Beerschot link up

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Nice assist from Van Hammel for the clincher!

It looks like just the tonic you need. First goal is the sort of thing that hopefully will turn your season. Bit of a gift from them that you capitalised on and the goalie then did what was required. Unlucky when you hit the post too, straight into the goalie's hands on the rebound too. Must have had you wondering if it was going to go wrong at that point.

Only disappointing thing is that with Genk getting 4 characters the tv station couldn't have done the right thing and shortened the name to Beer!

That Paul Onuachu is absolutely huge! Don't see that many players over 2m. Did well to keep him at bay.

Bring on Zulte Waragem. Especially with Cercle Brugge playing Mechelen there would seem to be a good opportunity next week.

Coulibaly has a nasty foot injury, will be out for a while. Seriki already returned to United 2 weeks ago.
I wonder if it makes sense for all parties now to bring Coulibaly back. In the possible event the season went wrong, then his value would fall off a cliff if he was no longer eligible for a UK work permit. Plus the new manager there seems to be favouring a more robust midfield.

Having someone who can go box to box as Fleck's powers wane wouldn't be the worst thing for United at all. Plus he sounds unhappy from a personal perspective so we owe him a duty of care.

Who knows maybe Berge and Coulibaly could be the midfield that works for Jokanovic behind N'Diaye, Gibbs-White and a dedicated winger?

Nice assist from Van Hammel for the clincher!

It looks like just the tonic you need. First goal is the sort of thing that hopefully will turn your season. Bit of a gift from them that you capitalised on and the goalie then did what was required. Unlucky when you hit the post too, straight into the goalie's hands on the rebound too. Must have had you wondering if it was going to go wrong at that point.

Only disappointing thing is that with Genk getting 4 characters the tv station couldn't have done the right thing and shortened the name to Beer!

That Paul Onuachu is absolutely huge! Don't see that many players over 2m. Did well to keep him at bay.

Bring on Zulte Waragem. Especially with Cercle Brugge playing Mechelen there would seem to be a good opportunity next week.
Genk have some good players. Ito on the wing is ready for a higher league. I could see him play in the PL for a mid table team. Thorstved in midfield is also good. Was a big win for us and could be the turning point in the season. Zulte is having a poor spell, that’s a huge game next week. It will be interesting to see what the owners will do in the transfer market if we are still alive and kicking come January.

Hopefully that is your Nottingham forest ( season under Bassett) moment, did not realise you had signed Mcburnie ( no. 8 )
good luck for the rest of the season

Good to see fannying around in your own penalty area is alive and well in Belgium too. I will never understand the thinking behind this style of play, makes the game boring like basketball this keepball shite, that is until you give a goal away as happen all too often.

Bad result for you today PurpleRain

Once Mechelen got level with Cercle Brugge you must have been hoping for a loss for your current rivals.

3-1 a decent win. Hopefully you can match it and get 3 points tomorrow. I see your opponent has taken a few hammerings in recent weeks.

If you could win, those two results would seem to drag a few others into contention, maybe the odd team not already with the mentality to take on a fight for survival.

Big game more than ever tomorrow.

Good luck!

Thanks, it will be a fight till the end. Strange results today… Two must win games now for us.

In Mali they speak French. In Belgium they speak French.
I don't know whether the lad speaks much English but maybe the Club feels he will be more at home with Beerschot.

Isn’t Antwerp Flemish speaking?

I wonder if it makes sense for all parties now to bring Coulibaly back. In the possible event the season went wrong, then his value would fall off a cliff if he was no longer eligible for a UK work permit. Plus the new manager there seems to be favouring a more robust midfield.

Having someone who can go box to box as Fleck's powers wane wouldn't be the worst thing for United at all. Plus he sounds unhappy from a personal perspective so we owe him a duty of care.

Who knows maybe Berge and Coulibaly could be the midfield that works for Jokanovic behind N'Diaye, Gibbs-White and a dedicated winger?
Reckon if he's injured and we can get him into England we need to, every day that goes by with him not playing and beerschot looking like going down reduces his chances of ever coming here work permit wise

Not the best of starts for a must win game.

2 down after 13 minutes. Still a half left but this has been a bad weekend for Beerschot.

Not the best of starts for a must win game.

2 down after 13 minutes. Still a half left but this has been a bad weekend for Beerschot.
Last 3 games we played as a fighting unit, today back to zero with a shambolic performance. Same 11 players and such a difference in mentality. Very strange.

Last 3 games we played as a fighting unit, today back to zero with a shambolic performance. Same 11 players and such a difference in mentality. Very strange.
Maybe this new united world vision hasn't gone down well over in Belgium 🤔

Another disappointing result for Beerschot yesterday, losing their local derby to 2nd placed Antwerp 1-0 with Nainggolan getting the goal. It leaves them needing a similar run to what we've had this past week.

Hopefully they don't get further bad news. It looks like one of the supporters ran on the pitch and threw a flare into the opposition fans. Not too clever. We got part of a stand closed for similar a few years back. Last thing you could do with PurpleRain is a points deduction or playing behind closed doors:

As a matter of interest, of the XI which played, who isn't up to it?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-12-06-13-21-01-61.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-12-06-13-21-01-61.jpg
    329.1 KB · Views: 51
I know some people do take an interest in other clubs but surely I'm not the only one who couldn't give a flying something about beerschott? On another note made me laugh how they celebrate the lad launching a flare into the rival fans while over here he would be absolutely torn into and called every name under the sun!

This was the first derby with crowd in the stadium since many years and Antwerp fans had something coming. They attacked one of our busses with ordinary supporters with flares after an away game. After the game our fans also ran onto the pitch to confront them. Scenes I don’t like to see but understandable after what happened in the past and with the bad results which lead to an explosive cocktail. The game was fairly even and I thought we had the better chances but we just can’t score. Everyone in the team has picked up his performance level, it’s just that we have no goals in our team and then you will always struggle.

Attachments

• 3661897F-1981-49FB-B48E-6E5A761D2C3A.png
    3661897F-1981-49FB-B48E-6E5A761D2C3A.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 51
Btw, thanks to those who take an interest and like to chat. Our fortunes are linked, whether we want it or not and most likely players will move on between our clubs. It’s a real shame they didn’t send Tissoudali to you last winter because he is now the best attacker in Belgium and he only costed 750k. From our current team Radic is emerging as a big talent, Croatian u21 international, big strong centre back. If we had a skillful scoring striker we would be allright.

Btw, thanks to those who take an interest and like to chat. Our fortunes are linked, whether we want it or not and most likely players will move on between our clubs. It’s a real shame they didn’t send Tissoudali to you last winter because he is now the best attacker in Belgium and he only costed 750k. From our current team Radic is emerging as a big talent, Croatian u21 international, big strong centre back. If we had a skillful scoring striker we would be allright.
What's the history with Union SG?

I've never heard of them before but after a quick google, they're the 3rd most successful club in Belgium. When was the last time they were in the top flight?

Tony Bloom (Brighton chairman) owns them. How did they sneak under the radar?

We can send you McBurnie, he's not skillful and doesn't score many but he'd banter with the opposition subs and fans if that's any good?

What's the history with Union SG?

I've never heard of them before but after a quick google, they're the 3rd most successful club in Belgium. When was the last time they were in the top flight?

Tony Bloom (Brighton chairman) owns them. How did they sneak under the radar?
Union was last in the first division when there were still dinosaurs walking around. They are a tradition club but have a small fan base and only the third club in Brussels after Anderlecht and RWDM. They have done good cheap transfers the last years via Bloom’s data scouting and are reaping the rewards now.

Yeah, but did yours cost you €20m?
😭
We have two donkeys for which we broke our transfer record, 1.5 mio each which I guess is the equivalent of 20 mio if you take into account our total budget will be 10% of your total budget. Horror recruitment.

We have two donkeys for which we broke our transfer record, 1.5 mio each which I guess is the equivalent of 20 mio if you take into account our total budget will be 10% of your total budget. Horror recruitment.
I take it this is Suzuki and Eleke?
How is Shankland?

I take it this is Suzuki and Eleke?
How is Shankland?
Indeed Suzuki and Eleke. The latter is on loan in Turkish second division. Shankland works hard, puts in a shift but his ability is not good enough. Maybe in a team that dominates opponents and where he just has to wait around the box to finish he could make it at this level but not in a team where the striker is expected to either beat an opponent on pace or technical ability. He has neither of those qualities, unfortunately, because I like the lad and his mentality.

Another loss today PurpleRain , Coulibaly not even making the bench..

Looks like you got the short term new manager bounce, but now back to losing regularly 🙁

Back
Top Bottom