Outgoing? Baldock

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Based on what I saw last season with my own eyes (Bogle played in a back 4 at Derby) If Slav keeps the back 3 then I would be inclined to let Furious go if the offer is decent as I personally think Bogle is a better WB plus he obviously has age on his side and we have a ready made backup replacement.

However if Slav reverts to a back 4 then I'm not sure I'd be inclined to let Furious go as, IMO, he's far better defensively than Bogle.

I'm sure there's some that think Slav is nailed on to stick with a back 3 but I'm really not sure. If the rumours about JOC are true we'll need another LCB so could quite easily get 1 suited to a back 2 and I truly believe if we don't get the offer we want for Berge then he'll stay and Slav will revert to a 4231 with Norwood and Berge as the double pivot.

Based on what I saw last season with my own eyes (Bogle played in a back 4 at Derby) If Slav keeps the back 3 then I would be inclined to let Furious go if the offer is decent as I personally think Bogle is a better WB plus he obviously has age on his side and we have a ready made backup replacement.

However if Slav reverts to a back 4 then I'm not sure I'd be inclined to let Furious go as, IMO, he's far better defensively than Bogle.

I'm sure there's some that think Slav is nailed on to stick with a back 3 but I'm really not sure. If the rumours about JOC are true we'll need another LCB so could quite easily get 1 suited to a back 2 and I truly believe if we don't get the offer we want for Berge then he'll stay and Slav will revert to a 4231 with Norwood and Berge as the double pivot.
im still hoping for 433 with bogle in front of baldock on our right side and if the joc rumours are true i can see slav bringing 1 possibly 2 new centre backs in

Going to Celtic, I’ve been told around 4mil figure
If true then we really are looking in bad shape at the back. Big fan of Bogle but not sure he will be as consistent as Baldock and also needs someone in to contest his spot.

H
He's contracted to 2024 and I believe we paid £4 million to Brentford for him. It doesn't make sense for us to hold firm with Rammers and Berge, but to give away Egan for what we paid for him...

Haha imagine if they sold Egan for £4m - the South Stand car park would look like the Clarkes factory. Letting Baldock go for that paltry amount would be bad enough! :)

Is Chuckie Green back on the Board or something?

wouldnt be a major suprise rumours about celtic being interested for a couple of weeks but surely were giving him away at 4m got to be double that i would have thought

Nah, can't see it myself. Our new leader has already said that he doesnt want to sell anyone at the moment and that he wants to see what the players have and are all about. He isn't going to sell a player who was a mainstay of the side for £4m. Sorry, I just don't believe it. Probably just Celtics agent trying to unsettle a player who they like.

Baldock will be a Blade still first game of the season unless a much larger fee is chucked our way.

They were rumoured to be interested at a figure of £4-5m we were supposed to be holding out for £8m
We have bogle and sereki as cover anything over £6m whilst weakening us in that position initially will provide us with funds for badly needed areas of the squad

I'm a big fan of Baldock but that would be a great move for him.

If would suggest we're working with Bogle and Seriki in a more advanced wingback role.

If true then we really are looking in bad shape at the back. Big fan of Bogle but not sure he will be as consistent as Baldock and also needs someone in to contest his spot.
If it's a back 3 then I'd be happy to see baldock go. We've got a quality replacement in Bogle. (Better wingback than George imo) and a decent back up option in seriki.. guy looks head and shoulders above the under 23s. Very mature head on his shoulders for his age.

Maybe SJ has seen enough from Bogle and Seriki to sanction this if he gets the funds to use

well were not exactly short of wing backs on either flank but if george is sold got to be more than 4m wonder if slav is going to sacrifice baldock to bring cairney in 🤔

If that happens then we should change the sponsor on the home kit to "I'M WITH STUPID", and a finger pointing to a picture of Bettis' face.

A quality player with an exceptional, professional attitude and, who didn't look out of place at all in Premier League (IMO). Not got the end product right, I admit, but he is primarily a defender. Something that no one could ever accuse 'can't defend-won't defend Bogle' of ever being. His tackle is an apology.

utb

If that happens then we should change the sponsor on the home kit to "I'M WITH STUPID", and a finger pointing to a picture of Bettis' face.

A quality player with an exceptional, professional attitude and, who didn't look out of place at all in Premier League (IMO). Not got the end product right, I admit, but he is primarily a defender. Something that no one could ever accuse 'can't defend-won't defend Bogle' of ever being. His tackle is an apology.

utb

I know it was only a friendly, but he was clearly absolute quality on Saturday and worked very well with Seriki.

utb
That's the point though. If we're playing a 3-4-3 and expecting the midfielders to sit deep and the two wingbacks to provide 15-20 assists between them then he's not guaranteed to do that.

I can see the rationale for letting him move on given we have cover but 4 million would seem pretty cheap for a solid proven prem right back.

I think someone is winding you up mate ...... McCabe has gone now so the days of us rolling over and dropping our shorts for the first derisory offer are gone :rolleyes:

Celtic cant afford Baldock as I can't see anyone with a brain accepting less than about £8 to 9 million for him

UTB & FTP

In Baldock we have one of the top RBs in the league. Someone who got promoted with us 2 years ago, and has since performed very well in our first Prem season, and average last year (when the majority were shite).

Even with Bogle/Seraki, it would be foolish to let Baldock go - especially for £4m.

Back
Top Bottom