Blades sign ten year catering deal extensionwith Compass Group (Levy).

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

There seems to be alot of disparity in the quality of food and speed of service between the catering on the kop/South stand compared to john street. Again having been on js recently, it is so much better. I dont know why they cant get the kop and ss the same.

Well on the plus side, I already know the GM, used to get introduced to a new one every few weeks for quite some time before chucking all the usual feedback.

"Levy UK + Ireland has consistently demonstrated a deep understanding of our club's values and our fans' expectations."

Presumably meaning they provide catering to a standard fit for people expecting nothing but misery at every home game.

To be fair, my expectations of food at the Lane genuinely do match their incredibly low standards. So by definition, I’m never truly disappointed.

I have similar feelings after 14 years of Conservative government.

There seems to be alot of disparity in the quality of food and speed of service between the catering on the kop/South stand compared to john street. Again having been on js recently, it is so much better. I dont know why they cant get the kop and ss the same.
I concur, having been in JSS for the BHA cup game. To be fair to them, the physical facilities/space to actually make something is better there than elsewhere in the ground.

I'd be interested to know, given we seem to score highly on Away Fan surveys, if the offerings are better in the BLLT than the BLUT? Think you're more likely to get some decent spend out of people sat on coaches or trains for hours, with a return trip to enjoy also, than someone on the Kop/SS who's eaten on the way in and just wants a couple of drinks to keep topped up. Or is the, more likely answer, people who go to football grounds are conditioned/resigned to basic and overpriced options as part of the general deal?

The Club had the chance to make a change, and decided not to. They must be satisfied with the current arrangement, but clearly Dave McCarthy has never used the facilities on the Kop. Perhaps he should try it, and see what he thinks. He’s the operations director, let’s see what he thinks of how it “operates”.

You’d like to think the 10 year contract is so that they’ll buy some new equipment and depreciate it through the contract so we’re not paying for it up front. Might not be though.

Always wondered why the food/drink outlets are not open in the 2nd half ? Especially on winter night matches when a warm drink would come in handy .

Every time I've seen a post where someone questioned the club about the food and drink the answer has been "We've got a long term contract, so we'll have to wait and see". So maybe admin want to pin this thread for the next ten years.

I remember someone telling about how they'd been behind the scenes at Sheffield Arena and spoken to someone there. Basically, they have a really good idea of what expendable cash people come in with and they set everything up to get the maximum. They know you'll buy a drink, a bag of sweets, and a novelty item for the kids at Disney On Ice, even if it's silly prices. Everything when you walk in is set up to grab that cash and then at the end they open the massive doors because they want rid of you as fast as possible now you've spent up.

Always strikes me that so many football grounds are set up so poorly for that. I'll buy a burger and a pepsi from a van outside the ground because even though it's hardly Michelin star it's better than what I'll get if I walk through the turnstiles. You've got 20-30,000 people there every week. Surely they should have something other than a pint to tempt me, even if it's only one of those guys with the shit half and half scarves.

Maybe this is what Jebbison has been waiting for before he signs!

TEN fucking years though?! 😂
Insane isn't it? What kind of organisation signs a ten year contract with any sort of supplier? There's way too much risk attached to doing so.

"Levy UK + Ireland has consistently demonstrated a deep understanding of our club's values and our fans' expectations."

Presumably meaning they provide catering to a standard fit for people expecting nothing but misery at every home game.
“Like the football, we’ve realised with these fans, they’ll buy any old shite”

They should be fucking locked up for crimes against humanity based on the piss poor excuses for a pie they’re serving on the kop this season 💩

Who wins a 10 year deal in this day and age? Catering experts is this the norm?
Expect Michelin stars in 9 years time then... Princeh knos.

They should be fucking locked up for crimes against humanity based on the piss poor excuses for a pie they’re serving on the kop this season 💩
Yep. Gone from steak and ale pie to meat and potato. Daughter was habitual pie eater at Lane, but two pies in this season she’s gone to crisps. I used to like my Chicken Balti with a lashing of Hendos but this year it’s gone to a chicken tandoori WHICH IS BLOODY DIFFERENT AND NOT AS GOOD. At least the Bovril is hot this season.

Who wins a 10 year deal in this day and age? Catering experts is this the norm?
The only time I’ve given long term contracts is when capital items need to be factored into the process. I’ve still never given a vendor more than 7 years though. We have catering suppliers at the moment on 5 year deals but that’s with them buying a new kitchen and charging us in line with depreciation then it reverts to us at the end of the contract.

I have similar with cleaners and grounds companies where they buy equipment and we take it after the contract but they insist on 5 years.

Yep. Gone from steak and ale pie to meat and potato. Daughter was habitual pie eater at Lane, but two pies in this season she’s gone to crisps. I used to like my Chicken Balti with a lashing of Hendos but this year it’s gone to a chicken tandoori WHICH IS BLOODY DIFFERENT AND NOT AS GOOD. At least the Bovril is hot this season.
The “pastry” is more like clay, you could take home the hollowed out pie and use it for storage….. you can’t eat it 🥴

Back
Top Bottom