Match Thread Brentford v. Sheffield United - 13th April 2024

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BREN
BREN
BREN

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1712779668487.png vs 1712779674925.png

Premier League Matchweek 33 - Saturday 13th April 2024 - 15:00 - Gtec Community Stadium
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Player Ratings:
Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/brentford-vs-sheffield-united.689/

Officials:

Referee: Sam Barrott
Assistants: Eddie Smart, Nick Greenhalgh
Fourth Official: Gavin Ward
VAR: David Coote
Assistant VAR: Mark Scholes

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su
Threads: https://www.threads.net/@s24su
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/s24su/

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

VPNAd.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2024-04-10 at 21.09.54.png

We looked really poor today, all over the pitch, can't wait for the summer clear-out and to see what Wilder will bring to the table for next season - hopefully straight back up
First half we dominated.

Pretty poor quality game from two poor sides.
Was so tight I thought we could have snatched a win tbh but we didn’t seem capable of making the right decision at crucial times.
Thought Brentford were there for the taking.
We see again how we have no strength in depth.
BBD was finished after 60 mins. Mcatee did nothing at all when we needed him to step up.
Brentford’s vaunted front three were toothless, except for some good swan diving from Mbuemo.
Arblaster showed some nice skills and was really unlucky with the deflection.That huge slice of luck for Brentford decided the game in effect.
Saying all that we never really looked like scoring apart from the BBD early chance.
Thomas Frank’s gum salesman must be a rich man.
Today reminded me why I'll not be bothered if McB doesn't resign. He was completely useless

Decent first half ended up being well beaten. Holgate and Arblaster best players today.

Sorry cant agree with Arblaster... not even including his own goal, thought he was pretty poor today got knocked off the ball fairly easily and passed it away several times also.

And this is perfectly fine!!! He's still young and will have inconsistencies but lets not say he had a good game every game... just because he's one of our own!

(Actually think in 2nd half he was still struggling from the knock that kept him down a while in the 1st half.)

One thing I’ll say for Wilder, he’s well within his rights to expect much more from Mcatee and Archer today.

Two very good players, there’s only so much a manager can do by putting the players on and giving them the opportunity to hurt the opposition. Their contribution today was pathetic.

Usual crap, terrible ball distribution and makes easy saves look hard.
Anything decent on target and it's a goal
Yep, the closing down of Maupay is the only piece of genuinely impressive goalkeeping I’ve seen from him since he signed.

Today was better though albeit against a weak opposition imo, maybe gives some hope that he can be a passable back up for next season.

You f******* us****** w*******

You’re a complete f****** Sh*** house 🏠 and a total Ti* wa** of a ***t.

Just P** and s** off

There , that’s better

T**t
It's not quite up to your usual standard but it'll do, I suppose.

Sorry cant agree with Arblaster... not even including his own goal, thought he was pretty poor today got knocked off the ball fairly easily and passed it away several times also.

And this is perfectly fine!!! He's still young and will have inconsistencies but lets not say he had a good game every game... just because he's one of our own!

(Actually think in 2nd half he was still struggling from the knock that kept him down a while in the 1st half.)

Pass completion 2nd after a Brentford centre half. Stats apart, I thought he showed a number of impressive things again, although a few things didn't come off.

1713026467404.png

Also not just looking at stats, the lack of composure and quality on the ball from Grbic, Trusty and Larouci was a bit uncomfortable to watch. It becomes a bigger problem when two or three players lacking composure are positioned close to each other on the pitch. It leads to a lack of balance, predictability and makes it more difficult to get passing moves going all over the pitch.

I thought it was a good chance to get an away win today, but we weren't at our best.

He lacks the physical ability for me especially when our midfield is hamer and Ozzy! When people talk about the premier league being a physical league it isn't the two footed tackles anymore.

As you say. He's young that's normal. It's something we need to address in the summer with players around him

One thing I’ll say for Wilder, he’s well within his rights to expect much more from Mcatee and Archer today.

Two very good players, there’s only so much a manager can do by putting the players on and giving them the opportunity to hurt the opposition. Their contribution today was pathetic.
I've been really disappointed with Macca this last month or so, it'll be interesting where he goes on loan next. He looks miles away from a city start.

Pass completion 2nd after a Brentford centre half. Stats apart, I thought he showed a number of impressive things again, although a few things didn't come off.

View attachment 182031

Also not just looking at stats, the lack of composure and quality on the ball from Grbic, Trusty and Larouci was a bit uncomfortable to watch. It becomes a bigger problem when two or three players lacking composure are positioned close to each other on the pitch. It leads to a lack of balance, predictability and makes it more difficult to get passing moves going all over the pitch.

I thought it was a good chance to get an away win today, but we weren't at our best.
We haven't got our best!!

We are so woefully inadequate for this league, we are at best upper championship quality with at best upper championship players, we have no star players, for me, our player of the season is Robinson, which sums it up really.
There needs to be a clear out next season, I think holgate has done slightly enough for a bid but hopefully there's better options, Brereton Diaz, who's lethargic demeanor reminds me a little of Waddle, is worth a bid, but not for daft money, I think a few, like hamer and arblaster would look good against less able players, hopefully ahmedodzic can find himself another club, but above all we need to swallow our pride and get shut of Grbic
Brereton-Diaz isn't coming, not a chance. How often do we sign loan players that have been successful and fitted in well at the club?
I said it last week, if he was absolute dogshit we'd be signing him to give our fans a "lift" for next season.
But anything average or heaven forbid above average and we've no chance.

I've been really disappointed with Macca this last month or so, it'll be interesting where he goes on loan next. He looks miles away from a city start.
The only city’s he’ll start for are if he goes to Leicester or Bristol next.

He’s good but he’ll never start regular for Man City

Mcburnie, Brewster & Archer £69 million = 34 goals in 235 games!!

£60 million at 《 6.5 goals per season. Ridiculous

I've witnessed the two most spineless performances of my 65 years watching #sufc this year.
Man City away then Arsenal who wiped out #WankerWilders imbecilic selection in 15 minutes.
That team sheet is SO depressing.
Been annoyed by bad selections before from Edwards etc left out but FFS this could be my most deflated.
What does #WankerWilder have to do to get booted out???
🥱

I just enjoyed us being in a game for so long, looking like an equal. We had a couple of nice moves where we moved the ball well and looked like a football team.
I suppose I'm easily pleased. A team obviously giving their all, I will go with that after this season.
One thing I'm not overly happy with is Grbic. He plays keeper by numbers, he does what you are supposed to do positionally and getting ready for crosses etc. However, he has zero footwork, agility, shotstopping skills or reactions. I'm hoping he comes good, but I'm not hopeful that he will on the current evidence.

I just enjoyed us being in a game for so long, looking like an equal. We had a couple of nice moves where we moved the ball well and looked like a football team.
I suppose I'm easily pleased. A team obviously giving their all, I will go with that after this season.
One thing I'm not overly happy with is Grbic. He plays keeper by numbers, he does what you are supposed to do positionally and getting ready for crosses etc. However, he has zero footwork, agility, shotstopping skills or reactions. I'm hoping he comes good, but I'm not hopeful that he will on the current evidence.
I’m with you on this, I thought we looked decent today, and yet again I quite enjoyed watching us. Contrary to most on here, I thought McB was good. Larouci too, and I couldn’t see why he was taken off.
With the goals, they may not have been Grbic’s fault but it would be nice to see him, just once, pull off a difficult save, one that shows some quick reactions. As it stands, unless it’s right at him, if it’s on target then it’s going in.

Back
Top Bottom