Brewster to blame?.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Strikers need Service !!!
You have to give them the ball in critical areas. Brewster has received very little service in the limited time on the pitch. There is a player in there but this is not the way to bring him along.

Strikers need Service !!!
You have to give them the ball in critical areas. Brewster has received very little service in the limited time on the pitch. There is a player in there but this is not the way to bring him along.

Agreed strikers need service but they also need pace and skill to be effective in the Premier league

Look at the two goals Southampton scored against us for example, the run for the penalty and the shot from Adams, put brewster in the exact same position as the Southampton players for both and nothing would have happened.

Last edited:
If we had paid £5-8mill then yes, canny business as a "development" player.
But £23mill?
Fuck me!
And all he does is stroll about like he couldnt be arsed and regrets coming here.
Is that Brewster's fault? Look at our strikers, we don't score many from open play. How would you feel as a 20 year old getting abused? Grow up man

£20+ Mill and tbh I am less than impressed.
It appears that the Prince feels the same.
Has the Brewster signing cost Chris his job?

For me Brewster needs to seriously step up to the mark, show why Chris bought him and start playing and acting like a £20mill player or if not I suggest he makes a sharp exit before the fans return.
Acting like Mcburnie then ?😱

Brewster didn’t stick the stupidly high price tag on his own head, nor did he advise the club to pay it.

Brewster also didn’t insist we sign a handful of other big money flops either.

The reason we are where we are IMO is due to the fact that Wilder has wasted a hell of a lot of money on signings that haven’t worked out and given that we’ve already borrowed against next seasons parachute payments, the Prince doesn’t want him to waste anymore.

He’s 20, he’s one for the next few years, leave the kid alone, the whole squad collectively haven’t been good enough

Agree.....I remember at the time of the signing......everyone was getting excited talking like he’s Michael Owen.
Many Bladed said “there no way we’ll buy hIm because we don’t have the ambition”
and “he’s a top striker so pay him whatever he wants“. and “even if we pay 30 million we’ll easily get our money back”.

At the time I warmed people that Brewster has never even played in the PL and is likely to struggle this season.
I explained that Brewster is an investment for the future. Several experts are convinced he’ll go to the top
but we need to wait 2 or 3 years to start seeing his potential.

When you have a midfield consisting of a contract misfit, a centre midfielder who tackles like a girl and a left midfielder misfiring too any Striker would struggle. You are basically asking strikers to create their own chances. When you have to rely on wingbacks to get the crosses in because of a missing midfield is it a wonder where we are.

with Brewster to quote someone else "Poor Kid".

I honestly thought I'd read all of the most ridiculous reactions possible. And yet here we are. Thinking that the signing of a young prospect that the board signed off on is why he's gone.

While we're at it. I reckon the only reason we're struggling is the absence of the '£3 a programme , programmes ms three quid' man. He's the real brains of the operation and is the main go between for wilder and the Prince. Unfortunately without him at matches the writing was on the wall for Wilder.

For me Brewster needs to seriously step up to the mark, show why Chris bought him and start playing and acting like a £20mill player or if not I suggest he makes a sharp exit before the fans return.
No. Simple as. One player decision doesnt not make a chairman want to sack/force a manager out.

Yes let’s put the blame on a 20 year old kid.

First off, 20 mill isn't big money in the world of Premier League strikers & you can't blame the kid for the price paid.
Once you have invested in him though you need to give him a chance to succeed & I really don't think he was given much of a chance.

Brewster became a stick to beat Wilder with in the boardroom.

Not the players fault per se but that’s how it is.

Brewster was Wilders Kryptonite in the same way Hammond was to Adkins.

The evidence for this is out there.

UTB

Reckon nailed on for Brewster to score his first goal for us tomorrow

He’s not up to the required standard - my eyes don’t lie to me.....he has showed nothing.

What planet are some people from? blaming Brewster for getting relegated.
Yes Brewster has not done much a lot of other player haven,t either.

The lad looks devoid of confidence and utterly confused by the system and how to operate in it.

He should have been playing U23's football regularly all season to help build some form, confidence and understanding of how the 3-5-2 system works.

Watch Brewdog go on a tear now and score a handful in last 10 games

Back
Top Bottom