.

Tough ask to extend that run, but not impossible.

John Brooks.......did our home game against Crystal Palace he really likes giving fouls to convincing divers.

He dont like being poked 👉

😂

1699608550005.jpeg

Unsurprisingly Mersin saying the win papered over the cracks and we won due to a dubious pen.

I find this inaccurate. Whilst the first half was cagey, United were by far the best team in the second half. Whilst an unlucky defeat is a helpful narrative from Wolves’ part there it overlooks the fact we could have been awarded 3 penalties.

Had the ref given handball for the first which bounced up, for the second when he was diving across I think VAR would have struggled just as much to overturn a positive decision.

The first hit his hand and I thought it was a little elevated. If it’s a pen against John Egan v Man City, then that was also a pen. The second was a bit difficult to see with the black shorts but diving across and even a hint of handball should be a penalty with it so clearly being an unnatural position. If they’d have refered him to the monitor, especially the first, then it would have been given, I’m convinced.

So 4-1 with 3 penalties involved and they have been saying what a comprehensive win it was. The Baldock one was definitely in the ‘seen them given’. For those not having an issue with Jebbison grazing the City player in the semi, they should have no problem with that one, regardless lf the supposed admission of error.

So, no, I’m afraid. It didn’t paper over the cracks and anyone suggesting otherwise is at best lazy.

Got a feeling in my groin this might be a good day for us. Can see us getting a useful result.
Would have loved to have been there but, alas, just can't do it.
Enjoy it to all those travelling.
utb

Got a feeling in my groin this might be a good day for us. Can see us getting a useful result.
Would have loved to have been there but, alas, just can't do it.
Enjoy it to all those travelling.
utb
My mind's telling me no, but my body... my body's telling me yes

Dunk injured is a big blow for them. They do have pretty decent cover but he's the captain etc.

My mind's telling me no, but my body... my body's telling me yes
I know what you mean pal.
Trouble is as you get older you get a feeling like that and it just turns out to be trapped wind.
I'll see what the voices in my head tell me on Sunday morning and hope I don't end up on Crimewatch again.
utb

Anyone know what's happened to Jebbo ! Was injured then ill then nothing at all! Is it an Ndiiah situation or is he still ill?.
When interviewed no one asks Hecki and Hecki is very uncooperative about ,players who aren't available for one reason or another.
Just seems a bit strange a potentially good player but zilch infor.
If he's still ill ! OK !
Louie Marsh is another who seems to be forgotten after he's broken arm.
Maybe the club could do more regarding young players out injured.
I would think ! More than me shows an interest in these young fringe players.

Hecki has said himself young players can easily be forgotten ! So how about some information on them! Don't want a forensic breakdown ,just an update on there progress.
He's not just team manager but heads the football side of the club so he will or should have updates on all players.
Not a rant just a thirst for info .

I feel positive about this. Brighton are inconsistent, and you have to think the team will be feeling confident after beating Wolves.

I am gonna stick my neck out and say "2-0 to us"

Match report as Wolves scored two stoppage-time goals to beat Tottenham 2-1; Spurs were forced into four changes but led early thanks to Brennan Johnson; Wolves missed several chances before Pablo Sarabia and Mario Lemina struck in injury-time to stop Spurs going top of the table

Anyone know what's happened to Jebbo ! Was injured then ill then nothing at all! Is it an Ndiiah situation or is he still ill?.
When interviewed no one asks Hecki and Hecki is very uncooperative about ,players who aren't available for one reason or another.
Just seems a bit strange a potentially good player but zilch infor.
If he's still ill ! OK !
Louie Marsh is another who seems to be forgotten after he's broken arm.
Maybe the club could do more regarding young players out injured.
I would think ! More than me shows an interest in these young fringe players.

Hecki has said himself young players can easily be forgotten ! So how about some information on them! Don't want a forensic breakdown ,just an update on there progress.
He's not just team manager but heads the football side of the club so he will or should have updates on all players.
Not a rant just a thirst for info .

There have been several rumours ranging from injury or some sort of illness to he's refusing to play till we pay him, no one knows

Newcastle looked slow due to Europe and injuries, Brighton have similar problems. Let's hope they are slow too. This "should " be a great time to play them. Are we up for it? First 10 mins will tell.

Back
Top Bottom