Board cost us a point today

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The lineup we put out yesterday was worse than the one we put out against West Brom last season the the EFL cup first round. Yet I’m seeing people say that we weren’t that bad yesterday? What planet are you living on?

Love majority of the players for the times they’ve given us and can’t fault their efforts yesterday but they just aren’t good enough. I feel sorry for them and Hecky because it’s going to be a long season for them and us fans. I hope we don’t disgrace ourselves but if we don’t get atleast 2 points against Forest & Everton then I think we’re already done. Call me defeatist or whatever but can someone tell me how they possibly think we will get to 35 points this season?

But you blamed Ndiaye above…….

McBurnie you have a point on, shame he was injured.
Didn't blame him I asked if he thought it was the boards fault or Ndiayes for deciding to go despite an improved offer and prem football

Can't see what the board could have done to lessen the impact after his departure caused us to be light up front. They didn't want him to go

Didn't blame him I asked if he thought it was the boards fault or Ndiayes for deciding to go despite an improved offer and prem football

Can't see what the board could have done to lessen the impact after his departure caused us to be light up front. They didn't want him to go
Sign players?!

Surprise surprise.. Still think he's ballsed his progression up as he was learning so much and he let his head get turned for fucking money.
To put the blame elsewhere is delusional
Yeah, Iliman Ndiaye definitely changes how yesterday pans out. Get your head out of your arse.

Watching this match on now is making me wince.

In the past I've always thought we'd give the big teams a game and often have.

Obviously/hopefully we'll get a few more in but the speed of thought and movement compared to ours yesterday is in another galaxy or dimension.

You’re not a fan. You’re an armchair shoutboxxer.

Toddle off back to wanking off to Fortnite son.
What is wrong with? How can you defend this shit show of a board?

You're clearly one of those that believes that the government has "everyone's best interests at heart" and other such nonsense.

Open your eyes, stop gobbing off. You are making yourself look ridiculous

All 3 promoted sides lost. Luton were absolutely out of there depth. I cannot see them getting more than 20pts

Have the deal ready to go, you don’t sell
Berge until it’s sorted. We signed Souza the same day as Berge left.

So presumably, when you move house, you buy the new one, before completing on the sale of your existing home?

Interesting concept, leaves you a bit vulnerable of course if the buyer changes their mind or if you need funds from your existing house to fund the purchase of your replacement. 🤔

What’s the point complaining at this stage?

We won’t know for a while whether the transfer strategy of waiting til late in the window to get better value will have paid off?

It’s also worth pointing out that Ndiaye agreeing a contract then giving it two weeks before going back on his word didn’t help matters.

What is wrong with? How can you defend this shit show of a board?

You're clearly one of those that believes that the government has "everyone's best interests at heart" and other such nonsense.

Open your eyes, stop gobbing off. You are making yourself look ridiculous

Read up/catch up. It’s all there if you read the thread.

We won’t know for a while whether the transfer strategy of waiting til late in the window to get better value will have paid off?

It’s also worth pointing out that Ndiaye agreeing a contract then giving it two weeks before going back on his word didn’t help matters.
You’re right, we should just pipe down and let a few results slip away before we can compete. The club are obviously working as quickly as they can and have the appropriate staff in place to get a team together for 4 weeks into the season so we should all just let them get on with it and forget about the winnable games in the first 4 weeks of the season.

I’m sure they’re scouring the Scandinavian farmers leagues for some players who can warm the bench as we speak.

You’re right, we should just pipe down and let a few results slip away before we can compete. The club are obviously working as quickly as they can and have the appropriate staff in place to get a team together for 4 weeks into the season so we should all just let them get on with it and forget about the winnable games in the first 4 weeks of the season.

I’m sure they’re scouring the Scandinavian farmers leagues for some players who can warm the bench as we speak.
Listen, if we're competitive in 3 weeks you'll be sorry you ever said this!

Why complain about anything ever?

We know it’s not going to be easy this season. A lot of fans expect us to be relegated and so do the media. Shearer was quite sympathetic to the club with his comments about a long season. When you read of chelsea buying a player for 115 million pounds, it makes competing really difficult.
think we just have to enjoy the benefits of the club will get from the Premier league and know at this time it will probably secure the club for a few more years.

Long and short of it is Ndiaye made a selfish choice and gave us blades not a second thought . He passed up playing in the prem . It was from a professional viewpoint a stupid move as the prem is the place to shine. He may never get that chance again.

I’m sure they’re scouring the Scandinavian farmers leagues for some players who can warm the bench as we
That wasn’t my point.

We all know the situation. PA has said before that the club try and get better value from the market by waiting til the last minute. That’s how we ended up with MGW who we likely wouldn’t have got if we’d decided to do our business early. Having a player of his quality was arguably worth waiting a few games for and he won us far more points than those we dropped before we signed him

It’s just a gamble, same as bringing in untried players from foreign leagues. Am I comfortable with it? Not particularly, who does find gambling comfortable? However, I’d rather gamble on bringing in quality to keep us up as we aren’t going to be pay whatever needs paying to get deals over the line in ‘good time’ as we are skint. I can see why others aren’t happy though as it was a hard watch on Saturday and probably will be again on Friday. It’s a shorter season and you already write off 10 games against the top side so writing off another 3 isn’t great.

My point is though we surely all know this is what the club are doing and we can’t call it a success or failure for a good few months yet.

I don’t know what the alternative is though as the counter argument is always just to spend more money and the club don’t have it.

Watching wolves who are tipped by many to be in a relegation battle this year...levels above us.

I watched the Mission to Burnley documentary series on Sky, on the first episode it says how much ALK Capital paid for Burnley (£170m).

Now, if you’re the prince and you see that Burnley were sold for £170m, wouldn’t you expect to at least get say £150m for United?
Burnley had £80m cash in the bank at the time of purchase, and no bank loans. Sheffield United (as at June 2022, of course the position may have changed) had next to no cash and £40m bank loan owed, so a cash position £120m worse than Burnley. That would certainly knock the price down.

ALK are in it purely for money. Don't go down that road if you can help it. All this spending is done on credit, and so if it doesn't work out (ie. relegation) we have two options - 1, sell the players for enough money to pay off the debts; 2, go bankrupt. The owners paid £15m of their own money for the club; the rest was funded via bank loans taken out, and paid for, by BFC, and by emptying the bank account.

Back
Top Bottom