2022/2023 Match Thread Blackburn Rovers v. Sheffield United - 4th March 2023

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BLA
BLA
BLA

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
blackburnrovers.gif
vs.
sufc.gif

Championship Week 34 - Saturday 4th March 2023 - 12:30 - Ewood Park

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/blackburn-rovers-vs-sheffield-united.639/

Officials:

Referee: Josh Smith
Assistant Referee: Craig Taylor
Assistant Referee: Akil Howson
Fourth Official: Andy Woolmer

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

1671401521883.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

Screenshot 2023-03-03 at 20.53.16.png

Last edited:

Bereton Diaz isn't starting but is on the bench.

Sorba Thomas returns to starting lineup for them.

Interesting choice of wingbacks.. little harsh on Ozzy and baldock perhaps..
I guess I can see the logic of resting Baldock (after his first game back) and Osborn (did a lot of running)

Fleck is a bit more defensive so offers more cover for Lowe.

Maybe there's no room for him this time on a strong bench. We've got Billy and McAtee to come on if needed.
I can see that but you'd think that wouldn't be the case after Billy played 90 minutes in the week. I would have assumed he'd drop and Jebbo would be the player to come on. If McBurnie gets injured early that's a lot to expect from a OAP!

Happy with that team. Hope Bash is as immense as he was midweek.

Interesting choice of wingbacks.. little harsh on Ozzy and baldock perhaps..

Heckingbottom said after Spurs that that was the most we could've gotten out of Baldock. Osborn doesn't get appreciated as much as he deserves (utility players like him are worth a lot during an injury run like we've had) but he's not as good as the other wingbacks.

Heckingbottom said after Spurs that that was the most we could've gotten out of Baldock. Osborn doesn't get appreciated as much as he deserves (utility players like him are worth a lot during an injury run like we've had) but he's not as good as the other wingbacks.

On form I think Ozzy deserves the shirt over Lowe currently.. but I guess competition is healthy.

Happy with that team. Hope Bash is as immense as he was midweek.
Bash dropped 3 clangers in midweek and he may well be the weaklink - especially with no Baldock to help him out

hats of to hecky. the team rotation has worked. won in the cup managed to have 2 strongish teams out so 1 team doyle, anel, mcatee, sharp baldock Osborn can rest & 1 can play with egan (suspended but would've been rested) norwood ndiaye mcburnie berge fleck Boyle lowe & keep his strongest players for the league as at worst theyve only had 20-30 midweek.

unlike Blackburn who think that ben bereaton cant play 2 x 90 mins in 3 days. should be 3pts today. but as famous saying goes football isnt played on paper

Score draw for me today but maybe that’s just the negativity in me, Blackburn are starting to pick up again.

Score draw for me today but maybe that’s just the negativity in me, Blackburn are starting to pick up again.

Agree…I’m expecting a draw too……1-1 is my prediction and I’ll be reasonably satisfied.
As mentioned before….win our home games…draw the away games….means we’re comfortably promoted.

On form I think Ozzy deserves the shirt over Lowe currently.. but I guess competition is healthy.
I agree with that Lowe has not been at his best last few matches where as Osborn was brill the other night .

I've got mixed feelings on Lowe, but at his best he's better than Osborn a wingback.
Lowe needs to put in a decent performance today, hopefully Hecky will have reminded him that he's a LWB - not a left winger.

Surprised and yet pleased that PH has chosen a more attackking line up. Like a few others, I favoured a more conservative approach with George and Osborn at wing back for such a tough away fixture.
Fleck starts but no place for Doyle and McAtee at kick off. My name is not Heckinbottom thank fuck.

That bench has some scary potential! :)

Hmm

Attachments

• 1403F39A-5853-4ACD-A0FC-8CCF26803718.jpeg
    1403F39A-5853-4ACD-A0FC-8CCF26803718.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 16

Back
Top Bottom