Blades sign ten year catering deal extensionwith Compass Group (Levy).

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I used to get in early and have a pint and a bite to eat. I binned that off a couple of years ago. Prefer a beer elsewhere and a burger from Stoney's.

Prices in the lane are extortionate for what you get. Poor food, flat beer and poorly/non trained staff. Feel sorry for the young staff in there.

I'm in JS so god knows what it's like on the kop nowadays

Can only think the ten year part is because there's a major upgrade in facilities and to justify it they need the guarantee of years of using it?

That said there's hundreds of options around the ground and who the hell is eating food between 2 and 4 on a normal day anyway?

I'd like the food to be better, same with the beer. Feels like it's a great opportunity to do something different and work with the local area, especially SME's

But in the grand scheme of things, meh

Absolutely ridiculous.
A new 10 year contract extension for failure?
'You've got 6 months to prove yourself or you're out' would have been my starting point.

Bettis statement:
Sheffield United's CEO, Stephen Bettis, echoed the sentiment, stating: "Levy UK + Ireland has consistently demonstrated a deep understanding of our club's values and our fans' expectations.
"This successful partnership has contributed significantly to the matchday experience at Bramall Lane. We look forward to seeing our collaboration with Levy evolve even further."

Through Google business translate:
'They were the cheapest option'

Absolutely ridiculous.
A new 10 year contract extension for failure?
'You've got 6 months to prove yourself or you're out' would have been my starting point.

I ran Bettis statement through Google business translate:
Sheffield United's CEO, Stephen Bettis, echoed the sentiment, stating: "Levy UK + Ireland has consistently demonstrated a deep understanding of our club's values and our fans' expectations.
"This successful partnership has contributed significantly to the matchday experience at Bramall Lane. We look forward to seeing our collaboration with Levy evolve even further."

Translation = 'They were the cheapest option'
The key phrase there being "a deep understanding of our club's values and our fans' expectations". Currently at an all time low - they understand this deeply and will deliver accordingly

Another missed opportunity, what message does this send to Compass, serve any old shite, charge as much as you want, thanks for coming oh and buy the way let’s up your contract to 10 years.
Clearly no SLA agreement in place if there is Christ alive, maybe they got moved to recruitment department they’d done such a good job.
I’ll say it again stop buying that crap, shame but look elsewhere before you come through the hallowed turnstiles

You genuinely get better snap and faster service at Stoney's greasy spoon van on the corner. Less likely to get cheerfully called a cunt by the teenagers manning the kiosks though

A few months ago the Prince on one of those uninspiring interviews he gives talked of 'improving the fan's experience'.

We were all thinking the removal of the posts on the kop or the extension of the kop.

But maybe this 10 year contract is it.

Every time I've seen a post where someone questioned the club about the food and drink the answer has been "We've got a long term contract, so we'll have to wait and see". So maybe admin want to pin this thread for the next ten years.

I remember someone telling about how they'd been behind the scenes at Sheffield Arena and spoken to someone there. Basically, they have a really good idea of what expendable cash people come in with and they set everything up to get the maximum. They know you'll buy a drink, a bag of sweets, and a novelty item for the kids at Disney On Ice, even if it's silly prices. Everything when you walk in is set up to grab that cash and then at the end they open the massive doors because they want rid of you as fast as possible now you've spent up.

Always strikes me that so many football grounds are set up so poorly for that. I'll buy a burger and a pepsi from a van outside the ground because even though it's hardly Michelin star it's better than what I'll get if I walk through the turnstiles. You've got 20-30,000 people there every week. Surely they should have something other than a pint to tempt me, even if it's only one of those guys with the shit half and half scarves.
I think a lot of the problem will be staff.
" Do want a job for two hours, every other week?" . Not going to be inundated with CVs.

I arrived late the other week, so there was no queue. Had a pie, and it was fine. Nothing special, not rubbish.
However, no good how it was going to be, I wouldn't queue for 10 minutes+ for any offering.

Looked back and we first got them in 2009. So this means we’ve had them for 15 years and by the end of the new contract, will have been lumbered with them for a quarter of a century!

The fact that they’ve done nothing in 15 years to improve the facilities or offerings suggests the long-term deal is just that and not an indication of some major revamp.

Fucking do market research United.

Said Ernest on the Kop.

Would a new pie oven even last 10 years anyway, even if they want to depreciate it for that long

Food/drink prices are so ridiculous now I only buy something at the Lane if I'm absolutely gasping or starving.

They sell chips. Just bring a buttered breadcake in your pocket.

Years ago John Street

Chip butty please.

Tray of chips arrives on the counter

No, chip butty

The bread cakes are still frozen

Did you know that when you took the money for the chip butty?

Yes?

Probably a management consultant these days……..

I used to get in early and have a pint and a bite to eat. I binned that off a couple of years ago. Prefer a beer elsewhere and a burger from Stoney's.

Prices in the lane are extortionate for what you get. Poor food, flat beer and poorly/non trained staff. Feel sorry for the young staff in there.

I'm in JS so god knows what it's like on the kop nowadays

The “managers” are well trained in the art of fucking disappearing when there’s a complaint.

"Levy UK + Ireland has consistently demonstrated a deep understanding of our club's values and our fans' expectations."

Presumably meaning they provide catering to a standard fit for people expecting nothing but misery at every home game.
How very dare you

Our front of house customer experience executives are second to none - even Habib who dropped my pie 🥧 on the floor but had the good grace and was quick witted enough to at least re present it in a fresh (if not smaller) box

Back
Top Bottom