Billy Sharp statue ON THE KOP

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

How about a huge (Wizard of OZ style) Billy Sharp hologram hovering above everybody on the kop…He could be seen shushing the away fans with his famous finger to lips gesture.

Stick him in front of one of the posts.
Legend says that’s where he was always lurking!
And he won’t spoil anyones view then.

I should’ve probably posted this in the other thread and maybe the admin will merge it (sorry if so)
The club put a picture on of the two images of him as a child and a player facing the kop…. Well how about the two images turned into a statue stood on the kop facing the pitch rather than the typical statue in the car park.
It wouldn’t just be fitting for Billy sharp it’s also quite meaningful for anyone, the whole dad and lad going to the football, it could represent any of us really.
All for a Billy statue on the kop, maybe he could hold one side up and a statue of Deano to hold up the other, instead of just 2 white posts👍

Here is an idea why don’t we replace the Kip Pillars with giant Billy’s with his arms spread so he can hold the roof up!!

OR and even bigger Billy behind the Kip holding the roof up from above that way we can get rid of the pillars all together

Alan Woodward scored 158 goals from the wing.
He played his entire League career for United, 538 games.
He was born in Chapeltown.
He also helped get us into the top division.
Next statue should be him.

Not on the Kop though. Daft idea. I thought the McCabe banner on the hotel was cringeworthy but this?

I always liked the idea of a statue sat on the roof of a stand, legs hanging over the edge. Perhaps more fitting for someone who’s kicked the bucket.

Naming a stand is much more fitting for Billy.

I should’ve probably posted this in the other thread and maybe the admin will merge it (sorry if so)
The club put a picture on of the two images of him as a child and a player facing the kop…. Well how about the two images turned into a statue stood on the kop facing the pitch rather than the typical statue in the car park.
It wouldn’t just be fitting for Billy sharp it’s also quite meaningful for anyone, the whole dad and lad going to the football, it could represent any of us really.
No

Been brilliant for us but to play devils advocate is it a bit much for a statue for a good second division player?

Shouldn't matter what level he played really, he's regarded as a Blades legend and I'd like us to honour him for his services to us.

Where are you going to put the statues of the 9 players that have scored more goals for the Blades than Bill has?

They can put it in the car park once they knock the Derek Dooley one down. It's time.

Shouldn't matter what level he played really, he's regarded as a Blades legend and I'd like us to honour him for his services to us.
We can honour him, I just think a statue or retiring his number is a bit much that’s all. Let’s be honest here they’ve been better players at the club that’s not had things like that done. He is a legend though and it helps massively that he’s a blade from the City itself.

We can honour him, I just think a statue or retiring his number is a bit much that’s all. Let’s be honest here they’ve been better players at the club that’s not had things like that done. He is a legend though and it helps massively that he’s a blade from the City itself.

Whether we want a statue or not, we'll not be making one for him anytime soon so it's not an issue. I personally would love for him to get one, hopefully we'll get chance to see it.

If he doesn’t get a contract with another club, then he will be able to be on the kop in person for every game. That will save some money on building a statue.

Back
Top Bottom