Berge, WTF?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If we can get decent money for him like 30 million, I would definitely sell him, this would give the club income to operate on after relegation and a few quid for some new players the new manager will want to strengthen the side

IMO it really is. he has a release clause, they either meet it or he stays, he's under contract so hasn't got much of a choice if we played hard ball.. And he strikes me as the kinda guy who'd just take it on the chin and get on with it. He is a passenger most of the time.. However look at what he's playing with, he's not exactly playing in a team who're playing any form of football.. I think the league below will give him the extra time on the ball to really get his head up and crack on.. And i really REALLY do hope he stays as he'd be a good player to build a team around.

We need to raise funds - it could be that those within the club agree with what many fans (not you and others, I appreciate) believe - that he is just not that good.

£20M is far from his buyout fee, but far in excess of the value of anything I've seen in him.

If we need to raise money, then offloading him for anywhere near what we've paid for him would be an ultimate get out of jail free card for us, in my opinion.

I read other day he had a 12m release clause in his contract, apparently that is wrong the release clause is 35m that would be nice to get or bit more.

Probably more like 35m than 12m, release clauses are very rarely less than what the initial fee was. Thats the idea behind them, bit like a Buy it Now price in an auction. Cut out the negotiation but you might have to pay more for the privilege.

Probably more like 35m than 12m, release clauses are very rarely less than what the initial fee was. Thats the idea behind them, bit like a Buy it Now price in an auction. Cut out the negotiation but you might have to pay more for the privilege.
Lots of rumours circulating that we might let him go for 10 million ish. Ironically Liverpool,after having our pants down with Brewster, are offering that insulting figure.
We should just do what Norwich did with Buendia and keep him unless we get at least 30 million.

Lots of rumours circulating that we might let him go for 10 million ish. Ironically Liverpool,after having our pants down with Brewster, are offering that insulting figure.
We should just do what Norwich did with Buendia and keep him unless we get at least 30 million.
You would say that that rumour is BS, but you never know what clauses are written into contracts. There could be a lesser amount release clause of 10m if we get relegated - which we did.

You just don't know 🤷

It’s nonsense, it’s from a Liverpool blog where they’ve pulled the number out the air.
The board have said £35M is the clause and that is met or he stays and he’s apparently not agitating for a move.

The 10 million is a piece of bad journalism that’s made it into the endless recycling machine that is the click bait football press at the top level.

The true story as it was originally reported months ago is that the release clause dropped by 10 million following relegation from a fee of 45 million to one of 35 million.
Unfortunately it’s entered to realm of clickbait sites which surround top six clubs and don’t employ journalists they just copy and paste stories from elsewhere verbatim so I’d expect to see it repeated again and again all summer. For an example you can find 5 identical stories on different sites about our new academy youngster peck because he’s come from arsenal.

It’s nonsense, it’s from a Liverpool blog where they’ve pulled the number out the air.
The board have said £35M is the clause and that is met or he stays and he’s apparently not agitating for a move.
When did they say this Bob?

When did they say this Bob?
Was going to say the same. The board have never come out and officially said 35 million. That ironically was also media speculation on what they understood the relegation release fee to be originally..

Liverpool can get fucked after the Brewster bollocks.

Well they could get fucked anyway to begin with, but it'll take 30 goals at the bare minimum from Brewster next season (league only) for me to forgive them for selling him to us.

Far too sensible for the McCabe apologists amongst our fan base who have barely reached the 20th century regarding transfer fees let alone the 21st

The 10 million is a piece of bad journalism that’s made it into the endless recycling machine that is the click bait football press at the top level.

The true story as it was originally reported months ago is that the release clause dropped by 10 million following relegation from a fee of 45 million to one of 35 million.
Unfortunately it’s entered to realm of clickbait sites which surround top six clubs and don’t employ journalists they just copy and paste stories from elsewhere verbatim so I’d expect to see it repeated again and again all summer. For an example you can find 5 identical stories on different sites about our new academy youngster peck because he’s come from arsenal.
just wonder yogi if this figure of 10m from liverpool also includes us not paying the rest we probably owe them with rian brewster ?

TBH I won't miss him and would welcome the cash. He's been like a soggy bag of chips in a cardboard box instead of nice crispy ones in a newspaper.

That is a insult and why would we sell a player for less than what we paid for him

just wonder yogi if this figure of 10m from liverpool also includes us not paying the rest we probably owe them with rian brewster ?
I would doubt it purely because some of that is likely to be incentive related based on him making appearances scoring goals etc. Right now as much as I hope he comes good paying that off upfront would look like money for old rope.

I would doubt it purely because some of that is likely to be incentive related based on him making appearances scoring goals etc. Right now as much as I hope he comes good paying that off upfront would look like money for old rope.
wasnt it 23m for brewster ? or was it 17m with add ons ? in any case chance is weve only paid a minimum of half of that figure thats why im wondering if the 10m offer plus writing off what we owe on brewster is klopps idea of a deal ?

I honestly believe this 10 million figure has come from a misunderstanding, United are probably looking for an initial down payment of that in a total of 35 million

wasnt it 23m for brewster ? or was it 17m with add ons ? in any case chance is weve only paid a minimum of half of that figure thats why im wondering if the 10m offer plus writing off what we owe on brewster is klopps idea of a deal ?
I can’t remember the breakdown but there being add ons involved sounds right. Still represents a bad deal for United because we need cash upfront this year to rebuild and getting out of paying a 5 million pound instalment won’t do us much good.

It's not jyst from a Liverpool blog. It's from a Liverpool blog that took it from an Italian blog who translated a story from Corrielle de la Sport

I can’t remember the breakdown but there being add ons involved sounds right. Still represents a bad deal for United because we need cash upfront this year to rebuild and getting out of paying a 5 million pound instalment won’t do us much good.
oh it definetly was a bad deal for us regarding brewster a huge gamble that failed although i will reserve judgement on him till we see how he performs in slavs system at a lower level just never thought the lad looked happy playing for us last season as for berge we shouldnt be considering any offer thats less than 25m and if we dont get that amount he stays here with us

oh it definetly was a bad deal for us regarding brewster a huge gamble that failed although i will reserve judgement on him till we see how he performs in slavs system at a lower level just never thought the lad looked happy playing for us last season as for berge we shouldnt be considering any offer thats less than 25m and if we dont get that amount he stays here with us
Yeah I’m hoping a change of gaffer and by extension culture couple with winning some games sees a smile return to the face of a few players. The vibrancy of jebbison coming from a side where he was used to winning and scoring goals was palpable.

Probably the wrong player at the wrong time.
Certainly the wrong type of player.

We spent a huge amount of money on a player who rarely contributes to goal scoring chances. You do that when you are 100% sure you've sorted both ends of the pitch. We had a loan keeper, no cover at CB and forwards who weren't scoring or able to create their own chances.

Yeah I’m hoping a change of gaffer and by extension culture couple with winning some games sees a smile return to the face of a few players. The vibrancy of jebbison coming from a side where he was used to winning and scoring goals was palpable.
jebbison and hackford are both promising young strikers and will be part of the squad but its a big big season for both brewster and mcburnie for the money they cost us both should be capable of getting 20 plus goals in the championship i live in hope but im not overly confident about either of them hope im proved completely wrong

Probably the wrong player at the wrong time.
Certainly the wrong type of player.

We spent a huge amount of money on a player who rarely contributes to goal scoring chances. You do that when you are 100% sure you've sorted both ends of the pitch. We had a loan keeper, no cover at CB and forwards who weren't scoring or able to create their own chances.
new manager new system plus playing at a lower level i think berge would be immense for us in the championship but as ive said 25m minimum for me or he stays

Back
Top Bottom