Bettis radio sheff tomorrow

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Questions you would ask?

1. Billy Sharp. Why was he promised a new contract? Why was his exit dealt with so poorly? Why did you see fit to overrule Heckingbottom’s desire to keep him, only to leave the dressing room shot and leave us with the strike partnership of Osula and Traore for the first 2 games of the season?

2. Why was archer signed so late? Waiting for Ndiaye funds isn’t a valid reason as Archer either returns to Villa as an expensive loan or we stay up and he stays.

3. What’s stopping another Ndiaye situation occurring again if we ever get a new brilliant player from the youth setup? Is there a strategy or are we always doomed to let them leave for next to nothing?
Is PA going to lower the massively inflated valuation of the club upon relegation

With three out of the five seasons in the Premier League, what elements of the club have been improved over this period?

Does he feel our preparations, effectively starting from April in the Championship season, were managed well? If not, what have we done operationally to avoid this happening this time around?

Is the new recruitment team going to be in place to avoid a repeat this time around?

Do the leadership team and ownership take any responsibility for the shambles this season?

Is there any obligation for us to buy the HSBC training ground or is it at our discretion?

Yes it does, Sharp was on good money had a resale value of zero due to his age, PA didn't have the money to spend on wages and signing on fees for Sharp..

Ndyie left because the deal he was offered a year ago didn't reflect his worth..same with berge...

Going back to lundstram, we don't pay the going rate, it's basic stuff... lunny on 22k at rangers, we clearly offered nowhere near that..

How's John Egans contract negotiations going.... if he was offered 25k a week it'd be signed.. it's not signed is it as far as I know.

Edit : don't forget the transfer embargo, that was because we didn't have any money... it's not a small issue..
That Sharp was on good money doesn't mean he would still be on good money with a new contract. There is no obligation to offer a player the same wage, or even a similar wage to what they had before.

If anyone thinks having Billy Sharp around this season would have made a difference then you're deluded.

A) sadly, he's a proven failure at Premier League level and wouldn't have scored many goals.

B) If he's so good for the morale and training ground etc, explain the 2020/21 season.

It wasn't stupid to not offer him a contract, it was stupid to offer him one, as it was stupid to offer new deals to Basham, Fleck and Osborn. This club hangs on to the past too much and that's why we will never move forward as a club.

My gripe isn’t that I think Sharp should’ve been offered a new contract, it’s that
If anyone thinks having Billy Sharp around this season would have made a difference then you're deluded.

A) sadly, he's a proven failure at Premier League level and wouldn't have scored many goals.

B) If he's so good for the morale and training ground etc, explain the 2020/21 season.

It wasn't stupid to not offer him a contract, it was stupid to offer him one, as it was stupid to offer new deals to Basham, Fleck and Osborn. This club hangs on to the past too much and that's why we will never move forward as a club.
I’m not sure anyone is making the point that he should’ve been offered one. The point is heckingbottom wanted him to stay, so why does he think he knows better than the manager? Also if he wasn’t going to offer him a new deal, why weren’t they up front with him from the start, instead they let our best player for 7/8 years leave under a dark cloud

What can Bettis sensibly say, until the ownership is sorted out?

He's just hanging on to the wheel of the Titanic, while Wilder is rearranging the deckchairs.

Unless the Prince sells now, or commits to stay and finds funding (both highly unlikely), it's another year of crisis management ahead

I’d imagine the account being out now will provide much of the show and talk of the Academy in Dore.

My gripe isn’t that I think Sharp should’ve been offered a new contract, it’s that

I’m not sure anyone is making the point that he should’ve been offered one. The point is heckingbottom wanted him to stay, so why does he think he knows better than the manager? Also if he wasn’t going to offer him a new deal, why weren’t they up front with him from the start, instead they let our best player for 7/8 years leave under a dark cloud
They probably didn't expect him to stink the place out every time he got on the pitch last season and actually made the correct decision on this one

Will there be a change of strategy from letting players run into the last year of their contract?

Regardless of opinions on each of them we look like losing what until recently was our number one keeper, a striker we paid £17-20m for and a promising young youth international striker all for free (And a bit of compensation in Jebbison’s case).

Are we in the market for frees or will we be paying transfer fee’s next season?

When will Recruitment be sorted out ?

With three out of the five seasons in the Premier League, what elements of the club have been improved over this period?

Does he feel our preparations, effectively starting from April in the Championship season, were managed well? If not, what have we done operationally to avoid this happening this time around?

Is the new recruitment team going to be in place to avoid a repeat this time around?

Do the leadership team and ownership take any responsibility for the shambles this season?

Is there any obligation for us to buy the HSBC training ground or is it at our discretion?

You should be presenting Newsnight!

If you aren't in the room to ensure the questions are worded correctly and then followed up it's a waste of time.
You can sit on stage and give stock answers to deflect far too easy, but I doubt the vast majority in the room will have sat down and worked out their question, the likely responses and counter points, so it'll be an hour of no real benefit.

Are we buying players next year? Yeah we'll be busy in the transfer market and we're already talking about targets, but it's not just as easy as wanting a player to sign.
What's happening with the training group? Well we've just given a big announcement that we're all excited about and is a huge step forward for us as a club, showing a huge commitment from the owner.
What's happening with the Manager? It wouldn't be right for me to get into details but Chris has been out talking to the Prince face to face, and decision will be made and shared in due course.
What has this season been such a shit show? We're operating in a difficult market and Paul did an excellent job getting us promoted but the start to the season highlighted that we needed to go in a different direction. In fairness to Chris, he's then having to work with what he's got......

It's all too fucking easy.

If you aren't in the room to ensure the questions are worded correctly and then followed up it's a waste of time.
You can sit on stage and give stock answers to deflect far too easy, but I doubt the vast majority in the room will have sat down and worked out their question, the likely responses and counter points, so it'll be an hour of no real benefit.

Are we buying players next year? Yeah we'll be busy in the transfer market and we're already talking about targets, but it's not just as easy as wanting a player to sign.
What's happening with the training group? Well we've just given a big announcement that we're all excited about and is a huge step forward for us as a club, showing a huge commitment from the owner.
What's happening with the Manager? It wouldn't be right for me to get into details but Chris has been out talking to the Prince face to face, and decision will be made and shared in due course.
What has this season been such a shit show? We're operating in a difficult market and Paul did an excellent job getting us promoted but the start to the season highlighted that we needed to go in a different direction. In fairness to Chris, he's then having to work with what he's got......

It's all too fucking easy.
Perfectly put. Without being able to follow up with additional questions regarding political answers, it's a stroll in the park for him.

Just one question: why, after spending 3 out of the last 4 years in the most lucrative league in the world, do we not have a pot to piss in? Is this as good as it gets?

*might be two questions.
Might be five years.

I’d imagine the account being out now will provide much of the show and talk of the Academy in Dore.
To have Bettis taking questions. soon after the accounts are published shows a level of confidence in our financial situation.
This will have been planned so hopefully good things come out of this.

Part of me thinks its fucking hilarious that were rock bottom of the premier league, getting smashed for 5 and 6 at home almost every game..

And all we can think to ask bettis is "what about Billy Sharp"
Billy isn’t exactly pulling trees up at Hull City is he? Most of the time he’s on the bench getting an occasional sub role.

Yes it does, Sharp was on good money had a resale value of zero due to his age, PA didn't have the money to spend on wages and signing on fees for Sharp..

Ndyie left because the deal he was offered a year ago didn't reflect his worth..same with berge...

Going back to lundstram, we don't pay the going rate, it's basic stuff... lunny on 22k at rangers, we clearly offered nowhere near that..

How's John Egans contract negotiations going.... if he was offered 25k a week it'd be signed.. it's not signed is it as far as I know.

Edit : don't forget the transfer embargo, that was because we didn't have any money... it's not a small issue..
Egans NOT worth 10k never mind 25k at this stage in his Career Jesus it's no wonder the clubs got nowt

Rob Staton will dominate the show as usual, he knows more than Bettis, according to Rob Staton. Then Michael will come on and say "I agree wit yer Rob,I agree with everything yer saying"
That Michael must be so lonely hovering over his phone from 5pm every night,spouting the same boring shite,100% on a par with the Toytown caller every night,and as for 2:1 Ken bless him can't you just imagine him in his jumper and a picket full of wethers toffees

What happened to all the flags that used to be on the kop?

Back
Top Bottom