Berge

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Do we think the reports that he would be "frozen" out by the club if he doesnt leave are true? I am sceptical but if true - wow! Talk about utter disgrace. I have no doubt that if Berge wanted to stay and see out his contract he would still play to his full capability unlike Lundstram. At the end of the day, you want to perform to show potential suitors what you can do. If the club were going to freeze him out, then I think he has every right to go wherever he wants, even if it the 1950s.
Not really. The only two options that are any good to us is that he signs a contract, or we can sell him. Just waiting so he can cash in himself leaves us massively out of pocket.
It's the right move in the situation. Biggest problem is it's so late in the day.

Same source says if he doesn't sign a new contract or leave,he could be "frozen"out.
dont think the club have done owt wrong if thats whats happened he refuses to commit to us and sign a new contract were not just gonna let him go for nowt next summer personally i only want players at the club who want to play for the club both illiman and berge obviously didnt this club is bigger than any individuals utb

If Berge makes this move I will lose all respect for him. It's exactly what he's intimated he won't do. Move to a small town, medium-sized club with no potential to win anything or challenge for Europe. It's a comical move. The only upside seems to be that he gets away from the ridiculous goings-on at Bramall Lane, with our usual severely limited financial and (seemingly) talentless ownership that we have all been accustomed to for what seems like forever. Perhaps it is 'for ever' thinking about it.

Given this, if he goes...fuck him. IMO it's nothing like Illiman's transfer who went to his childhood team and city to live as he's always wanted to live. Being happy is what life is all about. Is it Berge's 'ambition' to play for fucking Burnley? What a fucking shithole at the arse end of nowhere!

My main gripe is the timing. Why couldn't all this have been done weeks ago giving the management more time to adapt and get players in to adopt an effective system that might give us a chance of survival? The Board must have known that what has transpired could happen as they always had the potential view and stance to sell both players at the right price. The morons have now left us in the shit with a week to go before the season starts, with a disenchanted fanbase, players in the squad who look lost at the minute, and little chance of achieving anything but becoming the most embarrassing team in Premier League history. Tossers!

I'll be there Saturday but I feel unmotivated and very let down. Not because of the selling, but because of the pathetic, shambolic management of this whole situation. They get some stick at times but thank God for the Baldock, Egan, Norwood and Foderingham's in the squad that are still here. Without them we'd have totally lost our identity as a club and all hope at all of having any chance of making a fight of it to stay up.

Sort your shit out Abdullah and Bettis. We've stood by the club. Don't fucking embarrass us.

utb
The board seem to be making it up as they go along, absolutely idiotic amateurs.
Compare us to the sensible approach of Luton

dont think the club have done owt wrong if thats whats happened he refuses to commit to us and sign a new contract were not just gonna let him go for nowt next summer personally i only want players at the club who want to play for the club both illiman and berge obviously didnt this club is bigger than any individuals utb
True but why did we not sell him weeks ago, rather than a few days before the 1st game

Yes,looks like we gave him an ultimatum,no problem with that, it's the way football is,looking after Blades interest,sorry to see him go,though.

Do we think the reports that he would be "frozen" out by the club if he doesnt leave are true? I am sceptical but if true - wow! Talk about utter disgrace. I have no doubt that if Berge wanted to stay and see out his contract he would still play to his full capability unlike Lundstram. At the end of the day, you want to perform to show potential suitors what you can do. If the club were going to freeze him out, then I think he has every right to go wherever he wants, even if it the 1950s.
Unfortunately yes I do. The club has to protect its asset. Why should we allow £20m plus to walk out of the door for fuck all in 12 months just so he can keep his options open? I have nothing against Sander and I agree I don’t think he would have downed tools but the PA looks to be a bit more hardline. After all 90% of the time footballers have it their own way why should the club not utilise the asset if it is unwilling to commit longer term? Simple business sense to me just fucking bad timing. I can only guess persuading Illy to stay may have convinced Sander to stay but now that is out of the window you can only flog a dead horse for so long..

What I hate about this is I check BBC gossip page and realise they only post gossip on the top few teams.

Season starts Saturday, not September.

I’m sure the club do have targets. It’s a shame they can’t get more than one a week over the line given the gaping holes in the squad, the sale of players at the last minute, and the same old players being unavailable as per usual due to injury.
There is always an explanation.

But Luton have made it up via the play offs and seem further down the line than we are. We were promoted against West Brom.

You do wonder whether a tendency to not want to pay players right up until you need them also comes into it. Yes it would cost more for them to all be there July 1st, but it would make the Manager's job a helluva lot more simple!

You do know he’s gonna be “world class” at Burnley.
Honestly cant see it ...
If it means we get 12 mil now and put back into the squad rather than lose him for nothing end of season, and were relagated (with him) and he walks for nothing , there would be uproar... i honestly dont think its been a sucess , hes had good patches here and there .. but nothing to write home about... my opionon, the city lads and ndiaye all around the same age as him all had bigger impacts last season..

Honestly cant see it ...
If it means we get 12 mil now and put back into the squad rather than lose him for nothing end of season, and were relagated (with him) and he walks for nothing , there would be uproar... i honestly dont think its been a sucess , hes had good patches here and there .. but nothing to write home about... my opionon, the city lads and ndiaye all around the same age as him all had bigger impacts last season..
The whole team could in theory walk for nothing in 12 months

By the same thought process,not so good players may make a good player look not so good.
And 3 months to get fit after injury
And strange countries
And new teammates
And new formations
And different positions
And home sickness
And poor players around him

And, and...and.

Back
Top Bottom