Brewster to blame?.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

PTBlade

Retired
Reaction score
£20+ Mill and tbh I am less than impressed.
It appears that the Prince feels the same.
Has the Brewster signing cost Chris his job?

For me Brewster needs to seriously step up to the mark, show why Chris bought him and start playing and acting like a £20mill player or if not I suggest he makes a sharp exit before the fans return.

For me Brewster needs to seriously step up to the mark, show why Chris bought him and start playing and acting like a £20mill player or if not I suggest he makes a sharp exit before the fans return
No

If we had paid £5-8mill then yes, canny business as a "development" player.
But £23mill?
Fuck me!
And all he does is stroll about like he couldnt be arsed and regrets coming here.

Currently his reputation precedes him
If he bangs 20+ goals next season you could argue he is as valuable as Watkins which is a similar price villa paid
It was a risk, a gable, but it’s hard to judge him on this seasons, a season where they have all underperformed

I’ll hold out some hope that Rhian will come good.

BUT.

I have zero doubt that the OP hits on something that will have been discussed in the boardroom.

Zero.

UTB.

For me Brewster needs to seriously step up to the mark, show why Chris bought him and start playing and acting like a £20mill player or if not I suggest he makes a sharp exit before the fans return.
Yes. You look at Brewster and think £24m? is this the best you could do?

On the other hand, this is a logical error - the failure was the Board's in not providing a decent wage package, meaning we got to 48h before the end of the transfer window having missed out on all of Wilder's targets - the players who could have made a difference.

Maybe a different approach might get Brewster and McBurnie firing?

My view.

The fee isn't his fault. He's gone from being a prospect (I know a few Liverpool fans who were actually quite gutted he left) to being a bigger Fish in a smaller pond, something it turns out he wasn't ready for (IMHO and with hindsight).

None of us knew the signing was going to go this catastrophically wrong, to be fair none of us knew this season was going to go this catastrophically wrong.

But we are where we are, when you follow the Blades it was ever thus.

All this talk of front doors and back doors, well we fans don't get to choose the door. We stick with what we have and make the best of it, hoping for better days to come.

They will come

Wilder did say Rhian was a group decision on buying him.

He's a young lad.
He didn't ask for the price tag.
He's playing in a terrible side that creates nothing.
He's paid well, but it was still a ballsy career move to go on a permanent for first-team football - he could've happily milked it on the loan scene like a Chelsea youngster for the next 4-5 years.

We've been let down by players far more senior in years and experience than Brewster - he walked into a complete shitshow and doesn't deserve to bear the brunt of any fallout. I can name several players who need to take a look at themselves way before him - in fact he'd be near the back of my queue.

Signed for the future when we really needed someone here and now
That sentence only got rolled out. When we all realised he was out of his depth ‘poor kid’, but truth is we all like Wilder clutched at this straw.

Players to blame pretty much all of them McBurnie, Lunny, Norwood, Rammers (early poor form), Stevens, Fleck, all poor compared to last year.

But the absolute last thing we needed was Wilder to go. Please stop this madness now.

Despite his upfront fee, Brewster was probably one of Wilder's only options he was allowed to sign. Sufc were linked with some good strikers, but sometimes it is a cheaper option for owners to risk a high upfront fee for a player on moderately low wages than sign a proven player for a lower fee but pay them premier league wages. I think Abdullah is going to seriously regret Wilder leaving after a couple of seasons.

I must have missed something. What has the Prince said about Brewster?

Lord above, a new low.

Wilder takes full responsibility for every signing he’s made,that’s just being a manager.

I thought I was the worst poster on here.
I was wrong.

Back
Top Bottom