Berge

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If a fee had been agreed for the club then it would have been factoring in all the assets the club has. If we’re suddenly selling one of our most valuable assets (regardless of how his recent performances have devalued his worth in the eyes of fans on here), it would imply that there has been a sudden shift.

If a club is in the process of being taken over then surely they wouldn’t be selling players that contribute towards the overall value of said club.
I don’t think it does at all.
It implies the clubs valuation of the player has been met. That’s is all.

For all you know the new owner may have sanctioned it.

Will be sorry to see him go. However I'd rather we sold him than Ndiaye or Jebbison.

I would assume that the new owner would have been sounded out about this.

If it allows us to clear any outstanding payments and allows PH to bring in someone to help us over the line then its good sense.

If it’s going to happen that is, but you have to think it’s done with him not in the squad

If we've had an offer anywhere near what we paid then he goes. His agent and national team manager has been touting him around Europe for the last 12 months. I'm not sure what that's based on as he's missed big chunks of the last 2 seasons, but he has ability just a lack of consistency and desire to get hold of games on a regular basis.

With Khadra sent packing and now cashing in on Sander we ll be missing 1st team quality midfield/cover at the most critical part of the league season (see next 10 fixtures).
Let's hope the board are not just thinking Flecks back soon and we ve got Ozzy. And instead use a chunk of the funds to bring in a "suitable" replacement to build on for this and next 2-3 seasons... Doubt it though, who am I kidding, it's the blades way!

I’d say getting what we paid for him perfectly articulates his time here - good and bad, hot and cold. About even
I'd say it would be an absolute miracle

He's 3 years older, has been injured half the time, we've been relegated to the championship and he's barely excelled there

We’d have accepted getting our money back in the summer if it was on the table, you’d have thought. If it’s £20-30m then that deal would have been done whenever. That money for someone coming into the last 18 months of his deal was always likely to be considered.

Can’t see how it means any takeover is on or off though?
Circumstances were different last summer tho Bob. We weren’t in the promotion position we find ourselves in now.

Regarding any deal being on or off, I suppose only from the perspective that if the potential new owner was serious and loaded that perhaps he would want to keep his assets especially as promotion is at stake? The fact that appears not to be happening leaves a few questions.

The potential new owner is not too bothered the club is selling assets? If so why? The club are in a good position to achieve promotion to £150m why jeopardise that? Our near rivals are strengthening, we are arguably weakening our squad depth?

The potential new owner has pulled out, hence the player(s) sale to raise funds.

The potential new owner is not as rich as perhaps we would all like? We’ll see……… if it happens of course?

I could well be barking up the wrong tree but flogging Berge mid takeover to me is concerning.

Personally I wouldn't swap your 20 million for my 150 million but that's what the club has potentially done.The form with Berge in the team says it all... Champions. Berge has been good as gold never pushing for a move and playing through the pain barrier (can see a few rewriting history on this thread already). The sooner the Prince is gone the better if it isn't huge money (30 million +). The manage made it clear that he wanted to keep the squad together. If a new owner has green lit it then that's equally as scary.

Far worse than Beattie flu by the way. Not quite Deane/Fjortoft or is it worse considering the league position?

Personally I wouldn't swap your 20 million for my 150 million but that's what the club has potentially done.The form with Berge in the team says it all... Champions. Berge has been good as gold never pushing for a move and playing through the pain barrier (can see a few rewriting history on this thread already). The sooner the Prince is gone the better if it isn't huge money (30 million +). The manage made it clear that he wanted to keep the squad together. If a new owner has green lit it then that's equally as scary.
He and his agent dont want to be here.

I feel torn about Sander. On the one hand, teams seeking promotion shouldnt be selling their best players. On the other, the lad is quite inconsistent and injury prone. If we have to sell to pay our bills, I'd rather Sander go than Ndiaye - and If Sander is going, it must be on the proviso that someone else is coming in. Osborn is not an adequate level of cover. Not remotely.

And of course, any additional sales, e.g. Ndiaye would be suicide and unforgivable given where we are in the table.

This is a Quinn type situation, wants to stay been told to pack a bag because the club is in a financial mess.

Playing Doyle and McAtee together just doesn't work. The last two league games where they started together were Blackpool 3-3 and Stoke (a) 1-3.
The only games where we have conceded more than two all season. It might have just been that we were on a poor run but you can't blame PH if he doesn't try it again, apart from the Cup where it doesn't matter.
What a surprise, 3 games Doyle and McAtee have now started together, 9 goals conceded.

Reactions: BV
More than happy to stay.

Neil Warnock said he had the best squad ever..................... with all 12/15 teams he had.

I'm pissed off - because.
I want more money.
I don't like living in Sheffield.

Things that players never say..
It's called being diplomatic.

If he goes to Fulham it proves that he really isn't ambitious we surely will be in the premier league with them next season and we are a bigger club than them imho
Why are we a bigger club than Fulham?

They have been in the EPL 15 seasons this century.

The club is forcing him out per Hecky
Hecky wants Sander to stay, Sander is happy to stay, and he is fit.

So who picked the team today?

Hecky has been sounding more and more uncomfortable when talking about the takeover, the embargo, and the possibility of players leaving. While I think he's limited as a manager, I have a huge amount of respect for him making it very clear that if anyone is sold it is against his wishes. If the new owners have anything to do with any sales, I'm really hoping they won't be interfering with team selections too.

Back
Top Bottom