CONFIRMED Ben Davies signs on loan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If Bournemouth are in for him - surely he would stand just as good (better) chance of PL football with them next year.

id be tempted to wait it out if I was him.
Potentially but he won’t wait it out he’ll sign a precontract agreement this jan with someone because that gives him security if he gets injured before the end of the season. Also cwak currently have a very good reputation for developing centrebacks they’ve made O’Connell Egan and Basham significantly better players so from his point of view we might be the better career move regardless of division.

Potentially but he won’t wait it out he’ll sign a precontract agreement this jan with someone because that gives him security if he gets injured before the end of the season. Also cwak currently have a very good reputation for developing centrebacks they’ve made O’Connell Egan and Basham significantly better players so from his point of view we might be the better career move regardless of division.
Note: Can't sign a pre-contract with an English team.

Couldn't we offer Bryan or Robinson as a swap? Would they want either of them 😂
Why wouldn’t they? Robinson is a proven Championship player. Bryan has been tainted in the eyes of our more ignorant fans because of what happened to him illness & injury wise after he signed, but he’s a decent player as other clubs will know.

Couldn't we offer Bryan or Robinson as a swap? Would they want either of them 😂
tbh a straight swap for Robinson would be fair, both players valued similarly and Davies’ contract situation. Problem is, i am not sure how much faith i have in Davies being any better than what we have already

tbh a straight swap for Robinson would be fair, both players valued similarly and Davies’ contract situation. Problem is, i am not sure how much faith i have in Davies being any better than what we have already
I think after watching today if he’s mobile and can consistently win his aerial duels then yes.

might as well stick with robinson if were gonna carry on playing this system but really wish chris would change it its getting boring

Celtic interested in signing him. Genk also a possible bidder if they don't get Mark McKenzie.

Ben Davies, with The Mail on Sunday (3/1; page 137) reporting that the defender has concerns about joining Sheffield United
It is noted that Sheffield United are also in the running. However, the report claims that Davies has concerns about joining the Blades
Chris Wilder’s men are in a terrible position in the top flight. They have collected two points from their opening 17 games. In fairness,
the gap between themselves and those above the drop zone line is not insurmountable just yet

Ben Davies, with The Mail on Sunday (3/1; page 137) reporting that the defender has concerns about joining Sheffield United
It is noted that Sheffield United are also in the running. However, the report claims that Davies has concerns about joining the Blades
Chris Wilder’s men are in a terrible position in the top flight. They have collected two points from their opening 17 games. In fairness,
the gap between themselves and those above the drop zone line is not insurmountable just yet

Not being unreasonable but why would he join us. Play 5 months of PL football, get relegated and then ‘possibly’ replaced by JOC after that.
He would be insane to join.

somebody has put on the brandon williams thread that davies doesnt want to join united because he would be earning less with united than staying at preston eh being outdone on salaries by little preston on 11k gates no wonder were in trouble

I don't see how our plight is a boon for Celtic.

They have totally surrendered the ascendency in Scotland. Our plight is well documented. But being 19 behind Rangers in a two horse race is just as shite if not moreso.

He'd be a very good addition. Would allow us to coax back JOC too mad rotate properly the workload.

More sense arguably in this sort of deal than perhaps a Rojo on big wages and no asset at the end of it.

I don't see how our plight is a boon for Celtic.

They have totally surrendered the ascendency in Scotland. Our plight is well documented. But being 19 behind Rangers in a two horse race is just as shite if not moreso.

He'd be a very good addition. Would allow us to coax back JOC too mad rotate properly the workload.

More sense arguably in this sort of deal than perhaps a Rojo on big wages and no asset at the end of it.

I'd rather we hobbled through with what we have than cover Rojo's £100k a week wages. Keep the money for the Summer rebuild.

He’d be a quality addition for a relegated side, not better than Egan or Basham IMO, but clear of Robinson & Ampadu in the problem position.

It’s going to be a tough sell with us almost certainly playing Championship football next season. That’s where £££ would sway somebody and his agent.

I think we’ll get to keep O’Connell until next Jan, no club will take him for our asking price without him proving his fitness.

somebody has put on the brandon williams thread that davies doesnt want to join united because he would be earning less with united than staying at preston eh being outdone on salaries by little preston on 11k gates no wonder were in trouble
No, it’s said they’ll be a relegation clause and that his wage would drop to just over what he’s on now when we go down

and preston are a bigger club than us ???
That's not the point is it.

We're a risk, and whether we like it or not, a lot of players are money driven and few want a relegation on their Wikipedia page.

If Davies wants a challenge, he'd consider us. Worse case scenario he's back where he is now with 6 months in the shop window at the top level.

Best case scenario, he's a fucking hero with a juicy staying up bonus and a decent price price tag hung on him.

I think the league position is a bigger problem for attracting Davies than wages. As others have said, it's not appealing to play 5 months PL football without fans and for a team that's destined for the Championship. He can wait to the summer and then assess which option is best where he'll have more options because Preston can't demand any fee as he's over 25. Financially he can also assess which option will be better in the summer obviously.

Back
Top Bottom