Berge

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We'll be better off without Berge next season

If we get near 20m and sign a replacement, I'm going to order a giant pizza or 3 to celebrate

I agree, he spends far too often injured to justify keeping him.

If we can recoup pretty much what we paid for him then its good business.

Would be good if we recoup he's fee , however we can't re invest and strengthen so...

We are trying to push on.

We will be free to look towards building a team for next season that will make us more competitive

What that would mean in terms of replacement is, depending on how we view Berge positionally....

Signing a CM who is more combative, for a team who will have little possession
or
Signing an attacking mid/wide fwd who is a more natural fit in that position and more likely to hurt PL defences

We'd end up signing both these types and be much better off for it

If we can get the money we paid for him back it’s a no brainer.
He plays well for 10 minutes a month, which considering the absolute dire opposition he is playing every week is not what a £20m+ player does.
Fans have been calling for him to be dropped for last few weeks.

Good luck to him as he seems a nice lad but £20m+ and I’ll happily see him leave

Selling Berge would imply the takeover has fallen through. Why would a club under the process of being taken over sell one of its most valuable assets? Surely that devalues the prospect.
Not a clue if it’s fallen through or not but if it hasn’t fallen through it’s a big worry for me the new owner is happy to sell one of our top two prize assets.

As soon as we lose Berge...... McBurnie comes back in

Worry not, this new version of McB will get us promoted. At least 8 more goals for him this season

Said on commentary interest from aseri A as well as fulham

If Berge joins Fulham this month there's a real chance history repeats itself for him: signs for a newly promoted club in an unexpected push for Europe....next season relegation?!

Selling Berge would imply the takeover has fallen through. Why would a club under the process of being taken over sell one of its most valuable assets? Surely that devalues the prospect.
We’d have accepted getting our money back in the summer if it was on the table, you’d have thought. If it’s £20-30m then that deal would have been done whenever. That money for someone coming into the last 18 months of his deal was always likely to be considered.

Can’t see how it means any takeover is on or off though?

If Berge joins Fulham this month there's a real chance history repeats itself for him: signs for a newly promoted club in an unexpected push for Europe....next season relegation?!

Watch him suddenly start performing like Kevin McDonald did for them..... as I expected him to for us

Not a clue if it’s fallen through or not but if it hasn’t fallen through it’s a big worry for me the new owner is happy to sell one of our top two prize assets.
Maybe the new owner has been watching Berge play recently and would simply rather have twenty million quid?

We’d have accepted getting our money back in the summer if it was on the table, you’d have thought. If it’s £20-30m then that deal would have been done whenever. That money for someone coming into the last 18 months of his deal was always likely to be considered.

It's because Willglynning is a bedwetter

If a fee had been agreed for the club then it would have been factoring in all the assets the club has. If we’re suddenly selling one of our most valuable assets (regardless of how his recent performances have devalued his worth in the eyes of fans on here), it would imply that there has been a sudden shift.

If a club is in the process of being taken over then surely they wouldn’t be selling players that contribute towards the overall value of said club.

Back
Top Bottom