Brewster again!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Will uniteds youngsters ultimately end up better players who knows I hope they will. Are they currently? No. For context when mousset played for the 23s he was head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch in terms of quality and he looks like a lame duck for the seniors. The jump is massive.
He looks a class above brewster when he is fit

Last edited:

Can you name one match where he has been given the correct service I genuinely can’t think of a game where he’s been given a chance on a plate

Yes he’s looked poor whilst looking good in short spells the lads 20 give him chance next season if he doesn’t perform then we can start slagging
I’m honestly not here to kick the boy when he’s down but you need to be sharp and on your toes when you’re going to be outnumbered in the box but know that our main game plan is to get wide and play a ball on the floor for someone. I’ve never seen him come close to even think about making a run for a one touch finish from a cut back. The pup who made his debut today looked more lively, for example. Not saying one will usurp the other. I just think it’s strange. I’d expect them to do a hundred monotonous drills in training to steal that yard you need. . . And to be fair it’s not just RB, I could say the same about any of the forwards. . . Whilst also admitting that the ball in the box has been rare this year.

My concern on Brewster is that he might think he’s already earned his place as an established footballer above the likes of SUFC like greenwood, rashford, et al.

He needs to look at players like Ivan Tony who proved himself in L1, wasn’t thought worth a risk to PL clubs and ended up in the Championship but rolled his sleeves up at Brentford and set about proving himself to the big doubters. He’s probs doubled his worth in a season.

Brewster lacks confidence but I also see bad attitude and laziness on the pitch that needs knocking out of him. But before that can happen he needs to lift his head and realise the only way he’s going anywhere is by earning it not by being around successful clubs and players for his entire early career.

Can you name one match where he has been given the correct service I genuinely can’t think of a game where he’s been given a chance on a plate

Yes he’s looked poor whilst looking good in short spells the lads 20 give him chance next season if he doesn’t perform then we can start slagging

Bristol City at home. Missed 3 sitters put on a plate.

I don’t know what you’ve done there but the quote you’ve attributed to me isn’t mine?

I think we’ve seen enough now. Nowt to do with service or style of play, it’s all about attitude and effort and I saw plenty tonight, not from Brewster sadly as he was rightly kept away from the action. Get rid for anything above a couple of million quid , you live and learn. Sorry son, but you fucked it up big time.

I think we’ve seen enough now. Nowt to do with service or style of play, it’s all about attitude and effort and I saw plenty tonight, not from Brewster sadly as he was rightly kept away from the action. Get rid for anything above a couple of million quid , you live and learn. Sorry son, but you fucked it up big time.
Spot on, too many on here have excused his awful performances. Jebbs put him to shame tonight

I think its a good thing Jebbison doing so well this game, its should push Brewster to improve, the marker has been set and its now down to Rhian to match it.

I also think the 343 we played today would work better for Brewster, especially cutting in from the left.

I think that Brewster will come good next season to be fair. He came in late in the transfer window and even though Wilder stamped and screamed for his signature, he threw him under the bus. He never played him enough to get him used to a system that more experienced players have had difficulty in adapting to, and if it is to be believed, even thought he should go out on loan to a championship side to gain confidence. And before people start saying how much better Jebbison looked in that system, he’s been playing it for 2 years, and it shows. Brewster must be at his lowest in terms of confidence but it’s not a time to kick him when he is down, and as Blades we should know better than that anyway. We need to get behind him and hope he produces next season. People like Heckinbottom and Didzy cant be wrong when they say he is the most natural finisher they have seen for his age.

Reactions: Gee

Back
Top Bottom