Blades sign ten year catering deal extensionwith Compass Group (Levy).

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

How very dare you

Our front of house customer experience executives are second to none - even Habib who dropped my pie 🥧 on the floor but had the good grace and was quick witted enough to at least re present it in a fresh (if not smaller) box
Well, the 2-second rule applies in all situations.
Is it 2? Or 5? Or is it 3?
Anyway, I hope that dropping the pie onto concrete will have weakened the crust sufficiently to make eating the thing a bit easier.

Shit business getting rewarded for failure. Nothing new there, then.

I assume the club basically couldn't be arsed to find a new supplier despite 99% of fans saying the catering isn't up to scratch. They do nothing that might actually improve THE MATCHDAY EXPERIENCE that they love to bleat about so much.

It's just infuriating that it doesn't have to be crap food/beer and you don't have to wait 20 minutes.

Wolves proved that to me at the weekend.
Some clubs really do care about the quality of the catering, unfortunately it's just another number stat for the Prince to read while he's at his mansion in LA.

Anyone following ‘Footy Scran’ on insta can see how depressingly poor our food offering is compared to much smaller clubs than ourselves, including non-league.
If there was a table for food we would struggle to compete in the Meadowhall Sunday league!
To be fair (something I'm not always good at), it's much more difficult to cater to 30k than 500

Thing is like everything it's all about what is best for the club financially.

The John street does offer better because it has better facilities. Rest of the ground does not. I mean upper tier beer options are cans priced at £5.50.

A local company would potentially jump at the chance to offer their goods on match day to improve the offering.
But we would probably see next to no profit from that.

I'm guessing with Levy we see some income stream from the food and beverage despite how crap it is for most of the ground.

Truth be told though in terms of priorities this is low down on my list.
Albeit with ground developments I'd want to see improvement to catering on the stands improved...... (Who knows when that may be?)

I imagine like many on here, the poor food/drink offering featured pretty significantly in my replies to the Club’s recent survey.
Up to now, I’ve got no idea whether the new contract will actually improve anything but I suspect not. It’d be nice if someone came out & said exactly what was going to change, rather than make some bland statement about being interested in the fan experience.
I’m on the South Stand & only very occasionally do I see the same faces behind the bar. There is 1 lass that I’ve seen a few times at the Kop end who seems to know what she’s doing with a pint & I always go to her given the chance.
I’ve given up on the food - it’s expensive & shit. The beer’s not much better but it suits me & my pal to have a drink in the ground. That said, I went to the Sheaf on Boxing Day & really enjoyed it. It was fine enough to stand outside though.
Maybe it’s time to think about our pre-match pint venue again.

Don’t worry, you lot over there still have to suffer for 10 more years but I’ve booted Compass out of our grounds maintenance and custodial (cleaning) contracts to try and redress the balance slightly. That’ll teach the bastards.

I’m also fairly sure that after the new company come in and do well for a year or two then they’ll go down the pan as well and I’ll be asking Compass to re-tender.

Happy to say this is entirely irrelevant to me.

I tend to eat and drink before and after the match and have developed this uncanny knack of going without food and drink for 2 hours.
Which is of course absolutely correct.

But wouldn’t it be nice if the club gave some consideration to supporters who choose to spend their money with the club, by offering at least a half decent food and drink product, rather than just doling out a ten year contract to a company who care more about their bottom line than offering decent products?

Which is of course absolutely correct.

But wouldn’t it be nice if the club gave some consideration to supporters who choose to spend their money with the club, by offering at least a half decent food and drink product, rather than just doling out a ten year contract to a company who care more about their bottom line than offering decent products?
The club rely on Stockholm syndrome. Enough people are prepared to pay for crap so that's what they are happy to supply.

Who really gives a fuck? People who care about the food quality at football matches, especially buying all the weird crap on offer at other clubs need their hard drives checking.

Compass have obviously offered the most money to the club. That’s all that matters. Let them crack on while they make a loss.

Some clubs really do care about the quality of the catering, unfortunately it's just another number stat for the Prince to read while he's at his mansion in LA.
15 quid dirty burgers with 'loaded fries" anyone

Whatever makes the club the most money is all I care about. If it was a out of town ground on a industrial estate I could understand people being slightly more worked up

Back
Top Bottom