Billy Sharp statue ON THE KOP

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ShorehamRevolution

Reaction score
I should’ve probably posted this in the other thread and maybe the admin will merge it (sorry if so)
The club put a picture on of the two images of him as a child and a player facing the kop…. Well how about the two images turned into a statue stood on the kop facing the pitch rather than the typical statue in the car park.
It wouldn’t just be fitting for Billy sharp it’s also quite meaningful for anyone, the whole dad and lad going to the football, it could represent any of us really.

I should’ve probably posted this in the other thread and maybe the admin will merge it (sorry if so)
The club put a picture on of the two images of him as a child and a player facing the kop…. Well how about the two images turned into a statue stood on the kop facing the pitch rather than the typical statue in the car park.
It wouldn’t just be fitting for Billy sharp it’s also quite meaningful for anyone, the whole dad and lad going to the football, it could represent any of us really.
Then we can all shout ‘sid darn’ at the statue

I reckon we should put a cable between the Kop and the former Jessica Ennis stand, put an animatronic/robot life size Billy Sharp breathing fire and shouting "come on you blades" through the entirety of the match

I could suggest somewhere ...
Not sure why we ever had a player "from the other lot" , despite his long admin role with us & genial personality

I agree.

I don't want to be too harsh because he was a decent bloke, but among the many figures that have served this club throughout the decades, it's beyond me how a mid-level boardroom figure was ever considered statue-worthy.

Nice idea but imagine how many broken noses from people walking into the bastard thing.

P.S. I thought the thread title was very funny. Content was surprisingly genuine.

bUT wE cAnT hAvE a sTaTuE cOs hE's nOt dEAd.

According to the gatekeepers.
It's not gatekeeping, it's just fucking cringe having statues of living people. I loved explaining to my kids who the statues in the car park are, but statues are about remembering what's gone. Billy is still here, just in a different capacity; he's a fan just like you and me, but he just happens to be the fan who got to live what we all dreamed of as kids.

It's not gatekeeping, it's just fucking cringe having statues of living people. I loved explaining to my kids who the statues in the car park are, but statues are about remembering what's gone. Billy is still here, just in a different capacity; he's a fan just like you and me, but he just happens to be the fan who got to live what we all dreamed of as kids.

But he's also a player who will go down in our history for his service and his contributions to getting us into the highest echelons of the football league system, and his background and his story makes it all the more special.

Alive or dead, he's now departed this club, what remains is his legacy. I see no reason to wait 30 or 40 more years before it's acknowledged.

But he's also a player who will go down in our history for his service and his contributions to getting us into the highest echelons of the football league system, and his background and his story makes it all the more special.

Alive or dead, he's now departed this club, what remains is his legacy. I see no reason to wait 30 or 40 more years before it's acknowledged.
Alan Woodward scored 158 goals from the wing.
He played his entire League career for United, 538 games.
He was born in Chapeltown.
He also helped get us into the top division.
Next statue should be him.

Alan Woodward scored 158 goals from the wing.
He played his entire League career for United, 538 games.
He was born in Chapeltown.
He also helped get us into the top division.
Next statue should be him.

Certainly gets my vote, it's a big enough car park.

I don't think anyone has said he shouldn't be acknowledged? There are other ways of doing so without caricaturing him in a big lump of metal in the car park.

We can have a statue of the Pigs all time top scorer but not ours?

It's embarrassing really. Needs shifting at some point, send it up to Wednesday and they can have it as a permanent reminder that they sacked him on Christmas Eve when they were 5th in the table.

Back
Top Bottom