Outgoing? Brewster to Fenerbache (loan)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

That's how a lot of the nicknames in Italy work:

Roma: Giallorossi - yellow & reds
AC Milan: Rossoneri - red & blacks
Inter & Atalanta: Nerazzuri - black & royal blues
Fiorentina: Viola - purples
Bologna & Genoa: Rossoblu - red & blues
Parma: Gialloblu - yellow & blues
Lazio: Biancocelesti - white & skyblues
Sassuolo: Neroverdi - green & blacks

There are some exceptions (Napoli - Partenopei, Juventus - la vecchia signora) but the majority are the colours of the shirts.
Juve are quite often referred to as "I Bianconeri" in general conversation also.

Brewster really worries me. I know McBurnie gets some amount of stick on here, but I have at least seen flashes of a good player. He has had good games for us.

Brewster really hasn't. I'm yet to work out what his positive attributes are. He isn't overly fast, strong, a great ball carrier, hard working and his movement hasn't been good. I'm desperately hoping he'll change in a new side, but really it's only based on blind faith and his reputation. I still wouldn't support a loan move, but right now he has a hell of a lot to do.

I don't understand the blind faith in Brewster based on 22 games, mostly in empty stadiums in, what people keep saying is a poor league.

But I also don't understand how planes stay in the air and I just saw one flying so who knows?

And don't try to talk to Dronnie about McBurnie. Waste of time
A plane's engines are designed to move it forward at high speed. That makes air flow rapidly over the wings, which throw the air down toward the ground, generating an upward force called lift that overcomes the plane's weight and holds it in the sky. ... The wings force the air downward and that pushes the plane upward.

Hope that helps 😀 UTB

A plane's engines are designed to move it forward at high speed. That makes air flow rapidly over the wings, which throw the air down toward the ground, generating an upward force called lift that overcomes the plane's weight and holds it in the sky. ... The wings force the air downward and that pushes the plane upward.

Hope that helps 😀 UTB
Sorted, I'll get my money on Brewster for top scorer 👍👍😂😂

Hope that helps 😀 UTB

I can barely remember Brewster getting a clear chance last season. We were so poor in the final third it's criminal of us to lay any blame at our strikers feet.

Jebbison is of course part of our future but his immediate future should lay in league 1 to get a full season of regular games.

Brewster needs an early goal next season and I bet he'll kick on in the championship and we'll see the player we hoped we'd bought.
We all see stuff differently of course, but I see this as Brewster not showing the instinct to be in the right places, like Sharp does (and Jebbison did in his cameo). Hopefully that will come, because we paid enough for him.

We all see stuff differently of course, but I see this as Brewster not showing the instinct to be in the right places, like Sharp does (and Jebbison did in his cameo). Hopefully that will come, because we paid enough for him.
Very true, and I agree there is of course an element of Brewster failing to read some situations etc.

However, I think there are so many factors to consider when assessing him, a very young player with limited exposure to first team football, never mind Premier League football;
  • RB didn't set his price tag, but it would have been a weight on his shoulders
  • I think we saw him try too hard, too desperate to score, affecting his natural instincts (like Billy Sharp in his early years with us)
  • He was playing PL football for the first time
  • He was playing PL football first time for a struggling team
  • He was playing PL football first time in a unique system
  • He was playing PL football first time in front of empty stadiums - no buzz of being received by a new clubs supporters, thats huge
  • We did see glimpses of how he wants to play, long range efforts, snap shots, attempted chip finishes - a confident RB maybe puts those the right side of the post
  • He was being rotated with 4/5 other strikers
  • We didn't create clear chances
All the above, and he was only 20 years old. There are loads of players who struggle first season at new clubs, especially those under the spotlight because of price tags, then the next season when the focus has shifted to others, they relax and play their natural game and flourish.

For some of our fans to write off a 20 year old, who has shown he will score at Championship level, is criminal. He'll start next season 21 years of age, a full career in front of him having come through the youth system at Chelsea and Liverpool, imagine what he could become in a confident team, with supporters behind him and the team in the stadium. He's our future.

I should be his agent haha.

be interesting to see where slav sees brewster in his preferred front 3 does he play him as the central striker or does he play him as a wide striker 🤔

Very true, and I agree there is of course an element of Brewster failing to read some situations etc.

However, I think there are so many factors to consider when assessing him, a very young player with limited exposure to first team football, never mind Premier League football;
  • RB didn't set his price tag, but it would have been a weight on his shoulders
  • I think we saw him try too hard, too desperate to score, affecting his natural instincts (like Billy Sharp in his early years with us)
  • He was playing PL football for the first time
  • He was playing PL football first time for a struggling team
  • He was playing PL football first time in a unique system
  • He was playing PL football first time in front of empty stadiums - no buzz of being received by a new clubs supporters, thats huge
  • We did see glimpses of how he wants to play, long range efforts, snap shots, attempted chip finishes - a confident RB maybe puts those the right side of the post
  • He was being rotated with 4/5 other strikers
  • We didn't create clear chances
All the above, and he was only 20 years old. There are loads of players who struggle first season at new clubs, especially those under the spotlight because of price tags, then the next season when the focus has shifted to others, they relax and play their natural game and flourish.

For some of our fans to write off a 20 year old, who has shown he will score at Championship level, is criminal. He'll start next season 21 years of age, a full career in front of him having come through the youth system at Chelsea and Liverpool, imagine what he could become in a confident team, with supporters behind him and the team in the stadium. He's our future.

I should be his agent haha.
I think it’s been difficult for him but I suspect that once he’s scored in front of a full kop things will feel much better for him.

Hope that helps 😀 UTB

I'll have to look further into this, I genuinely thought it was magic.

The comparison between Brewster and Jebbison i find interesting and wonder how much the players situation has to do with opinions, perhaps subconsciously...

I'm aware this is hypothetical, but let's say Brewster was a blade, and come through our academy, and let's say his 1 in 2 scoring season was on loan in League 1, we then chucked him into the first team in our dire season and he's struggled.

How many would be writing him off completely and wanting him sold, and how many would be backing him to come good and give a chance?

The transfer fee, the fact he's got pedigree often overwrites the fact he's 20. To write him off just feels wrong to me.

The comparison between Brewster and Jebbison i find interesting and wonder how much the players situation has to do with opinions, perhaps subconsciously...

I'm aware this is hypothetical, but let's say Brewster was a blade, and come through our academy, and let's say his 1 in 2 scoring season was on loan in League 1, we then chucked him into the first team in our dire season and he's struggled.

How many would be writing him off completely and wanting him sold, and how many would be backing him to come good and give a chance?

The transfer fee, the fact he's got pedigree often overwrites the fact he's 20. To write him off just feels wrong to me.
To write him off isn't wrong. Its stupidity.

Hope that helps 😀 UTB

I've learnt more about physics in that post than I did at school.

I've learnt more about physics in that post than I did at school.
This is a better way of explaining it.

Airplane wings are shaped to make air move faster over the top of the wing. When air moves faster, the pressure of the air decreases. So the pressure on the top of the wing is less than the pressure on the bottom of the wing. The difference in pressure creates a force on the wing that lifts the wing up into the air.

Diagram of how air flows over and under airfoil

Here is a simple computer simulation that you can use to explore how wings make lift.

Airplane wings are shaped to make air move faster over the top of the wing. When air moves faster, the pressure of the air decreases. So the pressure on the top of the wing is less than the pressure on the bottom of the wing. The difference in pressure creates a force on the wing that lifts the wing up into the air.

Here is a simple computer simulation that you can use to explore how wings make lift.

Throw in a double slotted Fowler system with a droop flap leading edge and the real interesting stuff starts.

Hope that helps 😀 UTB
What a load of tosh. If that was true a bumblebee wouldn't fly. Also, how do you account for UFOs? :)

Hope that helps 😀 UTB
This isn’t actually correct. A wing is shaped so that air travelling over the top of the wing,as the plane flies forwards, has further to travel than air travelling underneath. This produces a lower air pressure above the wing than below it and so generates lift. It is nothing to do with forcing air downwards.

Yes , it’s all about the wind beneath the wings .

Did you ever know that you’re my hero ? :D

I suggest you rethink you response & focus on the general meaning of my point which I'm sure is clear enough. Stop behaving like a dickhead you little girl........You are trying to turn my words into something which they aren't.
Finally "who do you think you are dictating to me". Bellend...... Fuck off!!!!!
:) Yeah, I'm not normally like that, don't usually swear on here really. IMO he's out of order blurting an obscenity like that at me wether he agrees or not. As I said ,he was making it into something else. No offence was intended to anyone & he ought to be bright enough to take that on board.

He reminds me of Ched. Awful until we dropped a division.

Back
Top Bottom