Berge

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We were promoted 15 weeks ago, to the most lucrative league (outside Saudi) in the world. We should be an attractive prospect for 90% of professional footballers and yet we are pissing around, seemingly struggling to field a competitive starting eleven and bench. The Palace and Forest games give us the chance to get 4 points or to put it another way a tenth of the points required to stay up.

We were promoted 15 weeks ago, to the most lucrative league (outside Saudi) in the world. We should be an attractive prospect for 90% of professional footballers and yet we are pissing around, seemingly struggling to field a competitive starting eleven and bench. The Palace and Forest games give us the chance to get 4 points or to put it another way a tenth of the points required to stay up.

Agree , and i think that is what happened last time in the prem we got off to a terrible start , and into losing mentality ... was tough to buy a win... we start off badly and will be same again.... very important we get off to a decent start

id never smear Billy, Didzy, Coutts, Ndiaye .... only one i couldnt stand was Lundstrum,. and im not really bothered about Sander, if he goes , he goes.. expected much more when we signed him.

There is of course, more than one way, to deal a blow to your rivals for relegation, other than on the pitch, and one which we haven’t quite grasped yet.
Buy one of their best players, before a ball is kicked (Berge), and refuse to loan, one of their top targets(O’Brien)

id never smear Billy, Didzy, Coutts, Ndiaye .... only one i couldnt stand was Lundstrum,. and im not really bothered about Sander, if he goes , he goes.. expected much more when we signed him.
Exactly this. After almost 4 years of being here, I've come to regard him as: a player who once played for us.

I'd go as far to be controversial and say if he hadn't cost £20m and wasn't a 6ft 4in handsome white guy, based on performances and effort levels, he'd have been dropped and moved on.

If he is indeed going then we need a new song.

He's Norweigen
He's playing for Burnley this season
The Blades are calling it treason
He's Sander Berge

Gaini Blade will be touring his own shower room this autumn. A limited number of tickets are available based on a loyalty point system determined by 'likes' to previous posts with 20% going to ballot.

Read that the club had no option on extending Berge,s conract at end of season, whether this is is true or not

I think Berge is a really good player and really enjoyed watching him at times for us . He’s never come across as unhappy here and sometimes looks like a rolls Royce of a player but unfortunately for whatever reasons we just haven’t seen the best of him enough ! I wish him well and the obvious GLTTL . I just think this is a strange choice for him as I believe he could do better but what do I know . Thanks for popping in Sander ( the away day at Palace when you signed will live long in the memory!)
As ever UTB !

He could go anywhere that wants him. Only Burnley do. He simply isn’t world class.
I cant remember anyone saying he is world class but he always looked to have the potential to be much more influential in games,maybe Burnley will suit him.

Serius question: apart from the odd turn of pace what is he actually good at?
Heading & getting stuck in...😏
Great at shielding the ball and holding players off with his size/strength. Good player who you always feel there's more in there but rarely see. Just wish he had more of an engine.

I feel he took a long time to reach anywhere near the standard we had hoped for when he signed. Drifted in and out of games, not good physically or in the air. But obviously has talent and showed this in sporadic moments in a game - all we ever wanted was more of this.

It will be interesting to see if he reaches new levels at Burnley - was it us...or him.

I cant remember anyone saying he is world class but he always looked to have the potential to be much more influential in games,maybe Burnley will suit him.
I think that was the very suggestion in the post I was replying to.

He was purchased from a side that played him as a deep lying playmaker. In the same mould as Coutts and Norwood.

He played the exact same role for his country as well.

We SHOEHORNED him in to a position (RCM) that was alien to him at a new club and in a new country and BECAUSE he is a talented footballer, he adjusted.

Some folks just don’t get this football lark !

I’ll miss him. But if he won’t sign a contract, the clubs hands are somewhat tied. Shame.

UTB

Berge was a great player the problem was we knew his best position but refused to play him there, everyone could see that he was great player running forward with the ball & getting in the box. so what did we do. we played him in the holding role & then call him crap. in the same way you dont play long balls to a 5ft 2 forward & ask him to win headers

i can be upset at ndiaye but i cant with Berge because i feel like i know Berge enough to this is not his decision. this is because of our financial situation, as im no ITK & i could be talking rubbish as next 3 weeks might prove me wrong, but i believe someone at that club has being playing down our debts, as i was lead to believe we up to our waist in debt about 50/60m when we are actually up to neck in it & it could be in excess of 100m. as it would explain why we cant get a serious investor despite being extremely desirable & why we are only spending money from the fees we've brought in

Back
Top Bottom