Beerschot link up

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

No idea of the quality of these guys PurpleRain but at least those being linked are either Belgium or have experience of the Belgium leagues. Probably something which should have been considered back in the summer before Jan fired up his latest Championship Manager version:

Beerschot has won a first winter transfer. The former Belgian youth international Dante Rigo comes over from the Dutch PSV. Rigo signs a contract until the end of the season, with an option for an extra season. The 23-year-old midfielder immediately left for the winter internship.

In addition, the red lantern in the Belgian league has also reached a verbal agreement with ex-Antwerp striker Felipe Avenatti of Standard. This is reported by Gazet van Antwerpen. The Uruguayan striker is currently on loan to Union, but he does not get to play there. There is therefore already an oral agreement between Standard and Beerschot, but not everything has been cleared up financially.

It looked like a DM was needed and Rigo seems to have at least shown promise in his youth if not a little unfulfilled at PSV.

Avenatti is 6'5" though not all tall strikers are target men necessarily, at least it would give your attack some focal point.

At least something is happening I suppose. What are your thoughts?

We were hoping for higher profile signings, players who are excelling in second division or who are playing regularly in first division. Rigo is a gamble, has never played in our league and struggled to get a game in 2021. Positive is that if we go down this is a player that could take up the challenge in a lower division. He is about the age that he needs to earn his place in a team or become an unfulfilled talent. Avenatti was a good striker 3 years ago but since then his performances were poor and 3 clubs in 3 years where he hardly played says it all. Would be a stupid signing. Only reason why they sign him is because he would be a very cheap loan signing. But not what we need at all. We need technical ability and pace up front.
At least something is happening but this is not buying your way out of trouble. At least I hope they are planning for second division with these signings and are building a team to come straight back up.

Think of the oddballs we've had on the payroll since the Prince took over, who was the former fenerbache??? Hooligan Where's he now and what did he actually do???

Was he an advisor, on how to trigger a flare attack, if so we've been OK with that for years...

(I can hear the disapproving moans already)
Baki. FFS. What was he doing anywhere near our Club? I can't find him on Twitter any more. But, he Royally wound the Carrier Bag Firm up with all his nonsense. Here's my Twitter spat with him after we got beat 2-1 at home off Fleetwood.

What sort of striker is Avenatti? As you say, had a decent scoring record 3 years back but struggling to get a game these days by the looks of it.

Belgian soccer fans filmed giving Nazi salutes, singing ‘Jews to the gas’​

Police investigating footage of antisemitic chants by fans of Beerschot club, near a soccer stadium in Antwerp​

The men chanted: “My father was in the commandos, my mother was in the SS, together they burned Jews ’cause Jews burn the best,” as well as “Hamas, Jews to the gas” while making the Nazi salutes. They appear to be fans of the Beerschot soccer team of Antwerp, the Gazet van Antwerpen reported.

Police investigating footage of antisemitic chants by fans of Beerschot club, near a soccer stadium in Antwerp​

The men chanted: “My father was in the commandos, my mother was in the SS, together they burned Jews ’cause Jews burn the best,” as well as “Hamas, Jews to the gas” while making the Nazi salutes. They appear to be fans of the Beerschot soccer team of Antwerp, the Gazet van Antwerpen reported.

Jews is the nickname of Antwerp fans. Those chants are directed at Antwerp fans. Haven’t heard the chants in years. I guess bad times and frustrations bring the worst out in people.

What sort of striker is Avenatti? As you say, had a decent scoring record 3 years back but struggling to get a game these days by the looks of it.
He’s a target man. Was a very good header. Last 3 years he mostly seemed immobile and when he does not get the service with crossed of little use. The only 2 wingers in our squad, Soumare and Sanyang, have been left out of the training camp and are out of favor with our manager so not much service to be expected from the wing or they should sign 2 new wingers as well…

A real shame that I would hope steps will be taken to identify those involved and take appropriate action.

Jews is the nickname of Antwerp fans. Those chants are directed at Antwerp fans. Haven’t heard the chants in years. I guess bad times and frustrations bring the worst out in people.
That’s very poor mate, no excuse for that sort of behaviour even rivalry and as others have said fans would be absolutely and rightly hammered for stuff like this in England, what the reaction been there?

That’s very poor mate, no excuse for that sort of behaviour even rivalry and as others have said fans would be absolutely and rightly hammered for stuff like this in England, what the reaction been there?
There is no stir when our rivals are singing about killing rats. No one has a problem with that. But everyone in Belgium know that’s a nickname for Beerschot fans. Not a self chosen one but over they years nevertheless adopted with pride. It’s a bad coincidence that Antwerp adopted a nickname like Ajax which assembles a specific race which makes chanting about their fans racist. They hang out the Israel flag whereas they have no links with Israel or Jews. Rival fans started calling them that because there were many Jewish diamond shops in Antwerp but apart from that there is no link whatsoever with the Jewish community. I understand the reactions but without knowing the 100 years of history between the supporter groups it’s also easy to judge. The other part has done much worse things then just some chanting and in our club everyone knows there is no racial undertone. We have no problem at all with Jews, had some Israeli players in the past and they were soon crowd favourites. If Antwerp fans had another nickname no one would be talking about the rival chants. But off course I agree it’s very bad taste and we have better songs than those.

There is no stir when our rivals are singing about killing rats. No one has a problem with that. But everyone in Belgium know that’s a nickname for Beerschot fans. Not a self chosen one but over they years nevertheless adopted with pride. It’s a bad coincidence that Antwerp adopted a nickname like Ajax which assembles a specific race which makes chanting about their fans racist. They hang out the Israel flag whereas they have no links with Israel or Jews. Rival fans started calling them that because there were many Jewish diamond shops in Antwerp but apart from that there is no link whatsoever with the Jewish community. I understand the reactions but without knowing the 100 years of history between the supporter groups it’s also easy to judge. The other part has done much worse things then just some chanting and in our club everyone knows there is no racial undertone. We have no problem at all with Jews, had some Israeli players in the past and they were soon crowd favourites. If Antwerp fans had another nickname no one would be talking about the rival chants. But off course I agree it’s very bad taste and we have better songs than those.
This is an incredibly piss weak justification for singing this

"My father was in the commandos, my mother was in the SS, together they burned Jews ’cause Jews burn the best,"

We have a similar issue with Tottenham fans calling themselves “Yids” which while they do have some Jewish fans clearly isn’t true of the majority of their fans. There’s campaigns to try to stop them using the term but still antisemitic chanting against them wouldn’t be tolerated albeit I’m not naïve enough to think it doesn’t happen mind. I get what you say about “rats” after all we and Wednesday fans call each other pigs but chanting about being in the SS and gassing Jews isn’t quite at the same level. Always mindless minorities that give the majority of fans a bad name.

Benelux countries have some weird habit of using “Jews” as an insult. It’s not blanket, but it’s more noticeable than over here. For example, I was in Rotterdam about 10 years ago and frequently heard the police called “Jews” which I found weird, know people who have had similar experiences. Ajax, similar to Spurs, use it as a counter and identity, wherein rival fans resort to anti-Semitic chanting. Not sure if that’s the case with Antwerp?

Case in point, if Leeds or Wednesday had a similar identity to Ajax and Spurs, I’d be disgusted if we resorted to the level of chants they’re adhered to. I dont particulat like both teams, and frequently refer to them as pigs etc. But I think that stays in the realm of traditional football rivalry, not blatant discrimination.

Sorry PurpleRain, I know it's a different country and I don't know the 100 years of history between the clubs, but I will judge. I know what you're saying about 'nicknames' but it's not a nickname, it's a race, and the song refers directly to the SS and killing Jews in the holocaust. It's not a good look to try and justify it in any way, even if you are sticking up for your club. Also probably not the smartest analogy to compare with killing rats. I enjoy your posts mate but you're way off the mark with this one.

Lost 4-1 to Genk.

I caught the second half and it was a bit of an odd game in that Beerschot could have been in for a draw at one point but a series of poor decisions exhausted the chance.

At 2-0 there was a very nice move which led to Avenatti, the new striker signing, put through on goal. He got a decent strike away but the goalie just got something on it. A bit unfortunate really. I actually thought he did ok in the end. At times he was crowded out with 3 players around him and the midfield did little to help him other than watch, but he did show a bit of presence for the attack.

Not long after this, de Smet (on loan from Reims) the left wing back, or left back, as they'd switched to 4 at the back at this point, needlessly chopped down the opposition forward in the box and that killed the momentum.

Not long after Beerschot scored a decent goal. Nice pass from the left and Noubissi met the cross with a smart finish first time, similar to Mousset at home this season. Nice goal to be fair.

The problem they have is that the defence is just wide open. I saw the replay of the first two goals and both were crosses with plenty of men in the box just ball watching. They just aren't switched on at all. I think the only player who seems to make level headed decisions is Dom, the right back, who made a well timed sliding tackle to snuff out an attack late on. The fourth goal saw the centre half wrong footed by a quick shimmy from the forward and he had a simple finish into the far corner, not dissimilar to the eventual finish of the first goal at Derby.

I understand Sanisi will be back soon in the midfield but the rest just offer little protection to the defence.

I meant to mention before Lemos the centre back on loan from Turkey. This guy is such a bombscare. I think he's the one in the 7-0 thrashing that did his best to prevent a corner only to hand a goal straight to them. One passage of play he was messing around on the edge of his own box again and got dispossessed. Why he didn't just launch it clear I've no idea. He seems to be their Jack Robinson.

The forward Suzuki seems to run about a lot but his decision making is poor. One time it looked like he was put through on the inside right spot. He slowed down and caused the attack to lose momentum and instead of passing to Holzhauser who was completely unmarked on the edge of the box, he tried to curl the ball with his left foot and it just went harmlessly to the keeper.

It's not that they don't have opportunities to be in games, just lack quality decision making. The central defence always looks wide open and the midfield offer no protection.

They are running out of games and the concern for them would be there isn't much there to really build on right now. It is very much like watching a re-run of us last season.

PurpleRain did you catch it?

United world are going for multiple relegations!

Seems to be a theme.

Lost 4-1 to Genk.

I caught the second half and it was a bit of an odd game in that Beerschot could have been in for a draw at one point but a series of poor decisions exhausted the chance.

At 2-0 there was a very nice move which led to Avenatti, the new striker signing, put through on goal. He got a decent strike away but the goalie just got something on it. A bit unfortunate really. I actually thought he did ok in the end. At times he was crowded out with 3 players around him and the midfield did little to help him other than watch, but he did show a bit of presence for the attack.

Not long after this, de Smet (on loan from Reims) the left wing back, or left back, as they'd switched to 4 at the back at this point, needlessly chopped down the opposition forward in the box and that killed the momentum.

Not long after Beerschot scored a decent goal. Nice pass from the left and Noubissi met the cross with a smart finish first time, similar to Mousset at home this season. Nice goal to be fair.

The problem they have is that the defence is just wide open. I saw the replay of the first two goals and both were crosses with plenty of men in the box just ball watching. They just aren't switched on at all. I think the only player who seems to make level headed decisions is Dom, the right back, who made a well timed sliding tackle to snuff out an attack late on. The fourth goal saw the centre half wrong footed by a quick shimmy from the forward and he had a simple finish into the far corner, not dissimilar to the eventual finish of the first goal at Derby.

I understand Sanisi will be back soon in the midfield but the rest just offer little protection to the defence.

I meant to mention before Lemos the centre back on loan from Turkey. This guy is such a bombscare. I think he's the one in the 7-0 thrashing that did his best to prevent a corner only to hand a goal straight to them. One passage of play he was messing around on the edge of his own box again and got dispossessed. Why he didn't just launch it clear I've no idea. He seems to be their Jack Robinson.

The forward Suzuki seems to run about a lot but his decision making is poor. One time it looked like he was put through on the inside right spot. He slowed down and caused the attack to lose momentum and instead of passing to Holzhauser who was completely unmarked on the edge of the box, he tried to curl the ball with his left foot and it just went harmlessly to the keeper.

It's not that they don't have opportunities to be in games, just lack quality decision making. The central defence always looks wide open and the midfield offer no protection.

They are running out of games and the concern for them would be there isn't much there to really build on right now. It is very much like watching a re-run of us last season.

PurpleRain did you catch it?

Yes despite my intention to no longer watch the weekly humiliation, I could not resist… I agree with your comments. In a 5-3-2 what we played the first 60 minutes you need two wing backs with pace and crossing ability. We don’t have that. Avenatti looks a decent big centre forward. He did not receive 1 useful cross. Suzuki is just useless. They keep playing him and he keeps disappointing. Shankland is better than him. But we really need a paceful tricky attacking player. All our strikers are slow and can’t get past an opponent.
The main news before the game was that our goalkeeper and captain Vanhamel was removed from the squad. The story goes that he was the eyes and ears for DoF Van Winckel who resides in Dubai and doesn’t bother being at the club he is supposed to manage. This spying ruined the dressing room atmosphere which is understandable. The way they run a club from distance is so wrong and the first cause for all the bad results.

Yes despite my intention to no longer watch the weekly humiliation, I could not resist… I agree with your comments. In a 5-3-2 what we played the first 60 minutes you need two wing backs with pace and crossing ability. We don’t have that. Avenatti looks a decent big centre forward. He did not receive 1 useful cross. Suzuki is just useless. They keep playing him and he keeps disappointing. Shankland is better than him. But we really need a paceful tricky attacking player. All our strikers are slow and can’t get past an opponent.
The main news before the game was that our goalkeeper and captain Vanhamel was removed from the squad. The story goes that he was the eyes and ears for DoF Van Winckel who resides in Dubai and doesn’t bother being at the club he is supposed to manage. This spying ruined the dressing room atmosphere which is understandable. The way they run a club from distance is so wrong and the first cause for all the bad results.
What are your wingback options?

Halaïmia when he returns from the ACN on the right hand side?

On the left who could play there? What sort of player is Krekovic?

What are your wingback options?

Halaïmia when he returns from the ACN on the right hand side?

On the left who could play there? What sort of player is Krekovic?
On the right first choice is Dom. Defensively he is good enough. Going forward he is poor. Most suited in a 4 mans defense. In a 5-3-2 he is not efficient as his cross is terrible and does not have enough pace/technique to contribute attacking wise. Reda is the other option on the right. His defensive positioning is horrible at times. He does have a lot of pace and stamina but also no end product attacking wise. For a player with his pace he should have some assists and goals in him but no sir, it’s not happening. Krekovic was signed as a wing back but never played that position before. He is an attacking winger of very poor level that cannot handle the speed of the game in first division. He made some shocking passes the few times he played and looked like a pub player. On the left most of the season they played our best central defender (Van den Bergh) and his performances dropped week by week. He is just no left back and should be played in a central role. The other option is loanee De Smet who is just incapable for this level. He has collected about 10 weeks of suspension following red cards and concedes a penalty or soft goal in every game he features. It has become beyond ridiculous. So one of the main problems in our squad is the lack of decent wing backs. We also have no wingers. And no tricky, pacey attacker. That makes us a pretty predictable team to play against. The main worry now is that they will not address any of these issues nor in this transfer window nor in the next and we will be closer to another relegation next season then getting back promoted. There is zero communication from the club on what the plans are. We have turned into a complete shambles.

It's looking like Game Over PurpleRain !

I couldn't pick up a reliable stream but fkr those who didn't see, Beerschot lost 2-1 away to Serang.

FC Serang are newly promoted and in the spot above and the place where an end of season play off would take place vs the team second in the Belgium second division. A win would have closed the gap to 4, with a game in hand and 11 left to play.

Beerschot went behind to a penalty on the cusp of half time. I assume a foul by the keeper as he got booked about the same time.

At half time they dropped 3-4-1-2 and put Shankland on who equalized not long after the restart. Sensing blood they also took the Japanese Jamaican they have, Suzuki, who has always been willing but ineffectual when I've seen him. They replaced him with the Noubissi who scored a decent goal in the recent 4-1 loss to Genk.

Anyway, it seemed not to work as they went behind in the 57th minute and couldn't claw back what looked a relatively even game statistically at least though Beerschot enjoyed more possession. It looks like both Halaïmia, returning from the ACN and Rigo, the recent new signing joined the fray but tl no effect.

Definitely a missed opportunity and a season changing result. Now 10 behind with 11 to play and with a form that reads Won 1 Lost 8 of the last 9.

As fans we hate to see the team raise the white flag. Football is about believing the impossible dream at times, overcoming the odds. But this was there game of a three game sequence that was at worst must win, at best mustn't lose.

Pragmatism is a bitter pill to swallow but it would make sense to turn eyes to next season.

Send the loans back to their parent clubs if possible. The likes of De Smet and Lemos, the latter has already been linked to a move away. He scored an excellent free kick the other day but I've found his defending risky to kamikaze. No point paying money to three guys any more.

Then work out who is going to be part of the core next season.

Can Sanusi be kept on, maybe with the lure of a longer contract? Will Holzhauser be fine to stay? Is Vanhammel's position retrievable? He seems to have been scapegoated a little. But I'd still say he's the best keeper on their books based on the limited viewings. Start to give some game time to some of the younger players to build up their experience. Move some on in the next few days of the window if possible.

It's a disappointing day for United World, because with Visas it limits some of the effectiveness of the group. But the teams that make up this group are not established teams so there will need some cool heads.

At the end of the day, they brought in Chateauroux, but they were dead and buried in League 2. They are towards the top but by no means front runners for promotion from the National League. The group could do worse than send a couple of Beerschot players over to finish the job. It's not as if Beerschot's results will take a hit.

Beerschot were, similar to us, a promoted team, relegated, almost now, in the second season.

So we shouldn't be surprised what goes up, must come down! But the next season or so will be crucial. For Chateauroux, if they do not gain promotion back to League Two this season or next, then they will lose their professional status. For us, of course, the parachute money sustaining the wage bill will end and for Beerschot no such sword of Damocles over their heads but clearly they are better bouncing back at the first attempt.

Who'd be a football fan, eh?

Second lowest wage budget in the league, that’s reason number one for our downfall. Why buy multiple clubs if you do not have the means or intention to fund them properly. Beyond me.
Second reason is that on top of the too limited funding they lack any kind of football know how resulting the limited funds to be wasted on terrible players.
That’s the story of United World so far and I see it applies to all clubs in the group. Personally a nightmare this ownership, but hey it’s just football, there are worse things like a pandemic and the threat of a new word war.

Second lowest wage budget in the league, that’s reason number one for our downfall. Why buy multiple clubs if you do not have the means or intention to fund them properly. Beyond me.
Second reason is that on top of the too limited funding they lack any kind of football know how resulting the limited funds to be wasted on terrible players.
That’s the story of United World so far and I see it applies to all clubs in the group. Personally a nightmare this ownership, but hey it’s just football, there are worse things like a pandemic and the threat of a new word war.
Spot on

👀

Beerschot made a gamely comeback in an entertaining 3-3 draw against Flanders' Zulte Waregem.

They took the lead early from a rather poorly struck corner from Holzhauser. He had recently committed to stay at Beerschot through the winter window. Anyway, his intended inswinger didn't really get off the ground and the low centre was missed by those at the near post and fell kindly to young Greek centre back Konstantopoulos to slot home first time from 7 yards out, his first for the club.

This had followed an abberation of a handball decision not given when Shankland's shot was palmed away by the defender. The referees body have come out since and admitted a mistake was made by the referee and VAR in not awarding but that is scant consolation to the team that could have been 2-0 to the good. Image below. Hand miles away from the body. It seems when your luck is out, it's really out:

Zulte equalised from a breakaway on a Beerschot corner with a clinical finish after a slick counter offensive.

They then got a penalty of their own given by VAR for handball which I'm sure was gauling for the home support.

To compound this another fast paced counter attack saw them 1-3 down. You can see from the highlights but I thought the goalie made it a bit easy for the striker. The ball got put through his legs but with 2 defenders around the forward I think he may have been better staying back.

So a pretty poor scenario at half-time. But it does seem Beerschot may have found themselves a new hero in the guise of young Ilias Sebaoui. He had a calm assurance about him, not too dissimilar to N'Diaye. He carried the ball effortlessly forward to lay into the path of the Cameroonian Noubissi. The ball broke a little as he was pressed and Shankland, the ex-Dundee United player was on hand to slot home as the ball broke. His second in 2 games. After a disappointing season he might be finding his feet, albeit late in the day.

In the closing stages Beerschot were camped out in the opposition third and the pressure finally told. A penalty was given for a slightly soft handball; it was handball, but nowhere near as glaring as the one not given. More ball to hand and not as unnatural as the earlier claim. But a deserved award in the context of the game. Out of all the experienced players on the pitch, it was the young 20 year old, who had only entered the fray in the 72nd minute who courageously stepped up to the spot and placed a low penalty to the keeper's far right corner out of the reach of the dispairing dive. All the more impressive when you consider the state of the game and that the spot kick was in the 92nd minute.

There was still time for more Beerschot attacking but Avenatti was unable to beat the keeper with a header being pushed away for a corner. From the next attack a subsequent scramble was pounced upon by the keeper who made a meal of being injured but I didn't see any contact. It did enough to waste time so that the game remained all square.

Possibly should have won on the balance of play but could also have lost with the half time scoreline.

With Seraing also getting a point from a 0-0 at Eupen it did little in the grand scheme of things for Beerschot's prospects this season though at least the fight back and the emergence of youth provided some positivity in an otherwise unfulfilling season.

There was little news in the transfer market this week for them. The earlier loans of Rigo and Avenatti were all in terms of incomings. A young left winger Issa Soumaré was loaned to Rouen in Ligue 2 in France. He managed 11 games at the start of the season, scoring once but had featured only sparingly since Torrente took over from Peter Maes. In a bizarre twist, the second player to leave was a loanee from Gambia, Abdoulie Sanyang, a right winger, who not only mirrored the record of 11 appearances and 1 goal but immediately after his loan was cancelled, joined Ligue 2 Grenoble, whose next match is against Rouen!

Beerschot's next game is against Mechelen who they lost to 1-0 at home earlier in the season. Last year's away fixture saw Beerschot 3-2 winners with the goals coming from Tissoudali, Coulibaly and Van Den Bergh, so they'll be hoping for a repeat scoreline as they look to keep safety at least a mathematical possibility for as long as possible.

Beerschot made a gamely comeback in an entertaining 3-3 draw against Flanders' Zulte Waregem.

They took the lead early from a rather poorly struck corner from Holzhauser. He had recently committed to stay at Beerschot through the winter window. Anyway, his intended inswinger didn't really get off the ground and the low centre was missed by those at the near post and fell kindly to young Greek centre back Konstantopoulos to slot home first time from 7 yards out, his first for the club.

This had followed an abberation of a handball decision not given when Shankland's shot was palmed away by the defender. The referees body have come out since and admitted a mistake was made by the referee and VAR in not awarding but that is scant consolation to the team that could have been 2-0 to the good. Image below. Hand miles away from the body. It seems when your luck is out, it's really out:

Zulte equalised from a breakaway on a Beerschot corner with a clinical finish after a slick counter offensive.

They then got a penalty of their own given by VAR for handball which I'm sure was gauling for the home support.

To compound this another fast paced counter attack saw them 1-3 down. You can see from the highlights but I thought the goalie made it a bit easy for the striker. The ball got put through his legs but with 2 defenders around the forward I think he may have been better staying back.

So a pretty poor scenario at half-time. But it does seem Beerschot may have found themselves a new hero in the guise of young Ilias Sebaoui. He had a calm assurance about him, not too dissimilar to N'Diaye. He carried the ball effortlessly forward to lay into the path of the Cameroonian Noubissi. The ball broke a little as he was pressed and Shankland, the ex-Dundee United player was on hand to slot home as the ball broke. His second in 2 games. After a disappointing season he might be finding his feet, albeit late in the day.

In the closing stages Beerschot were camped out in the opposition third and the pressure finally told. A penalty was given for a slightly soft handball; it was handball, but nowhere near as glaring as the one not given. More ball to hand and not as unnatural as the earlier claim. But a deserved award in the context of the game. Out of all the experienced players on the pitch, it was the young 20 year old, who had only entered the fray in the 72nd minute who courageously stepped up to the spot and placed a low penalty to the keeper's far right corner out of the reach of the dispairing dive. All the more impressive when you consider the state of the game and that the spot kick was in the 92nd minute.

There was still time for more Beerschot attacking but Avenatti was unable to beat the keeper with a header being pushed away for a corner. From the next attack a subsequent scramble was pounced upon by the keeper who made a meal of being injured but I didn't see any contact. It did enough to waste time so that the game remained all square.

Possibly should have won on the balance of play but could also have lost with the half time scoreline.

With Seraing also getting a point from a 0-0 at Eupen it did little in the grand scheme of things for Beerschot's prospects this season though at least the fight back and the emergence of youth provided some positivity in an otherwise unfulfilling season.

There was little news in the transfer market this week for them. The earlier loans of Rigo and Avenatti were all in terms of incomings. A young left winger Issa Soumaré was loaned to Rouen in Ligue 2 in France. He managed 11 games at the start of the season, scoring once but had featured only sparingly since Torrente took over from Peter Maes. In a bizarre twist, the second player to leave was a loanee from Gambia, Abdoulie Sanyang, a right winger, who not only mirrored the record of 11 appearances and 1 goal but immediately after his loan was cancelled, joined Ligue 2 Grenoble, whose next match is against Rouen!

Beerschot's next game is against Mechelen who they lost to 1-0 at home earlier in the season. Last year's away fixture saw Beerschot 3-2 winners with the goals coming from Tissoudali, Coulibaly and Van Den Bergh, so they'll be hoping for a repeat scoreline as they look to keep safety at least a mathematical possibility for as long as possible.

Move over Coulibaly, we want Sebaoui at the lane!

That’s a great summary 👍

Just booked myself tickets for the Millwall game on 26 February. I am in London that weekend with the family. Will be my first Blades game ever. I hope the atmosphere will be great.

That’s a great summary 👍

Just booked myself tickets for the Millwall game on 26 February. I am in London that weekend with the family. Will be my first Blades game ever. I hope the atmosphere will be great.
Hopefully you will be a good omen!

Millwall has a reputation as a rough club but to be honest I always liked that as an away game. The interaction between both sets of fans can be quite humorous and I haven't seen any trouble there in all the time I lived in London, roughly 10 years (not in UK anymore).

Some decent pubs not far from Borough Market if I recall. Hope it will be one of many wins in February..we have a ridiculous fixture list this month due to COVID-19 but getting momentum.

Back
Top Bottom