2022/2023 Match Thread Blackburn Rovers v. Sheffield United - 4th March 2023

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BLA
BLA
BLA

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
blackburnrovers.gif
vs.
sufc.gif

Championship Week 34 - Saturday 4th March 2023 - 12:30 - Ewood Park

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/blackburn-rovers-vs-sheffield-united.639/

Officials:

Referee: Josh Smith
Assistant Referee: Craig Taylor
Assistant Referee: Akil Howson
Fourth Official: Andy Woolmer

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

1671401521883.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

Screenshot 2023-03-03 at 20.53.16.png

Last edited:

Play like Watford we win. Play like Spurs 2nd half we win. Play like 11 blind tibetan monks...maybe squeak a draw. I feel confident for this one. Corner turned, no more defeats til promotion is secured.

Blackburn will be up for it, if we go full tilt then it should be a real corker to watch. Come on you BLADES!

Match Boro's result today and we give ourselves a chance of opening up a 10 point gap with the game in hand on Tuesday

If we win it will be hard for Boro to get a better result than us in my view, so I hope we win

The best way to win may be with our trademark early blitz, hopefully without our trademark declaring after the 2nd goal. Bring them back down to earth fast after their own cup win

We then need to hope Brereton Diaz Rodriguez Gonzalez Lopez isn't playing, and try and get our excellent summer signing Lewis Travis booked nice and early

Going for 1-1 play like our last away outing at Millwall we get beat, second half against Spurs we get something. Take a point and move on.

Honestly, I wouldn't make many changes from the team put out against Spurs. I think I'd start Ndiaye to perhaps offer than chance of an early goal, dull their spirits. I'd start Couli personally, think he proved he has the confidence and ability to go against a larger side. I'd bench Brooks with idea of bringing him on second half, I liked what I saw of that lad but he does need a bit more experience before starting I think. Shame we'll be missing Anel, he can be foolish but one of my favourite players to wear the shirt.

Absolutely no reason we shouldn't take all 3 points today, rightly mentioned Rovers will be on a high but then again, why shouldn't we be? Interested to see how they'll set up against us, if they attack us that might play well in to our hands if we have Illi or McB starting. If we come out of the gate hell for leather and then go passive for 60 minutes like I've seen us do recently I think Rovers could punish is there.

I'm hoping Wednesdays game showed Hecky the depth he has in this squad and I hope he flexes it today.

Match Boro's result today and we give ourselves a chance of opening up a 10 point gap with the game in hand on Tuesday

If we win it will be hard for Boro to get a better result than us in my view, so I hope we win

The best way to win may be with our trademark early blitz, hopefully without our trademark declaring after the 2nd goal. Bring them back down to earth fast after their own cup win

We then need to hope Brereton Diaz Rodriguez Gonzalez Lopez isn't playing, and try and get our excellent summer signing Lewis Travis booked nice and early

Looking at the table Blackburn aren't exactly prolific goal scorers. Get 2 up and park the bus plus all the supporters coaches too!

4 points from the next two games would be great.

Given the quick turnaround I'd be happy with a draw. If they beat us they could leapfrog Boro so a draw also very good to slow their chase. Easy to write off Blackburn because of their usual inconsistency but they're 3rd in the form table and could easily keep a run going.

I'd go:

------------------------------Wes
Baldock-----Bash-----Egan----Robinson------Osborn
---------------------Norwood------Fleck
---------------------------------Berge
----------------------McBurnie-------Ndiaye

Subs: Davies, Bogle, Clark, Doyle, McAtee, Jebbo, Sharp

I think the quick turnaround might rule out Doyle. I'd rest him Tuesday if any concerns. Ditto McAtee. I'd choose Baldock and Osborn over Bogle and Lowe just for their defensive qualities but the Osborn call would depend on his recovery. Fit lad but he got through a lot of work in midweek.

I think there are potential questions over whether you'd start Clark for Robbo given the shift he put in. Ditto with Basham.

Against Watford and Spurs were got stronger as the game went on so it will be interesting to see if that continues today because it could be the start of quite a positive trend

This will be a tough test today, they're starting to play a bit themselves, Gallagher finding a bit of form. Would be very pleased with a win today. Would expect Boro to win at Reading too.

I'm hoping we take a lot of confidence from Wednesday's cup win, and that it wasn't simply a case of upping your game for the cup tie against the big boys.

A win or two draws is the absoloute minimum we need to be looking at from these two games but if we play anything like our general level we will win this one

Bit worried about their energy in the middle and the dreaded 4-2-3-1 formation but hopefully we've worked on combating that and I can see a workmanlike away performance where we conceded a lot of possession but are clinical with our chances 2-1 blades

Backed by an amazing 3600, we'll win 2 nil. Blackburn won't know what's hit them in the first 20 mins when we're showing the rest of championship why we're heading back to the promised land.

I always thought Blackburn would be a threat - they are really really clicking now that their manager has come to terms with the championship .

Will take a draw now but I fear we will lose but I’m a pessimist anyway .

We win - they’re out of it - they win then it’s a three horse race for third

Honestly, I wouldn't make many changes from the team put out against Spurs. I think I'd start Ndiaye to perhaps offer than chance of an early goal, dull their spirits. I'd start Couli personally, think he proved he has the confidence and ability to go against a larger side. I'd bench Brooks with idea of bringing him on second half, I liked what I saw of that lad but he does need a bit more experience before starting I think. Shame we'll be missing Anel, he can be foolish but one of my favourite players to wear the shirt.

Absolutely no reason we shouldn't take all 3 points today, rightly mentioned Rovers will be on a high but then again, why shouldn't we be? Interested to see how they'll set up against us, if they attack us that might play well in to our hands if we have Illi or McB starting. If we come out of the gate hell for leather and then go passive for 60 minutes like I've seen us do recently I think Rovers could punish is there.

I'm hoping Wednesdays game showed Hecky the depth he has in this squad and I hope he flexes it today.
Wouldn’t have Couli in starting 11 - not good enough from what I’ve seen . Not saying that he can’t be in the future but he’s not ready at the moment imo - Brooks neither

True - biggest two games of season coming up - win them both and I believe that’s job done - it’s in our hands
Absolutely, it's getting very big, that's why I'm dragging my arse to both of them. It's also getting very expensive, largely thanks to the bloody cup. It's also getting very early, thanks to bloody TV coverage. FFS, we better at least go up...

Win our home games, draw our away games = 2 points per game.

Would be well pleased with a draw here, a win would cap an amazing week tho.

Only good thing about early kick offs is not having to wait too long after waking up.

You can't/shouldn't play the team that gave their all on Wednesday night, after rotating especially to have fresh legs on Saturday lunchtime... Maybe one or two of them, that's it.

Pity Anel is out, feel the best defence wins today.

4 points from the next two games would be great.

Given the quick turnaround I'd be happy with a draw. If they beat us they could leapfrog Boro so a draw also very good to slow their chase. Easy to write off Blackburn because of their usual inconsistency but they're 3rd in the form table and could easily keep a run going.

I'd go:

------------------------------Wes
Baldock-----Bash-----Egan----Robinson------Osborn
---------------------Norwood------Fleck
---------------------------------Berge
----------------------McBurnie-------Ndiaye

Subs: Davies, Bogle, Clark, Doyle, McAtee, Jebbo, Sharp

I think the quick turnaround might rule out Doyle. I'd rest him Tuesday if any concerns. Ditto McAtee. I'd choose Baldock and Osborn over Bogle and Lowe just for their defensive qualities but the Osborn call would depend on his recovery. Fit lad but he got through a lot of work in midweek.

I think there are potential questions over whether you'd start Clark for Robbo given the shift he put in. Ditto with Basham.
I see and hear this Berge further forward thing and I just don’t get it. We play a midfield 3. Norwood as the more deep lying conductor with Fleck on the left and Berge on the right. Look at Berges heat map. All down the right side.

Anyway… my team.
Wes
Baldock Bash Egan Robbo Ozzy
Berge Doyle Fleck
Ndiaye
McB

Norwood will start I’m sure. But how good was Doyle in that role on Wednesday night!!

Come on the Blades 👊⚔️

Egan was ill I believe?

Back
Top Bottom