Bogle 2nd Half

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Slim Man

Reaction score
Played like a man possessed. Very impressive.
First half and second half were chalk and cheese. He wanted the ball, defended well, full of energy and most importantly something he’s lacked in the past - he was extremely aggressive.

He’s got all the potential in the world but so often looks like he can’t be arsed or lets the game pass him by. No way that happens if he plays like he did second half every game, even with his defensive deficiencies.

Wonder what triggered that. Could it be a hairdryer moment from Hecky or more likely from the Greek god himself George Baldock?

We need to find a way to fit him and Baldock into the team every week in my opinion, therefore a 4 at the back is the order of the day for me, let Bogle play infront of him.

Played like a man possessed. Very impressive.
First half and second half were chalk and cheese. He wanted the ball, defended well, full of energy and most importantly something he’s lacked in the past - he was extremely aggressive.

He’s got all the potential in the world but so often looks like he can’t be arsed or lets the game pass him by. No way that happens if he plays like he did second half every game, even with his defensive deficiencies.

Wonder what triggered that. Could it be a hairdryer moment from Hecky or more likely from the Greek god himself George Baldock?

We need to find a way to fit him and Baldock into the team every week in my opinion, therefore a 4 at the back is the order of the day for me, let Bogle play infront of him.
I think you got it right Baldock was up his arse driving him on.
George showed on Saturday how important he is to the team .
We've missed his leadership and aggression ! Came back in spades on Saturday.

I think you got it right Baldock was up his arse driving him on.
George showed on Saturday how important he is to the team .
We've missed his leadership and aggression ! Came back in spades on Saturday.
When you have as little quality as we do in comparison to the rest you need all the aggression and will in the world. It was nice to see that back.

for me we need to go 4 at the back with baldock rb and bogle rm

In one game he can go from looking slow and ponderous to sharp and driving. I like having him on the pitch and agree he was strong second half. He'll want that finish for his chance back 🙈

Bogle has always been better going forward and not great in defence. Baldock has always been better in defence and not great in attack. Combine the two and you'd have a great player, well the good bits. Mix the other bits and you'd have Nyron Nosworthy!

With that in mind, could this give us the opportunity to actually use wingers? Traore was brought in as a winger/striker in the same way that we brought in Callum Robinson. We lacked pace up top so we identified a fast winger with a decent goal scoring record in the hope that we could convert him into a striker.

Our main tactic has always been crosses into the box, which we are severely lacking this season, so could we play Bogle on one wing, Traore on the other with one of Norwood/Souza in the middle alongside one of Hamer/McAtee with McBurnie and Archer up front? It would certainly make our bench stronger having two of these four to bring on instead of Osborn or Fleck? 4-4-2 isn't a relic of the past and could work for us.

Get back to 4 at the back and play him infront of Bogle. See if helps us in being able to progress up the pitch better.

I think with Bogle you just have to live with his deficiencies. Not sure you can just turn a wing back into a midfielder or a even winger. One of his strengths is carrying the ball forward when he has time and space. He won't have that playing in a more advanced role. He'd have to beat defenders 1on1 and be more creative. Also he's not a natural finisher (as we've seen today) and a winger definitely needs to be able to finish.

My favourite ‘Bogleism’ is when he picks the ball up on the right and cuts inside then just keeps beating men and keeps going left across the pitch. He either then falls over or plays a decent ball out to the wing, pretty much pot luck on which one happens.

I think with Bogle you just have to live with his deficiencies. Not sure you can just turn a wing back into a midfielder or a even winger. One of his strengths is carrying the ball forward when he has time and space. He won't have that playing in a more advanced role. He'd have to beat defenders 1on1 and be more creative. Also he's not a natural finisher (as we've seen today) and a winger definitely needs to be able to finish.
Gareth Bale?

Bogle as the attributes to be a winger/wide forward.

I can remember those smell twats across the city utilising a defender as a striker a few yrs ago and it worked, I think the chant went like " you'll never catch the wanker" or was it Warhurst ? Not too sure which one is correct 😉

My favourite ‘Bogleism’ is when he picks the ball up on the right and cuts inside then just keeps beating men and keeps going left across the pitch. He either then falls over or plays a decent ball out to the wing, pretty much pot luck on which one happens.
A bit like Danny Webber when he used to take on and beat a player with fancy footwork, then take on the same player again immediately after and lose the ball.

He's moving from the young player age range now. He's still only 23 so he's hardly old but hopefully we start to see more regular performances from him. At his best he's fantastic but it's a bit hit and miss.

He's moving from the young player age range now. He's still only 23 so he's hardly old but hopefully we start to see more regular performances from him. At his best he's fantastic but it's a bit hit and miss.

Agree.....when I see negative criticism towards Bogle can understand it
but I see a real player there and I rate him.....when Bogle is in the mood he's definitely PL standard.

Often thought performance on the pitch is linked to mentality.
When ever I see Bogle and Lowe play, they both seem too laid back, it's like they're having a kick about in the park
and as long as they get paid then the results isn't that important. Apart from a great 2 months at the start of last season Lowe played like he's going through the motions and not that bothered. Bogle can be similar but has far more attacking talent compared to Lowe.
Think a manager like Warnock could do wonders for Bogle, it seems more a mental attitude issue.

Where as you imagine players like Baldock who doesn't have the skill, dribbling ability and shooting/ scoring ability as Bogle,
taking every defeat personal and being in a bad mood for 24 hours after a match. Baldock is a terrible loser, we could be playing away to Real Madrid and Baldock will still be fired up and focused to win, that's the attitude I love to see.

Agree.....when I see negative criticism towards Bogle can understand it
but I see a real player there and I rate him.....when Bogle is in the mood he's definitely PL standard.

Often thought performance on the pitch is linked to mentality.
When ever I see Bogle and Lowe play, they both seem too laid back, it's like they're having a kick about in the park
and as long as they get paid then the results isn't that important. Apart from a great 2 months at the start of last season Lowe played like he's going through the motions and not that bothered. Bogle can be similar but has far more attacking talent compared to Lowe.
Think a manager like Warnock could do wonders for Bogle, it seems more a mental attitude issue.

Where as you imagine players like Baldock who doesn't have the skill, dribbling ability and shooting/ scoring ability as Bogle,
taking every defeat personal and being in a bad mood for 24 hours after a match. Baldock is a terrible loser, we could be playing away to Real Madrid and Baldock will still be fired up and focused to win, that's the attitude I love to see.
I agree with a lot of this. I think we'd find it hard to find another RWB with as much attacking ability. He needs to find consistency and keep taking lessons from Baldock meanwhile... But to find consistency his body needs to support him.

Way roo inconsistent at this level, goes missing for too long and players seem to just waltz past him as he's not quick enough.

A bit like our team, very good in the championship, poor in the PL

That touch and goal at Birmingham is the sort of thing he’s capable of. Needs to push on now, avoid injury and show us a bit of that more often.

Back
Top Bottom