Beerschot link up

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Union was last in the first division when there were still dinosaurs walking around. They are a tradition club but have a small fan base and only the third club in Brussels after Anderlecht and RWDM. They have done good cheap transfers the last years via Bloom’s data scouting and are reaping the rewards now.
I’ve been to see Union a few times over the years. At first I wasn’t convinced (thought it was a bit ‘football-hipster’ you know, like St Pauli?) but as you say it is a proper club with some great characters in the stands. I’ve always had a good time there, though sadly often come home pissed, and I’m glad to see them doing well. A few of my mates have bought season tickets and I must admit that I was tempted until wifey pointed out that I already have one for BDTBL that I don’t use 🙄. Sometimes it’s just not worth the aggravation is it?

Another loss today PurpleRain , Coulibaly not even making the bench..

Looks like you got the short term new manager bounce, but now back to losing regularly 🙁
I think Coulibaly is injured, possibly for a couple of months. I’ve no idea if we intended to but it may put paid to any chance we had of bringing him over here in Jan as his % games played will be dropping.

if Beerschot are relegated and he kicks a ball for them in the second tier we’ll have no chance, much like that lad at Parma who we were allegedly linked to earlier this season.

I think Coulibaly is injured, possibly for a couple of months. I’ve no idea if we intended to but it may put paid to any chance we had of bringing him over here in Jan as his % games played will be dropping.

if Beerschot are relegated and he kicks a ball for them in the second tier we’ll have no chance, much like that lad at Parma who we were allegedly linked to earlier this season.
Yeah I was also wondering about the % of games required to play in order to earn a work permit.

It seems to me PurpleRain that you just have too many strikers who couldn't finish their dinner.

I kept an eye on the stats though would have liked to have caught the live match.

21 shots says all you need to know about what you are doing right and wrong.

When we went down, talking of fine margins became a running joke.

But it seemed that 2-1 or 3-1 would have been a fair reflection at half time but you just couldn't take your chances. Must be very frustrating.

You've been in a few of those lately. It would be nice if those strikers we are not even using could jump over there in January and help out.

If you're playing 4-3-3 then Burke and Freeman right and left and AN other might make a world of difference. But I think the player consent might be the issue. No guarantee they would be open to it.

To clarify. The post Brexit Points Based System for Governing Body Endorsement is based on Available Minutes played. If the player is injured, those are minutes where he is Unavailable For Selection.
In short, your % of minutes do NOT drop while you're injured. You are not losing out

If Coulibaly was a player that we’d been offered £10/15m for then we should have taken it. I can’t see him ever playing for us, is he that much of a talent? I doubt any of us truly know despite some of us pretending we’re big Belgian league fans

To clarify. The post Brexit Points Based System for Governing Body Endorsement is based on Available Minutes played. If the player is injured, those are minutes where he is Unavailable For Selection.
In short, your % of minutes do NOT drop while you're injured. You are not losing out
Didn’t know that, thank you.

If I was PH I would look to bring over Coubilay in Jan to assess him for next season.

If we don't then we run the risk of him going for less than we paid. £2m was it?

It looks like our youth loans over there haven't been a great success upto now.

Is it because they are not upto the demand of the league. Not good enough or not settling in over there? Or maybe a combination?

Either way I think we need to rethink which players are selected to move between the clubs.

Are you as good as relegated now purple rain? If so then I hope that plans for next season are being laid now and not left till the last minute like we had!!

Really depressing past weeks. It looked like we were able to mount a survival attempt but last weeks were horrible again. There are just no goals in the team. Can’t complain about the fighting spirit and at times played some decent football but our attacking players are non league standard at best. Very frustrating. We hope they are planning for next season now but no-one has anymore confidence in the owners and those that assembled this squad. They over paid massively for incompetent strikers. Something that seems to be a group theme. I will be happy when this season is over, it is one of the worst in my 40 years as a fan. I hope United’s fortunes are now turning for the better. Good luck Blades.

Maybe a good time for a reminder about the difficulties in bringing players over from the Belgian Second Division. (Band 6 in Work Permit terms).
A player would get two points for being contracted to a Belgian Second Division club.
A player would get an additional two points if they played over 90% of Available Minutes for their Belgian Second Division club.
A player would need fifteen points to move to Sheffield United.

Maybe a good time for a reminder about the difficulties in bringing players over from the Belgian Second Division. (Band 6 in Work Permit terms).
A player would get two points for being contracted to a Belgian Second Division club.
A player would get an additional two points if they played over 90% of Available Minutes for their Belgian Second Division club.
so what youre saying is January is potentially a bit of a ‘do or die’ moment for transferring the beerschot players over?

Does he have the required points to come over next month for Hecky to have a look at him ?

Does he have the required points to come over next month for Hecky to have a look at him ?
The five points he earned for making his debut as a youth player have now expired. So, he goes back to a basic ten points for being contracted in the Belgian First Division. He'd need to have played 40% of Available Minutes to earn the necessary five more points. That is a very detailed calculation (including knowing when he might have been injured or suspended). And is beyond my Pay Grade.
It's worth explaining (again) that players Work Permit status changes EVERY gameday. (Because there are available minutes, obvs). A player can be eligible for a Work Permit on the Saturday, but if he's left out on the Tuesday, he can become not eligible.
The last time I did back of the envelope (by asking on here), it did seem he would have been eligible then.
That was then, but this is now (Martin Fry)

so what youre saying is January is potentially a bit of a ‘do or die’ moment for transferring the beerschot players over?
Sort of. But what I'm really saying is...

This is all a fucking anti football ego project and we should sack this sort of shit off immediately

Changing the names of team, their kit colours & moving them to play in another city - I stand with the Calicut Quartz firm.

Get this gone.

Depending on how they calculate minutes, I suspect he'd still just about get a WP but it's not exactly clear whether he'd be ready to play games for us. Different league entirely. We saw how difficult Berge found it at first to get used to the pace and pressing. If we could get say £5 million for him, it would make sense to cash in (imo). Take the profit and invest it in the club.

The five points he earned for making his debut as a youth player have now expired. So, he goes back to a basic ten points for being contracted in the Belgian First Division. He'd need to have played 40% of Available Minutes to earn the necessary five more points. That is a very detailed calculation (including knowing when he might have been injured or suspended). And is beyond my Pay Grade.
It's worth explaining (again) that players Work Permit status changes EVERY gameday. (Because there are available minutes, obvs). A player can be eligible for a Work Permit on the Saturday, but if he's left out on the Tuesday, he can become not eligible.
The last time I did back of the envelope (by asking on here), it did seem he would have been eligible then.
That was then, but this is now (Martin Fry)

Have a like for the (slightly obscure) ABC song.

Sort of. But what I'm really saying is...

This is all a fucking anti football ego project and we should sack this sort of shit off immediately

Changing the names of team, their kit colours & moving them to play in another city - I stand with the Calicut Quartz firm.

Get this gone.

I didn't realise that Kerala United had moved stadiums? Didn't they also have financial problems prior to being bought out by BW? (I believe that they had withdrawn from two seasons in the Kerala Premier League) due to financial issues? Name change yes, but not sure what has really changed for them otherwise, no change in kit colours etc?

I didn't realise that Kerala United had moved stadiums? Didn't they also have financial problems prior to being bought out by BW? (I believe that they had withdrawn from two seasons in the Kerala Premier League) due to financial issues? Name change yes, but not sure what has really changed for them otherwise, no change in kit colours etc?
Calicut Quartz were founded in 1976.
United World bought them in 2020 & changed their entire identity. And moved them an hour and a halfs drive away. In a classic anti football ego project fuck the fans manoeuvre.

Calicut Quartz were founded in 1976.
United World bought them in 2020 & changed their entire identity. And moved them an hour and a halfs drive away. In a classic anti football ego project fuck the fans manoeuvre.

Fair enough, didn't know they had changed home ground. So they have done a Wimbledon / MK Don's then?

After the Blessin saga, I wonder if there is anyone at the club who realises that it is a moment. Ball_Sup (Phil) ??
Come on. Come on. Really. No chance.
It's blowing up in their face. Good. Step back.

We've signed a player.
Who was never eligible to put a shirt on.
Just so these fuckers can have their own set of Panini Albums.

On another note. Ferencvaros. Another club we used to have "in our stable" are currently Unofficial World Club Champions after beating Bayer Leverkusen in the week.

If I was PH I would look to bring over Coubilay in Jan to assess him for next season.

If we don't then we run the risk of him going for less than we paid. £2m was it?

It looks like our youth loans over there haven't been a great success upto now.

Is it because they are not upto the demand of the league. Not good enough or not settling in over there? Or maybe a combination?

Either way I think we need to rethink which players are selected to move between the clubs.

Are you as good as relegated now purple rain? If so then I hope that plans for next season are being laid now and not left till the last minute like we had!!
I don't see why you wouldn't bring him over.

There is a chance that we will lose players in January. In that sense he offers insurance. Get an offer for Berge, Dean Smith comes in for Hourihane or Wolves call back Gibbs-White last minute and all of a sudden the good work of the past few weeks gets undone because we are short in a key area.

He doesn't seem to be overly happy there and I can't imagine being thrown back into a futile relegation battle is what is going to bring him on development wise.

Plus if he plays a single game for them next season his value will plummet and he will not be able to kick a ball for us.

Get him over asap. Help him recover from injury, evaluate in Jan then either have h in the group or if he's not ready loan him to league one so he can get used to football over here.

Either way, United World have a call to make in January. Either they are going to blow the doors off and bring in some serious firepower or it is a foregone conclusion and, unlike how we seemingly meandered to relegation, I hope they are pragmatic. Players like Holzhauser you may as well sell in January to someone who is desperate or loan to United to put in the shop window. They are huge odds on to go down now. So you may as well start cashing in and get some experience to some of the younger players like Vaca or Okyere to see if they can be pillars of a promotion campaign next season.

I know that sounds defeatest. But I wish we had been pragmatic. Once Chris was gone, we should have been pushing players out the door and readying ourselves for the next season. Part of the issue thks season has been a bloated squad and a lack of leeway for the new manager. Slav's style was far too slow and ponderous and him wanting radical change was probably the wrong move. What we did to get promoted last time could still be replicated with a similar style. But you can't deny that not getting the players he wanted in the positions be wanted wasn't ideal to see what his end state team would have looked like.

I don't know the answer to this, but has anyone considered that if we bring him over and he doesn't play we might not be able to sell him as EU countries have work permit rules as well?

Went to see their result last night but it was called off assumed COVID but no....Police strike!

Went to see their result last night but it was called off assumed COVID but no....Police strike!
Yes and the FA rules state that a game called off by local authorities means 3-0 win for the away team. Here the game was forbidden by the local mayor. If it turns out this way it would bring us back to 5 points but the FA has never in it’s history made a decision in our favor so chances are slim. Would bring back some hope though, now with a home game against struggling Oostende and the winter transfer period about to start. There are some rumors we are in for 2 attacking players but will need to see it to believe it.

Back
Top Bottom