Match Thread Brentford v. Sheffield United - 13th April 2024

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BREN
BREN
BREN

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1712779668487.png vs 1712779674925.png

Premier League Matchweek 33 - Saturday 13th April 2024 - 15:00 - Gtec Community Stadium
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Player Ratings:
Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/brentford-vs-sheffield-united.689/

Officials:

Referee: Sam Barrott
Assistants: Eddie Smart, Nick Greenhalgh
Fourth Official: Gavin Ward
VAR: David Coote
Assistant VAR: Mark Scholes

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su
Threads: https://www.threads.net/@s24su
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/s24su/

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

VPNAd.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2024-04-10 at 21.09.54.png

Mike Dean just said no foul on McBurnie!!

It was a slight contact with mcburnie but the initial foul was slight contact on the free kick so evens out

DISALLOWED GOAL​

Brentford 1-0 Sheff Utd
Mikkel Damsgaard's goal is ruled out for a foul in the build-up after a VAR check.

Much to the dismay of Sky Sports…

View attachment 182026

To be fair, I agree.

It possibly was a soft foul, more because their player isn't looking at the ball more than anything. But is that really a clear and obvious error, worthy of stopping the game for 5 minutes and chalking off a goal? Is it really worth causing all the chaos in our game for these decisions?

Very poor in and out of possession we have made Brentford look decent we should be taking something from teams like this especially after some decent displays recently

Only seen the second half. We're crap but we're a lot better than we were previously i.e.6 weeks ago. Arblaster looks the real deal.

Have to say it, Brereton-Daiz has been a very good signing, but in front of goal today he's had an absolute stinker.

He should have scored a couple already.

The goal against was just hugely unfortunate and as per usual, now that we are chasing we can't help but chuck one away.

That was truly awful defending all round. Who was Anel picking up? Just stood in space daydreaming and left it all to Arblaster.

Don't know why Wilder had to force the issue. Larouci was doing fine. Why did he have to fuck around with it?

To be fair, I agree.

It possibly was a soft foul, more because their player isn't looking at the ball more than anything. But is that really a clear and obvious error, worthy of stopping the game for 5 minutes and chalking off a goal? Is it really worth causing all the chaos in our game for these decisions?
No issue chalking it off against Brentford, but if that's a foul then so is Van Dyke on Anel for the Liverpool goal. That's what gets you.

Onyeka as well. How ironic. That dirty bastard should have seen red last time.

I would love to see what defensive training we do during the week. Our back line don't look like they've ever met never mind played together!
To be fair they've not got much quality to practice defending against in training. Can't imagine oli norwood and Ben osborn being able to replicate what other teams will do against us in a training exercise 😂.

Pretty poor quality game from two poor sides.
Was so tight I thought we could have snatched a win tbh but we didn’t seem capable of making the right decision at crucial times.
Thought Brentford were there for the taking.
We see again how we have no strength in depth.
BBD was finished after 60 mins. Mcatee did nothing at all when we needed him to step up.
Brentford’s vaunted front three were toothless, except for some good swan diving from Mbuemo.
Arblaster showed some nice skills and was really unlucky with the deflection.That huge slice of luck for Brentford decided the game in effect.
Saying all that we never really looked like scoring apart from the BBD early chance.
Thomas Frank’s gum salesman must be a rich man.

To be fair, I agree.

Part of the problem with VAR is refs just not making decisions in the first place because they have that as a back up. It was a cynical foul to create the space for their player to shoot through, the ref should have blown for it before the ball even reached the Brentford guy to shoot.

It's one of those "that's what happens when you're at the bottom" results.

I didn't think they were any better than we were, but they get a huge slice of luck that deflects right into the corner. Same with Liverpool, deflects in the goal.

Teams who are not in our position and it hits the post and comes out or skims wide.

That's deflating. I really thought we might win back to back games with Burnley next and make a fight of it.

We had chances to be leading at half time. But we just didn't take them.

But we just don't pick up points. We've literally got to be the best team for a while like against Fulham and Chelsea to even get a draw. We seem totally incapable of picking up the odd point in a balanced game. A win seems miles off and it looks like we have no senior right back anymore either. Could this season get any worse?

Started brightly firstv10/15 minutes,looked encouraging,but then started to lose our way making bad decisions and losing possession..never really tested their keeper really disappointing, but roll on next season.

We are so woefully inadequate for this league, we are at best upper championship quality with at best upper championship players, we have no star players, for me, our player of the season is Robinson, which sums it up really.
There needs to be a clear out next season, I think holgate has done slightly enough for a bid but hopefully there's better options, Brereton Diaz, who's lethargic demeanor reminds me a little of Waddle, is worth a bid, but not for daft money, I think a few, like hamer and arblaster would look good against less able players, hopefully ahmedodzic can find himself another club, but above all we need to swallow our pride and get shut of Grbic

Have to say it, Brereton-Daiz has been a very good signing, but in front of goal today he's had an absolute stinker.

He should have scored a couple already.

The goal against was just hugely unfortunate and as per usual, now that we are chasing we can't help but chuck one away.

That was truly awful defending all round. Who was Anel picking up? Just stood in space daydreaming and left it all to Arblaster.

Don't know why Wilder had to force the issue. Larouci was doing fine. Why did he have to fuck around with it?
He fucks around with it because he thinks he’s a tactical genius. He’s a Premiership manager you know.

Decent first half ended up being well beaten. Holgate and Arblaster best players today.

Back
Top Bottom