Blades fans Fighting each other......

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The 'DRINK' is never a excuse, they are usually just aggressive to start with. I had a bloke wearing a red wig that hit me in side of the head (he was out his face waving at his mates) had drunk quite a few pints could have started a fight over nowt but didn't. Same for every aspect of life always gonna have knob heads

I was in block 141 and saw the wankers scrapping with each other just behind me. Didn't bother watching it though as I was more interested in the match. Those pricks missed our 3rd goal but thankfully I didn't.

Can't give exact location but they were in block 141 and probably about row 40, seat 202.

Regarding the standing/sitting debate....50's ish woman with her husband two rows in front of me turned round to ask the small kid behind her if she was blocking his view if she stood up to sing and cheer...and added smilingly that he should just get up on the seat himself cos the bloke behind (meaning me) is big enough to see over you anyway!!!
Meant in good spirit and made us all laugh...

I was in block 141 and saw the wankers scrapping with each other just behind me. Didn't bother watching it though as I was more interested in the match. Those pricks missed our 3rd goal but thankfully I didn't.

Can't give exact location but they were in block 141 and probably about row 40, seat 202.
I was in Block 141 row 31 seat 209. I believe the fighting was in Block 140, I looked over my right shoulder and saw the fighting about 8 rows behind me

I was in Block 141 row 31 seat 209. I believe the fighting was in Block 140, I looked over my right shoulder and saw the fighting about 8 rows behind me
Looked to me like it was in the same block but I could be wrong. I was row 33 seat 211 so very close to you.

I have emailed sufc and i want those shits identified and banned, not heard back yet

Most of the staff were off today and the Lane closed. I'd imagine you'll hear something as they catch up over the next few days.

I was block 537 row10 and there was fighting about 8 rows in front of me. I'd defo recognise the criminals if I saw them again.

Looked to me like it was in the same block but I could be wrong. I was row 33 seat 211 so very close to you.
Bartman said that the bald head guy involved in the fighting was right behind BoSS and he said they were in block 140. You would be two rows behind me two seats to my left. I was wearing the white Blade away shirt of the late 1960s/ early 1970s and Woodward's number 7 at the back

Bartman said that the bald head guy involved in the fighting was right behind BoSS and he said they were in block 140. You would be two rows behind me two seats to my left. I was wearing the white Blade away shirt of the late 1960s/ early 1970s and Woodward's number 7 at the back
Yes I definitely remember seeing the number 7 shirt.

Assumed as the scrapping was so close, it was in the same block.

The bald headed guy was arrested we saw his mate with the kids as we were getting on coach so clearly carried on kicking off while being taken out

I've posted a couple of times today about how pissed off I was with the pond life in block 546 who decided to kick the crap out of each other during the last 15 minutes of the game. Whilst said wankers put a big downer on a great day out at Wembley, I would like to finish my thread on this matter in a more positive fashion.

I would like to thank the fans who were sat nearby who did their best to reassure my son and nephew that they would be OK; the fans who gave up their seats in the row behind where we had been sat, so that they could sit down away from the trouble; the fans who chanted "wankers, wankers" at the pricks who were scrapping, and finally the old fella who tried to tell my 6yr old nephew that the fuckwit who landed on his face in the stairwell was a stuntman having a practise.

Ultimately the overwhelming majority of Blades are fantastic, support their club in the right way, and support the team no matter what. I only hope that the knobheads who were scrapping yesterday punch each other in the head sufficiently to reduce their brain cells to the level needed for them to fuck off and support Wednesday.

Rant over.

I was in block 133 with my young son Tom.

All the fans around us were well behaved. A young family behind. Some decent young fellas in the row in front. A couple of other blokes nearby, who joined us for a group hug when the goals went in.

No particularly bad language at all. A good friendly atmosphere.

To my right I could see a few arguments here and there, nothing to cause any alarm, more a temporary distraction.

No trouble on the way to the ground, at the tube or on the way home. Cannons Park was a nightmare to get away from. Nearly an hour to travel a mile or so in heavy grid locked traffic.

Bumped into a Stevenage fan outside Newmarket, at the petrol station. He was very impressed with our performance, decent bloke who thought we would win comfortably at the weekend.

Great day out, but I am glad I don't have to go back to the big smoke again for a little while at least.

JPT final next year that's my shout.

HH

Leave it and move on? Are you for real? The shit bags fighting in the upper tier didn't ruin my day but certainly left a bitter taste my mouth on an otherwise superb day. If I had have been in the block where they were scrapping then it would have ruined my day and I'm sure it ruined it for a good many who were sat nearby. To suggest that we 'leave it and move on' is frankly ludicrous.
Maybe the secrets in his pseudonym?;)

Cheers mate. The picture was taken at Wembley in 2009 when he was 8 years old. He is 13 now and enjoyed it 100% more yesterday than the Burnley game. A good performance from the lads, especially in the 1st half.
I also went to the old stadium in 1993 for the Steel City semi final - 20 years of hurt an all that!

I'm guessing the photo was taken before the game since you're both smiling :)

When we finally win in that place it will put some of the bad times to bed, but Sunday went a long way in the healing process!

Maybe the secrets in his pseudonym?;)

Actually, if you read my comments on the matter, agree with me or not I've given it far more thought than the lazy analysis you've just applied to me - or the lazy analysis applied by those who simply want everyone banning who they saw fighting, quite possibly in self defence, quite possibly trying to seperate people. I've been involved in all those type of situations before and some would have me banned for it it seems.

It was similar after thje recent high spirited celebratory pitch invasions, when some were desperate to see everyone banned for encroaching onto the pitch. I maintain, some people are desperate to feel outraged.

UTB

Actually, if you read my comments on the matter, agree with me or not I've given it far more thought than the lazy analysis you've just applied to me - or the lazy analysis applied by those who simply want everyone banning who they saw fighting, quite possibly in self defence, quite possibly trying to seperate peoiple. I've been involved in all those type of situations before and a few would have me banned for it.

It was similar after thje recent pitch invasions, when some were desperate to see everyone banned for encroaching onto the pitch. I maintain, some people are desperate to feel outraged.

UTB

There seems to be a large number of witnesses who saw people being violent for no good reason- not people who were acting in self defence or seperating other people. Unless I am very much mistaken, all those who diaagree with you are saying is that there should be a proper investigation into this violence, followed by a proper trial of those suspected of unprovoked violence, with punishment for those found guilty.

What people object to in your position is the apparent "if it didn't personally effect you, why should you care?". It is a rather strange attitude that you appear content for people to engage in violence at football matches with no come back as long as you aren't peronally involved.

[QUOTE="alcoblade, post: 595807, member: 1699"

Let's not make a bigger deal out of it - it will only make the club look bad.

I was referring to the masses who weren't involved, and a number who werent affected but are still wanting to feel aggrieved, in the process drawing further attention to something that in no way reflected the day or our fans as a whole.

All IMHO, obviously.

UTB[/QUOTE]
All your opinion/s of course......... However contrary.

What people object to in your position is the apparent "if it didn't personally effect you, why should you care?". It is a rather strange attitude that you appear content for people to engage in violence at football matches with no come back as long as you aren't peronally involved.

I think if everyone who sat in another block and witneesed a brawl from afar had a bitter taste in their mouth about it, it would be a really sad. Escalating it for the sake of it is likley to put the club in a bad light.
I really can't see what's wrong with leaving it those who were directly affected to take whatever action is necessary, and for 32,000 other Blades to leave with a great memory of the day. I can't look over my shoulder, witness a fight in the distance, and call for those involved to be banned from football. I'd need to know far more about it than that. I wouldn't let it spoil my day in any way.

Why that makes me "content" with it is totally beyond me.

UTB

[QUOTE="alcoblade, post: 595807, member: 1699"

Let's not make a bigger deal out of it - it will only make the club look bad.

I was referring to the masses who weren't involved, and a number who werent affected but are still wanting to feel aggrieved, in the process drawing further attention to something that in no way reflected the day or our fans as a whole.

All IMHO, obviously.

UTB
All your opinion/s of course......... However contrary.[/QUOTE]

"Let's not make a bigger deal out of it" refers to the "us" with little or no knowledge of what went on, not directly affected by it. Some people, incluiding you, are choosing to be affected by it.

UTB

I think if everyone who sat in another block and witneesed a brawl from afar had a bitter taste in their mouth about it, it would be a really sad. Escalating it for the sake of it is likley to put the club in a bad light.
I really can't see what's wrong with leaving it those who were directly affected to take whatever action is necessary, and for 32,000 other Blades to leave with a great memory of the day. I can't look over my shoulder, witness a fight in the distance, and call for those involved to be banned from football. I'd need to know far more about it than that. I wouldn't let it spoil my day in any way.

UTB

"Content" is legalese for "not bothered ". Your original post seemed to suggest there was something wrong with people wanting action to be taken against those engaging in deliberate violence if they were not directly effected. Obviously, only those who witnessed the violence can do anything about it. The rest of us were just voicing our opinions that something should be done.

A lot of people are bothered about the fact that some people act like arses at the football even when they are not directly effected on a particular occasion and want something done about it. I see nothing wrong with that.

I really can't see what's wrong with leaving it those who were directly affected to take whatever action is necessary, and for 32,000 other Blades to leave with a great memory of the day. I can't look over my shoulder, witness a fight in the distance, and call for those involved to be banned from football. Or let it spoil my day in any way.

UTB
It's your opinion that you couldn't care less and it's ok for people to fight at a football match, it's my opinion that I do care and that it is wrong. I chose to comment on it as I feel it is worthy of commenting on. If I was at the other side of the stadium, I would still be of the opinion that it is wrong and shouldn't be ignored.
That they behaved and thought it was fine to continue to behave like that in an area surrounded by families and children left a bitter taste in my mouth (a phrase you are so keen on repeating as if it's somehow trivial).
I'm happy to accept that you have a different view to me. My original reply was based on your blanket comments that it should left alone and forgotten about in case it made the club look bad. I chose to disagree with that. I am not outraged by it, if I had been sat near by with my kids, I imagine I would be.
To read comments by fans sat with kids who were terrified by having to endure a group of retards scrapping for 10 minutes, so much so that they left early, pisses me off. That you think we should forget about it and move on speaks volumes.
Done.

Why is this thing about fighting top of the agenda of our weekend. Obviously some fascination about said subject. Surly we should still be talking about the glory of the players,fans and the club as a whole instead of some minority pillocks who were less than 0.2% of the day.
MOVE ON.

Why is this thing about fighting top of the agenda of our weekend. Obviously some fascination about said subject. Surly we should still be talking about the glory of the players,fans and the club as a whole instead of some minority pillocks who were less than 0.2% of the day.
MOVE ON.
Amen. 11 pages for a "fighting" thread, about 3 for a "We're proud" thread. Zero perspective.

UTB

It's your opinion that you couldn't care less and it's ok for people to fight at a football match.

I didn't think the analysis could get any lazier. I was clearly wrong.

Anyway, as I'm arguing all perspective has been lost, I'm only adding to it here.

Done too. :)

UTB

It would have been incredibly interesting if there had been sniffer dogs around yesterday, as I think a lot of the anti-social atmosphere was caused not by drink, but by cocaine - which isn't exactly known for not making twats of otherwise reasonable people.

My mate has a gorgeous black and white Springer Spaniel which is a retired prison dog. Think it's poor head would have exploded in the gents beside block 137 on Sunday.

Last edited:
It would have been incredibly interesting if there had been sniffer dogs around yesterday, as I think a lot of the anti-social atmosphere was caused not by drink, but by cocaine - which isn't exactly known for not making twats of otherwise reasonable people.

I think you're spot on there Linz, as others have alluded to and witnessed - I think a lot of these fuckwits were coked up. On the way out one was singing 'Shoreham boys we are here, shag your women, sniff your gear' which I thought was quite witty for someone with half a brain cell. He's probably off now to film the latest episode of Jeremy Kyle.

I think you're spot on there Linz, as others have alluded to and witnessed - I think a lot of these fuckwits were coked up. On the way out one was singing 'Shoreham boys we are here, shag your women, sniff your gear' which I thought was quite witty for someone with half a brain cell. He's probably off now to film the latest episode of Jeremy Kyle.

At least it wasn't "sniff your women and shag your gear", that lyric often trips folk up.

Back
Top Bottom