Outgoing? Baldock

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

That's the point though. If we're playing a 3-4-3 and expecting the midfielders to sit deep and the two wingbacks to provide 15-20 assists between them then he's not guaranteed to do that.
Maybe not, but will Bogle on a consistent basis? I haven't seen any evidence to suggest that he has enough quality to produce crosses and assists in the way you say. You could argue that he might 'step up' at Championship level, but so might Baldock, too.
More to the point would be, who covers bash in defence when injury strikes? Certainly not Bogle.
In my opinion, I think we know that Baldock can do a job defensively in the prem. I'm not sure Bogle is good enough in any position for Premier League football.
We'll see, but £4m for George is ludicrous, should it happen.
utb

Maybe not, but will Bogle on a consistent basis? I haven't seen any evidence to suggest that he has enough quality to produce crosses and assists in the way you say. You could argue that he might 'step up' at Championship level, but so might Baldock, too.
More to the point would be, who covers bash in defence when injury strikes? Certainly not Bogle.
In my opinion, I think we know that Baldock can do a job defensively in the prem. I'm not sure Bogle is good enough in any position for Premier League football.
We'll see, but £4m for George is ludicrous, should it happen.
utb
Bogle is 20/21(?) And has shown promise to be a consistent premier League player in the future. Baldock is quality that I'll agree with. But sometimes out with the old and in with the new is good.

That's the point though. If we're playing a 3-4-3 and expecting the midfielders to sit deep and the two wingbacks to provide 15-20 assists between them then he's not guaranteed to do that.
it certainly looks like were going to play 343 and no doubt baldock is a better rb than rwb but unless slav wants the money for other areas i would keep him lots on here saying hes not tall enough for the rcb role but i think he would be ok there in the championship similar to the role kyle played last night george has plenty of pace for that role imo

Has McCabe set the price for Baldock somehow?

Maybe he did
We said £8 - £10 million
Celtic said no

We go chasing after them crying like a street hooker who's been downpriced

it certainly looks like were going to play 343 and no doubt baldock is a better rb than rwb but unless slav wants the money for other areas i would keep him lots on here saying hes not tall enough for the rcb role but i think he would be ok there in the championship similar to the role kyle played last night george has plenty of pace for that role imo
Baldock might want to go? No one seems to take that into account. Playing for Celtic would be a new challenge and while that league is shit he'd get to play in Europe.

I think the issue is that we can only have so many players. If they think Seriki is good enough then you've got 3 in one position. Same probably with Stevens. Doesn't really fit into a forward thinking WB. More likely RND and Lowe.

They're the same height Kyle and George but they're very different in terms of aerial ability. Baldock is good with a run up but Kyle has played as a CB and has a much better leap. International football doesn't have much of the hoof you see in the Championship. We're a small team as it is. Set pieces will be very important.

Baldock might want to go? No one seems to take that into account. Playing for Celtic would be a new challenge and while that league is shit he'd get to play in Europe.

I think the issue is that we can only have so many players. If they think Seriki is good enough then you've got 3 in one position. Same probably with Stevens. Doesn't really fit into a forward thinking WB. More likely RND and Lowe.

They're the same height Kyle and George but they're very different in terms of aerial ability. Baldock is good with a run up but Kyle has played as a CB and has a much better leap. International football doesn't have much of the hoof you see in the Championship. We're a small team as it is. Set pieces will be very important.
Chris Wilder would have persuaded Kevin Gage to come out of retirement and claim the No 2 shirt before he’d have picked Seriki. Jokanovic will have no such qualms about picking youngsters if he thinks they’re good enough and he is involving them in preseason. He may well think Bogle and Seriki are sufficient especially if he goes for 343.

I think Seriki would have a huge year for us, if given the chance. Sky is the limit for this kid.

That being said, would be a crying shame to lose Baldock for peanuts.

yeah see your point but were going to have to bring another rcb in if were going with 3 at the back only bash for that role at the minute and yeah as you said george might fancy the move to celtic especially if he could triple his salary

Just to put this into context, Baldock for £4M to Celtic who has played in the Prem for 2 seasons and some people are advocating this, plus us going in for Matt Clarke in another thread for £5M who has never played in the Prem, you couldn’t make this shit up if you tried. Matt Clarke a million more than Baldock. 😂😂😂

Just to put this into context, Baldock for £4M to Celtic who has played in the Prem for 2 seasons and some people are advocating this, plus us going in for Matt Clarke in another thread for £5M who has never played in the Prem, you couldn’t make this shit up if you tried. Matt Clarke a million more than Baldock. 😂😂😂
if baldock does go its got to be 8 - 10m surely or he stays here

Have I turned over two pages at once? Who is Seriki?
You missed a treat not watching the U23s streams last season,
Seriki is 3rd from the right.

Scenes of joy as Sheffield United's U23s get hands on league trophy - but  skipper says hard work isn't over yet ahead of play-off date with Ipswich |  The Star

Have I turned over two pages at once? Who is Seriki?

One to watch. Talented lad, bit raw. Played on the right wing Infront of Baldock in the friendly, worked well together. George fed him some lovely balls.

To put it into even greater context, some Wednesday fans want £5m for Josh Windass. Yes, Josh Windass. I hope the people who think £4m for Baldock is acceptable will reconsider.

To put it into even greater context, some Wednesday fans want £5m for Josh Windass. Yes, Josh Windass. I hope the people who think £4m for Baldock is acceptable will reconsider.
dont think any blades fans will consider 4m for baldock as acceptable but if he really wants the move to celtic they will have to come up with at least double that amount

I think the £5m figure for Windass has come from the club. Similar to the £14m for Forestieri who left for nothing. Or the £10m for Adam Reach who left for nothing. Or turning down £2m for George Hirst and then not letting him play, before he left for nothing.

in SJ we trust.

Maybe, just maybe he can see the potential of our youth team as the future.

If George wants to go, it’ll get done for around £5m-£6m.

Harsh reality 😞.

UTB

If George wants to go, it’ll get done for around £5m-£6m.

Harsh reality 😞.

UTB
Harsh reality at our club, but not the same at any other. I find that very strange or maybe we just have to do as we're told 👍

Back
Top Bottom