Blades that couldn’t find the net but could find God

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?




Hmmm. I wonder if some of the content of this thread would be allowed if it was aimed at the Muslim faith? I dont get why poking fun at Christianity is accepted but not to other religions. Each to their own, whatever you find your peace in.
 
Hmmm. I wonder if some of the content of this thread would be allowed if it was aimed at the Muslim faith? I dont get why poking fun at Christianity is accepted but not to other religions. Each to their own, whatever you find your peace in.

Agreed, we should be able to take the mickey out of all religions equally, refusing to eat bacon because your sky wizard says so is just as ridiculous as believing praying to your sky wizard is going to affect the future course of events.
 
Respect everyone else’s views but personally speaking hate all religions, purporting love and peace while tacitly or otherwise supporting violence against other religions or non believers. Only mosquitoes can be attributed to more deaths throughout history.
Hate those little bastards too!!!
 
I was hoping someone would follow up with a South Yorkshire based one, but as it’s not come up....

Bruce Dyer. Or Bruce Almighty Dyer if you like.

View attachment 74351

Went to a church tournament once and he was playing. Gave a really good speech at the lunch break about living the fast life then finding God. I’m not religious myself but it was interesting.

I also scored a hat trick as we knocked his team out and he called me top quality. True story.

(He wasn’t trying very hard).
 
Went to a church tournament once and he was playing. Gave a really good speech at the lunch break about living the fast life then finding God. I’m not religious myself but it was interesting.

I also scored a hat trick as we knocked his team out and he called me top quality. True story.

(He wasn’t trying very hard).

My daughter used to teach his kids, said he wasn't a very nice human being 🤷
 
Why do some try to belittle others for being religious. Everyone to his own!!! 🙏

Because being religious infers a lack of rational thinking?

Why is it okay to question the beliefs of a flat earther, but not someone who believes in a sky fairy? (taking offence at having your faith questioned seems rather convenient).
 



“Glen Hoddle has found God - must have been the best pass of all time”

Jasper Carrott
 
Why do some try to belittle others for being religious. Everyone to his own!!! 🙏

A lot think religion holds society back and is dangerous. Me too. I really enjoy Billy Maher's musings on the subject at the end of his documentary Religulous. Give it a listen and let me know your thoughts.

 
I was hoping someone would follow up with a South Yorkshire based one, but as it’s not come up....

Bruce Dyer. Or Bruce Almighty Dyer if you like.

View attachment 74351

He runs an after-school football club in the school I work in. Lovely bloke. Good job he wasn't more of a Blades hero - think he only got one goal for us? I'd have never been able to talk to him about anything if he had!
 
Jasper Carrott, those were the days, my personal favourite was him saying he bought a golden goal ticket at St Andrews for the time of Birminghams first goal, and it said November
He also said that he spoke to the guy next to him at St.Andrews.....”OI”
 
He runs an after-school football club in the school I work in. Lovely bloke. Good job he wasn't more of a Blades hero - think he only got one goal for us? I'd have never been able to talk to him about anything if he had!

He played a minor though important role in the 2005-06 season, getting the goal that was good enough for a point in the 1-1 draw with table-toppers Reading. Warnock collected strikers that season like Clough collected right-backs – we ended the season with Shipperley, Kabba, Webber, Akinbiyi, Horsfield, Dyer and Deane all on the books and fully fit. Hao Hai Dong was in theory still there too. Along with those 8 used in all competitions, we started it with Gray, and had Vincent Pericard on loan for a bit. Forte would have been floating around the squad too at points of the season.
 
Well well, we really are scratching the bottom of the barrel if we are down to threads like this.
Yeah well god created the Coronavirus or allowed it's creation and hasn't destroyed it, that's caused the suspension of the football season and this is rather a small price to pay for that. Maybe you could ask him to consider fixing it so that things don't get out of hand, I haven't had a slice of toast for over a week now and I like my toast.
 
Because being religious infers a lack of rational thinking?

Why is it okay to question the beliefs of a flat earther, but not someone who believes in a sky fairy? (taking offence at having your faith questioned seems rather convenient).

Question my faith all you like, I am not offended one bit! As to 'infers a lack of rational thinking', not at all. Free will is one of the basics of faith, you get to choose.

But don't fall into the trap that faith is blind or less rational, a person with an experience is never at the mercy of a person with an argument!

So now we are blaming this God we don't believe in for covid19, you could not make it up.
 
I'm a Christian as I've said before on here, although I don't mention that very often because its a football forum so it doesn't come up often to do so! Also, I think that forums, of whatever type, are generally not the best place for people to understand why people are Christians, or follow another faith for that matter. I think in person, every Blade I've befriended or got to know gets why I'm a Christian, although saying that most of them are Christians also!

I've always found on here, as in life in general, if you speak to people with respect then 99% of the people on here are fine. Since its been brought up on here, all I would say is that my guess is that many people only go to a church when its a funeral or a wedding and that'll usually be in a more traditional church or obviously a crematorium like Greno if its a funeral. The church I go to is a former warehouse and we don't have an organ and the vicar doesn't wear black and white robes! Times have thankfully moved, I occasionally wear my Blades shirt at church and its always a nice bonus to wind up the Wendy fans on a Sunday morning when we've won and inevitably they've lost!

Just on the born again thing. That's a term that (I think) that became popular in the 80's and it comes from the Bible where Jesus said to become a Christian you have to be born again. In reality, I've never met another Christian that refers to himself as a born again Christian. Every Christian I've met would just refer to themselves as a Christian. I'm sure many know that on here, but I just thought I'd elaborate, just in case! TBF. it is correct to say born again, but as I say, very few would say that.

Also, (tin hat here) being a Christian doesn't mean that we're better people than a non-christian, I know that often Christians are seen as pompous and self righteous. Some Christians I know are some of the most annoying people I've ever met(!) but most I have to say are really nice and especially want to help out those less fortunate than themselves, not that you have to be a Christian for that.

Finally, back on topic, Phil Starbuck memories! Thought he was amazing on loan, then when he signed permanently he wasn't as good sadly! I knew Bruce Dyer was also a Christian, not sure of that many more, but I did know John Harris was a Methodist I believe.
 
Agreed, we should be able to take the mickey out of all religions equally, refusing to eat bacon because your sky wizard says so is just as ridiculous as believing praying to your sky wizard is going to affect the future course of events.

There's good reason not to consume pork.

One being to limit the chances of you getting various worms, the worst of which (tapeworm) can cause blindness and liver damage. Conventional cooking methods don't kill off the eggs.

Also, pork can be attributed to an increase in heart issues due to it's high fat content.
 
Who was that Wendy who quit to become a better Muslim? Quitting the pigs was a good start!
 

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom