Berge

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

What sort of club do you reckon it will be? I think only Newcastle in this country have that type of money to be throwing around.
Yes I could see that. I'm sure there was murmurings of interest from them back end of last season too. I'm surprised Forest didn't test the water before spending big earlier in the window.

At least £30m or tell anyone interested to fuck off imo, towards then end of last season and yesterday he's really starting to look like a player, controlled the game yesterday,hopefully the young uns wvee nought in can do the dogs work for.him and let his quality shine through

We were poor at Watford whose front 3 is the best in the league but if we can add a goalscorer in his prime to this team we can get automatic
If he starts putting in more games like yesterday and less of his 'disappearing man' act as against Watford, we might just get back what we paid for him

If he starts putting in more games like yesterday and less of his 'disappearing man' act as against Watford, we might just get back what we paid for him

Why would we sell him? Loads of people putting a figure on him, but how would they replace him? I can’t remember a single suggestion that made sense.

Possession is 9/10ths of the law

Surely, unless we get a really silly offer (£40m say) we can afford to say to him "look Sander, you're going to be the main man this season, and we think we can get promoted. Give us until January, and if we're not in/around the top 2 then we'll let you go for less" ?

I get the idea that breaking even would be alright, but he's potentially one of the best players in the division...we've got to do everything we can to keep him until the end of this window imho.
Do clubs sign players for £30/40m in January though? It would be suicidal to sell him in January if you’re on route to promotion.

If we were rich I’d completely agree with you but I think at some point we’ll need the money back & maybe now while his stock is high we might look at a bid providing its £22m plus - the good thing for us fans is I don’t see any one paying that much for him while he’s playing in the championship

I think the difference at the moment is mcabbe would have forced through a sale at £5 to 7m to any fuxker that would have taken him, the Prince is a bit more inclined to gamble, if his next 3 games are like the last someone in the prem will pay 30m no question about it, the Prince is more switched on imo... look at ramsdale.. we've arguably got £30m and a better keeper in wes
100% he wouldn’t even be here in the first place if McCabe was in charge

Do clubs sign players for £30/40m in January though? It would be suicidal to sell him in January if you’re on route to promotion.

If we were rich I’d completely agree with you but I think at some point we’ll need the money back & maybe now while his stock is high we might look at a bid providing its £22m plus - the good thing for us fans is I don’t see any one paying that much for him while he’s playing in the championship
No that's fair. I meant if we get a silly offer in summer then fair, or if we're not challenging in Jan then £22m would be ok.

Why would we sell him? Loads of people putting a figure on him, but how would they replace him? I can’t remember a single suggestion that made sense.

Possession is 9/10ths of the law
Because we need the money?
Because our owner is skint?
I've a feeling our recent recruitment has been morgaged with a view to selling Sander.

Haaland scoring today made me go into thoughts about Berge.

I know those two are close friends. Probably living an hour from each other now, I can see that making Berge more settled and happy to give it a full season with United.

On the flip side, I can imagine them going to dinner and when Haaland is talking about a champions league game on Tuesday, Berge is talking about Preston Away.

I wonder if he had a moment of regret when he saw that Club Brugge had won 4-0 at Porto in the Champions League yesterday.

I wonder if he had a moment of regret when he saw that Club Brugge had won 4-0 at Porto in the Champions League yesterday.
Regret what? They never met the asking fee.

Berge and ndiaye got some rough treatment from Swansea last night berge always having 2 men and Swansea flooding the areas he likes to create an overload in and stopped him playing

Still nice to see that makes him shit and lazy again in the eyes of the uneducable

Norwegian media asked Berge about this tweet from the club:

1664002954045.png

Berge replied he hadn't seen it. There's an ongoing thing up here about Norwegian players and their choice of clubs (focusing on the owners). Mathias Normann has been excluded from the national team because he chose to sign for a Russian club. Haaland has also been asked about Man City's owners.

View attachment 144452

Berge replied he hadn't seen it. There's an ongoing thing up here about Norwegian players and their choice of clubs (focusing on the owners). Mathias Normann has been excluded from the national team because he chose to sign for a Russian club. Haaland has also been asked about Man City's owners.
If Noway have got a problem, don’t pick them then. See how that works out. I’m getting a little tired of your National side’s manager digging Berge out for playing for us. I’d be more than happy if he was back in Sheffield resting rather than risking injury playing for a team that seems to have issues with him.

View attachment 144452

If they go down that line of thinking then they won't be calling up any of their best players for international duty in the future.

Better yet they can send Berge back early if they want.

If Noway have got a problem, don’t pick them then. See how that works out. I’m getting a little tired of your National side’s manager digging Berge out for playing for us. I’d be more than happy if he was back in Sheffield resting rather than risking injury playing for a team that seems to have issues with him.
Solbakken is a huge fan of Berge and is pleased with his recent form. He says he's now making more use of his natural ability inherited by his athletic parents. Solbakken hasn't made further comments on Berge playing for us. Maybe his last comments came after rewatching the Coventry away game last season? 😉 He's said Normann and Haaland's situations are quite different.

Berge has spoken about things going really well for him and he's really enjoying being appreciated by Blades fans.

A journalist brought up the tweet in a pre match press conference.

Apparently they moved him to right of a 4 4 2 in the second half having started him as a CDM.

Oh and they lost.

Was thinking similar TBH...

That interview with the Norwegian TV channel other day, all the questions were very leading. Rather than ask how he's enjoying being top of the league it was all about how he can get to a better club.

Then their manager a fee week back saying he needs to be at a bigger club... just fuck off. He's in your top 3 best players. Doesn't matter where he plays

Was ready to go if a move went ahead, but was still going to trainings and preparing for next match with Sheffield United.

Nothing really controversial in that article at all tbh.

One of a few norwegian players performing tonight. Had a few og his classic rightsideruns. Very comfortable with the ball.

He Said in an interview, the Prestonmanager had called for his players to Rob him off the ball as he was so slow. One of the PNE players told him after the game they,d done a big mistake ,he looks slow but is not.

He Said in an interview, the Prestonmanager had called for his players to Rob him off the ball as he was so slow. One of the PNE players told him after the game they,d done a big mistake ,he looks slow but is not.

The Yaya Norway nickname is very apt. Like Yaya he strides past people whilst making it look like he’s casual at half pace

Then their manager a fee week back saying he needs to be at a bigger club... just fuck off. He's in your top 3 best players. Doesn't matter where he plays

Taking your red and white Sheff Utd spectacles off then of course the team and league has a massive effect on player development.
This explains why Man City want McAtee and Doyle to play games in the Championship at Sheff Utd.

Regards Norway, they've recently had 3 top young talents.
Haaland has been developing in the German top flight playing regular Champions League with Borrusia Dortmund
Odegard has been developing in the Spanish top flight at Real Madrid (hardly played) but is now a regular at Arsenal in the Premier League
Berge has been developing at Bruges in the Belgian top flight with rumours he'll join a big club in a major league.

So imagine if you were manager of Norway and was following the career paths of these 3 players.

Your immediate reaction would be "why is Berge wasting his time playing in the English 2nd tier"
and "Berge ideally needs to be playing regularly in the Champions League"
or at least "playing at a top class club training with top international players"

The whole point of joining Sheff United was to put him in the shop window so he could end up playing for a champions league level club
so their manager will be disappointed that he's hardly progressed, still plenty of time as he's still young.

Back
Top Bottom