Berge

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We are not bigger than Fulham.

They've played 15 seasons in the Premier League this century. How many have we had since the war?

Crowds are fairly meaningless in modern football.

So it’s fair to surmise :
The Prince must still be our owner
To sell Sander is his decision and our only way out of embargo
This wouldn’t be a new cashed-up owner’s decision so if we do have a new owner and they let this go through then they are as skint as the Prince is
No guarantees the money will be reinvested
I’m depressed

Big risks being taken. But at least Coulibaly starts

McBurnie better not be injured

"Tingo Pasta Spaghetti is distributed through multiple local channel and then it’s been sold by them to our consumers all over the world."

But good luck finding a picture of this product--or any mention of it at all--anywhere besides their website.

Fucking Berge fucking fairy
The whole midfield were fairies. Macca was too lightweight for that game.

If we're learnt nothing else tonight, it's that McAtee and Berge are fucking dog shit against agile, fast, mobile midfield opposition.

Which means neither are fit for purpose if we're looking to get promoted.

All the cretins who were online gloating after his goal on Saturday asking where all the Berge critics were - well we only had to wait 3 days for him to be wank again...

Fucking Berge fucking fairy
He's lightweight but more worrying for me is the way he performs in his preferred position. Norwood was wank and quite rightly hooked but Berge playing that role was laughable. He hides and won't show for the ball from the defenders and if he does he's ponderous in possession and goes backwards or sideways. I actually thought he did ok first half but fell away badly. Not the man for a battle.

I don't think he was particularly bad tonight (there were many far worse) as when he was on the ball and actually had options, he was decent. No one was showing for the ball and we had a tough time keeping hold of it and actually getting it to him. Only Ahmedhodzic (40) had less touches than him (45). Norwood had 72 and each one was atrocious.

We all know his weakness is his off the ball work but if we spend 80 minutes making awful decisions with the ball and not actually giving it to him then of course he's going to struggle.

We all love a scapegoat but Sander can't be blamed for tonight's performance.

I don't think he was particularly bad tonight (there were many far worse) as when he was on the ball and actually had options, he was decent. No one was showing for the ball and we had a tough time keeping hold of it and actually getting it to him. Only Ahmedhodzic (40) had less touches than him (45). Norwood had 72 and each one was atrocious.

We all know his weakness is his off the ball work but if we spend 80 minutes making awful decisions with the ball and not actually giving it to him then of course he's going to struggle.

Totally agree.
United as a whole were shit tonight, Sander can’t be scapegoated for that poor performance.

Why was he playing on the left as a defensive midfielder when it's obvious he's a right sided attacking midfielder heckies tactical nouse is zero

Why was he playing on the left as a defensive midfielder when it's obvious he's a right sided attacking midfielder heckies tactical nouse is zero
He's been found drifting to the deep left in a lot of games. Can't work out why when he should be attacking on the right.
Mcatee was often found to the deep right tonight and was terrible. Again, can't understand why.

While Sander will generally drift across the pitch and cut inside, I assumed Mcatee would be doing the same on the right yet a few times he took his man on on the outside and ran it out of play.

A lot of poor performances tonight but I think a lot can be attributed to poor and confusing tactics.

Sander invariably fails to show for the ball, there’s lots of times in any game, where he just needs to move 5 yards to be able to receive the ball, but shows no inclination to do so. Dynamism is not one of his strengths.
Having said that, I think the ball was flying over his head a lot of the time tonight

Turing down that £20m is going to look like the worst decision we've ever made in 6 months

Agree but 3 weeks back everyone on this forum was saying we MUST keep Berge
I was saying that as soon as he has a bad game....the same fans will be saying why didn't we selll.

We kept him because the club was taking a massive gamble and showing big ambition.
The Prince yet again showed, we're not a selling club, unless it's on our terms.

Good on Saturday against a poor championship side.

Poor tonight against a good championship side.

This pretty much sums him up. Miles away from the quality argued by the dwindling yet persistent band of fanboys.

He’s a decent but limited championship footballer.

He’s your classic luxury player. He’ll be a complete waste for us next season if we get promoted.

He will never cut it in the best leagues in Europe. Weak as piss against anyone that will put a challenge on him.

Turing down that £20m is going to look like the worst decision we've ever made in 6 months
Totally agree, we had an opportunity to have someone else's leg up for a change.

If we're learnt nothing else tonight, it's that McAtee and Berge are fucking dog shit against agile, fast, mobile midfield opposition.

Which means neither are fit for purpose if we're looking to get promoted.

All the cretins who were online gloating after his goal on Saturday asking where all the Berge critics were - well we only had to wait 3 days for him to be wank again...
We really needed a fit Doyle tonight, but again injuries cost us.
Boro's injury doubt, Archer, played of course and tore us apart.

We really needed a fit Doyle tonight, but again injuries cost us.
Boro's injury doubt, Archer, played of course and tore us apart.

Doyle is another who has one decent game, one average game and then injured for 4...

He was often the highest midfielder and at times the highest United player. Clearly a tactical decision. There is a high price for an ineffectual high press against a decent side. We paid it

When they broke the United press he wasn't in the
United half until the third or fourth phase of Boro moves as he had to get from one box to the other.. Tactical genius to watch this unfold again and again and do nothing to alter the starting position of our midfielders. The reason our midfield was bypassed was the position of the players. It didn't help that Norwood kept giving the ball away in our half.

Everybody knows what we needed in midfield in the summer but we didn't get one. An athletic box to box shitehouse that will sit there and break play up whilst the footballers destroy teams. It's hard to remember the last one we had.

Last edited:
Good move btw to stand Akpom on Norwood from goal kicks and deep positions.. When they decided to go over the press they pinned Norwood, got runners if Akpom and overloaded the midfield. Zero chance for Berge or Mcattee to get back from their half. Impossible for Norwood to deal with that pace and physicality. Did we adapt as the game went on 🤣

Being available to be picked and staying available to be picked is the main attribute he's lacking...

That's one. Personally feel he lacks pace, strength, vision etc. He's a steady Championship midfielder imo. I can't understand the clamour to sign him if we go up.

Have still to be completely convinced about his price-tag, reputation and capability. Tonight we saw McAtee being pressed by three players and turning his back to face our end and Berge stood watching in space, or Norwood/Bogle/Lowe in possession and looking for a runner into that space. At one stage with us 3-1 down Bogle was stood halfway in their half and Boro flooding to get back behind the ball and him gesturing to others 'who is there to pass to?' We need Berge making space and receiving. We've seen he can be (largely) difficult to dispossess and when moving forward can put defences in the back foot. If we need a box-to-box playmaker then McCall needs to work on making Sander Berge that person. Boro simply didn't fear him on or off the ball and he was easy to simply cancel out of the game. It's that inconsistency which for me makes him so irrelevant and amazed that people still have such a boner on about him. For all his supposed talent, he doesn't half look at times like a host of bang average to poor midfielders we've seen at Bramall Lane, people like Michael Doyle, Mark Patterson and Lundstram. Fleeting glimpses of star quality won't wash this season and definitely won't wash next if we go up. Premier League midfields are together, fast, agile and generate goals and chances and are bought and crafted on consistency. If he continues like he is, and I haven't seen anything which convinces me otherwise, then he's gonna get found out badly. He only had half a season in the PL last time up and this time he's had two seasons in a league where on paper he should be head and shoulders above anything the opposition has.

pommpey

Back
Top Bottom